Nets’ Plan B and Plan C at point guard aren’t working

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by truebluefan, Nov 2, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nets guards Randy Foye (right hamstring) and Greivis Vasquez (right ankle) missed Monday’s 118-88 loss to Chicago at Barclays Center. It was concerning partly because Vasquez’s history of ankle woes could indicate a lengthy absence and partly because rookie Isaiah Whitehead has struggled when called upon.

Vasquez’s ankle. which became sore and forced him out of Saturday’s game in Milwaukee, is the same one on which he underwent season-ending surgery last Dec. 15 while playing for the Bucks.

“That’s going to be a day-to-day thing, the performance team and everybody figuring out what that looks like,’’ coach Kenny Atkinson said. “But it’s sore right now, and we’ll look at it on a daily basis.”

Whitehead logged 21:09 minutes as Jeremy Lin’s only backup Monday, scoring six points on 3 of 11 shooting with three assists and a team-high five turnovers.

“I just didn’t come out ready to play at the level the team needed me to. … [I learned] just play with pace, control yourself. I think I came out of the gate a little too fast by trying to force the issue,” Whitehead said

. - See more at: http://nypost.com/2016/11/01/nets-plan-b-and-plan-c-at-point-guard-arent-working/