Nets Season Preview by Dave D.

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by pegs, Sep 26, 2008.

1. pegs

pegs My future wife.

[​IMG]
    Hmm, sounds similar to what Dumpy (I think?) keeps saying - they'll start out slow, and pick up speed by mid-season. Similar to the Sixers.

I don't think we'll have too much of a problem scoring. We've got Vince, 20+. Devin, 15+. I have a feeling Simmons will do fine, he'll give us around 15. I feel like Frank is the type of coach Yi needs, and he'll get Yi the ball where he needs it in order to score around 15. Keyon's good for around 7-10 from the bench, methinks. Boone's good for 10. And then there's a few other role players on the bench who can score, I'd even say we could trust one or two of the rookies to provide some good ppg this year right off the bat - not too nervous about that.

It's true, we don't really know what to expect. But I'm willing to ignore the questions, cross my fingers, and hope for the best for the purpose of overhyping the team in my mind :)

Nets to the playoffs!

Denny Crane likes this.
  2. FOMW

FOMW Member

I agree with most of what Dave D wrote. On slow starts, I guess it depends on what you define as a slow start. For this team, staying around .500 the first month (or for the season) would have to be termed a success, and I think that is doable if everything goes just right and if they defend well from the start. Of course slow starts are nothing new for the Nets, since they've had them the last 4 seasons.