New Game Project (idea i had a few years back)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Gee_Dupe11, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

for all u throw back Just B Ball Memebers, i was checkin all my old threads and post i did years back i a seen this idea i had a long time ago and it sounds like a very great idea. this is the post that i did

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"its a game where u a basketball player(Along with people online)but start out as a Sorrynow what u gotta do is make yourself better so u can get pick up buy a team (There are also Coaches)and make yourself more better so u can make your player and your team better and u can make yourself a Point Guard,Shooting Guard,Small Forward,Power Forward,or Center but your coach can change your position u can also make your own name and height and weight and more stuff when u make your baller.the ways u can make your person better is (Open Court games,pratices etc.)u can't use NBA or NCAA people Names and It has to be a real name (ex. Joe Jackson not The Answer)u can have nicknames thats if u want 2(ex. Kevin "Butter" Williamson).in the game theres the NBL(like NBA) league and theres NBL Pre-League (like NCAA) and theres Free Agent (Thats where u start out if u dont go to Pre-League).u know there be NBL drafts and stuff like that.Its like we are in a real NBA life things
    with the League (Team Owners,staff,etc)</div>
    there was the rules that i had 4 it back then so can get a better idea
    Rules

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Creating your Player Appilcation

1.you can only be one(1) person in the league

2.U Can't use your nickname was a real like (like The Dunk Master) its gotta be a real name (like Ray Smith) but u can have nickanmes like this (Steven "The Dunk Master" Smith) thats if u want to

3. u can't use a nba name (Like Micheal Jordan,Kobe Bryant,Tracy McGrady,Shaq O'neal)

4.the height limit is 4'10-7'4 and the weight limit is 120-330

5.when you apply a position your coach can change it

Coaches Rules:

1.you need to have AOL instant Messenger

2.you need to have a team website

3.you need to have a maxium of 2 captains on your team

4.you need to hava 9-12 players active players on your roster

5. u can only change a players POSITION

Trading
    1.u can only do a 1-4 Team Trade

2.When you Get back a player from a trade that player has to automatily have to wait a total of two(2) days before playing

3.When u get back a player from a trade u have to wait 2 days before trading him again

Injured Reserve(IR)

when u place a person on IR they automatic can't get out of IR for 5 days

Coaches Off Season

when u start a Summer League u can only have 6-12 teams of minium of 6 players to maxium 12 players on each team

other players from other teams and free agents and draft propects can enter your team's summer league

the player must sign up first to be in the summer league

Player Rules

1.U can't see your attrabutes the only people that can see your attrabutes is Me(the owner) and the staff (not coaches and coaches helpers) the only thing u can see is your stats.

2.u need to have AOL instant Messenger

3.when your Appilcation is Approved u can start practing with teams but u CANNOT Practice with others teams if your on a team already

How to get your person better

there will be American Divison/National Divison Practice,Pick up games,Tournaments(3 on 3,4 on 4,or 5 on 5 for this i need to get 3,4,5 people to sign up)u need to sign up for those things il simulate the practice/games and buy the end of the week (sunday) il will but up a list of people that got there Attrabutes point but on there will be a deadline time for the sign up so u need a sign up before the deadline time or u can't to go to the event.

if your in the NBL American divison and Pre-NBL American Divison that means that u can only go to American divison pratice.
    So goes for National Divison

if i dont go to the event u will maybe get wrost

The Pre-NBL League is NCAA so its your choice if u want to go to Pre-NBL League First (extra Attrabutes Points and your automatical on a team)but if u go to straight to the NBL (no extra Attrabutes points and not automaticly on a team thats if a Owner wants to sign u 20% chance of getting sign to a team if u just started) theres about 29 teams on the Pre-NBL League (NCAA Teams,maybe will be more teams added) </div>

sounds kinda wierd but ask me a question and il answer it

but i will have ALOT of tweaks to this idea . i would do league it with NCAA College Hoops 2k6 for Xbox 360. i remember having a alot of ppl and a couple of coaches but iono why i stop

anyways, i want to do this again but change the whole way im gonna do this so if u got a idea post it

2. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

I dont get what you do, is it video games related?

