Nets Eyeing Garnett

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by DirtySouth, Aug 10, 2003.

1. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

EVERYONE is eyeing Garnett. Im sorry but this story doesnt mean anything. Half of that story just explains why the nets wont be able to clear enough room for garnett. they make a good point there. the nets dont have the space to pay garnett nearly as much as teh wolves will offer him and considering the relative weakness of their fanbasee (they couldnt even sellout all their playoff games this year) it wouldnt even be worth the investrment. but that isnt the biggest factor. Kevin Garnett wants to go somewhere where he can WIN a TITLE. that means going to a team thats as good or better than the wolves. the nets arent as good as the wolves.

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Every team in the entire league wants Garnett. However as the article pointed out NJ doesnt have the space to offer him a contract that he will accept. He can make alot more in Minnesota. I dont see him leaving Minnesota any time soon though. The Wolves have made several moves to actually try to keep KG in Minnesota. They have given him a much better supporting cast in hopes that he will stay. He is not leaving Minnesota.

4. olskoolfunktitude

they dont have as much to offer as minnesota and KG is already very very very rich. if he's gonna leave minnesota hes gonna go to a better team. not a worse team

5. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

There is no one on New Jersey I would trade Garnett for.

Maybe if it was Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin

6. olskoolfunktitude

even then youd have to think about it

7. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Kevin wont be going anywhere unless the T-Wolves can't resign him. He may off left if the Wolves had a nothing offseason and they got knocked out in the first round again. But he's got help now and the Wolves are a serious contender so why would he want to leave?

8. olskoolfunktitude

I just think he'd only leave Minnesota to go to a team thats signifbetter than the wolves and right now the only teams better than the wolves are LA, SA, Dallas and Sacramento.

9. DDC

DDC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">I just think he'd only leave Minnesota to go to a team thats signifbetter than the wolves and right now the only teams better than the wolves are LA, SA, Dallas and Sacramento.</div>

Dallas? Significantly better? I'm starting to doubt that. If you just look at the starting five (with the benchplayers being of about equal strength) you can see, that Kandi is a lot better at C, than either Bradley or LaFrentz, Finley is not better, than Spree at all and I guess we can agree, that though Nowo is an outstanding player, him being actually better, than KG is out of the question. It's probable that Nash and Nick the Quick are both better pointguards than Cassell and T-Hud, but there's also Wallyworld on the Wolves-side. I believe right now the Wolves have one of the strongest starting lineups in the league, and even though they still lack depth, they are clearly better than the Mavs, who I think have 4 better, than average (OK, good) players and the rest of their players are mediocre at best. (Najera and LaFrentz are not bad, and others can play too, but - you get the idea.)

So the point is: as far as talent goes, the Mavs are not significantly better, in fact, they're not better at all. I think the refurbished Nets and the Pistons are not far away from the level of the Mavericks.

BTW, I also think - and of course hope - that KG will not leave Minnesota, and I cannot think of a reason why he would.

10. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">I just think he'd only leave Minnesota to go to a team thats signifbetter than the wolves and right now the only teams better than the wolves are LA, SA, Dallas and Sacramento.</div>

After you remove Dallas from that list it leaves three teams better than the Wolves. Dallas was better than the wolves in the past however because of offseason moves that the wolves made they have become a much better team than the Mavs. KG wouldnt want to leave the Wolves even to go to one of three better teams. The Wolves right now can hang with any team in the league. Remember KG is young, he will have plenty of chances later in his prime to win a ring or two. He can win those rings in Minnesota while still making a ton of money.

I would never imagine him going to the Lakers. Im sorry Shaq, Kobe, KG, Payton, and Malone could not play like a team. Too many players that need the ball to be happy. LA also couldnt pay him anywhere near what he can get in Minnesota. The Kings would be a mad move for Garnett also. They have dropped several players because of cap space and adding Garnett would surely put them high, high into luxury cap space. They already have a great PF in Webber. Why the need to add KG and why would he want to play there? If KG goes to San Antonio also look for serious money problems. The Spurs are saving money to re-sign Ginnobli and Parker this upcoming year. Adding KG for the money he makes now would be impossible.

Basically, KG best choice is to stay with Minnesota and win his rings there. They can pay him what he wants and it will be "his" team, not someone elses.

11. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Every site says KG is going to their team. Ive heard that hes gonna play for the Nets, magic, bobcats and nuggets. T-mac.com has been keeping him in their forums for the longest time. I just dont see him leaving minny unless they get kicked outta the 1st round again this yr. (Which i dont think is going to happen)

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Magic? what are they going to offer? the MLE? [​IMG] he will stay at wolves now...but maybe his best friend CB can make him sign for D...

13. Ice

Ice JBB Member

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Thats some kid getting his hopes up..being friends with a player has nothing to do where they may end up...none at all...if it was..then KG would sign for detroit..as his best friend plays for pistons..

15. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">KG would sign for detroit..as his best friend plays for pistons..</div>

whos that?

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Chauncey Billups...

17. Ice

Ice JBB Member

didnt know that

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Was reported that they talked to each other all through the playoffs...giving each other advice e.t.c