3. Gee_Dupe11

i believe back then i had a online video game where ppl online can play 5-5 up to 10 players on PC but i got a new computer now i dont know where to find that game. now im thinkin of now doing the Simulation on College Hoops 4the 360 but have little mini games to get your player better on these little Online java games or simulate that too on College Hoops Practice Mini Games or somin

4. TheFreshPrince

I'd be in if i could, i am still a little confused thoug. I also have 2k6 for 360

5. Gee_Dupe11

its Like a League with you as a Players along with other players instead a you being a Coach and its all gonna be done in a mess board. kinda like 24/7 mode but a whole league full of ppl

Let me use a Example:

Lets say theres a guy online name is Billy Allen

now lets say im a Owner of a Team Called New Jersey Wildcats(a Owner will be the Coach,GM,Etc.)

first he will do a player application

First Name:Billy
    Last NameAllen
    Nickname:N/A
    Height:6'5
    Weight:210 Ilbs
    Position:SG
    Sec. Position:PG
    School:Villinova
    Birthplace:Boston,Mass
    Brithdate:1/12/84

Then il go a Player Survey to better know the type of player you are and do Generate your Attrabutes.

Lets Say Billy Allen ended up on the Survery a 74 (2K6 Rate) and hes a Shooter but poor as D. bascially like JJ Reddick

then since this is the first ever season the first thing there gonna be is a summer league to better the players so Billy is gonna look around for a summer league

and im wholin down a Summer League called "Jersey Shootout Summer league"

Bill Allen signs up for the summer league. Now hes in a Summer League along with other players online

Il Simulate a game by game of the summer league on 2k6

During the Summer league Billy alot signed up for some Open Court Games to better his Attrabutes and was doing some mini games (dunno how ima do that yet)

Lets say Billy had good Numbers on the: PPG:24.1 APG:5.5 RPG:2.3

Now After the Summer League Billy can go to other Summer League of other Owners or just go to Open Court Mini Games

BIlly Weeks go by and he doesn't Practices and gets worst

and i had him as a Target player for like the draft so i seen him not doing anything so i know hes getting worst

The Leagues Draft goes and Billy was Project as a 1st Overall but went down to like Low 2nd Round Draft

Billy gets picked up by the Orlando Flight was a 18 Overall Pick

Billy is now a part of the Orlando Flight or whatever

Now he has to go Practices and stuff like that and Pre-Season and Season and all the stuff

i can go on but i think u got it right.

if u got a question..ask

6. TheFreshPrince

so what control would i have if i was a player? woudl i play the games or anything?

7. Gee_Dupe11

see thats the thing i wanted to do have the players actually play there games but how ima do that?

as 4 now the way its gonna be is that the only thing u really have control is on the mini java games to make your person better and basically just chose the path 4 your self

8. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

I'm in sounds really cool

Ill give you info if you want.

9. Gee_Dupe11

ok koo but first i gotta see how this whole leagueand stuff is gonna go down but ima post the application stuff soon and then tell how this whole thing is down later on

Edit:i need an idea of how the players will get better

Edit2:
    how about this one:on the Forums i will post a Pratice mission do to outta no where and people will have to do it in 2 hour or it dont count........i bet u dont get it let me example

Example:lets say in the Pratice Forum outta no where il just put Practice Mission:go to Games.com and play like 3pt Shootout or something and i will increase your 3pt Shot,Off. Awareness ,Mid Shot,etc. and you have 2 hours to do that or i will not count and u have do show a pick of your score.

is that a good idea?

10. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

That is pretty simple if you ask me because anyone thats good at comp games will tear this league up.

11. Gee_Dupe11

your right but thats the only idea i got in mind unless you got a better one

Edit: but if u think about it if i do something esle that some one is good it they tear the league up too

i was thinking more like if u do a mini game that has to do with Speed and Durability they will Gain all Speed things but lose Strength Attrabutes and lose Weight or something like that

12. Gee_Dupe11

this is now its going to go down

About The Game:

its a game(league) where you a basketball player(Along with people online) you can make yourself a Point Guard,Shooting Guard,Small Forward,Power Forward,or Center you can also make your own name and height and weight and appearance, etc. you can't use NBA or NCAA people Names and It has to be a real name (ex. Joe Jackson not The Answer nor Allen Iverson)you can have nicknames thats if you want 2(ex. Kevin "Butter" Williamson).in the game theres the Pro League(like NBA)(dont have a name 4 the league yet) league and theres Pre-League (like NCAA) and theres Free Agent (Thats where you start out if u dont go to Pre-League).u know there be Pro League drafts and stuff like that.Its like we are in a real NBA life things.The League Games/Summer League will be Simulated through College Hoops 2k6 for the Xbox 360 Game Console (Top Canidate).Since this is the first Year It will Start with a Summer League so the Coaches can Better know the Players.

How to get Better:

The Way Players Attrabutes will get better is By Playing Practice Mini Games. Which will be Java Mini Games. Games Like 3pt Point Shootout,Frogger,Tetris,it can be any games. I will any type of game and post it on the Message Board at a Random time in a Random day so i can be anytime and you will have to play it for 2 hours from the post to boost your Attrabute Rating. If you dont finish the workout or dont go it you wont get your attrabute points. If you dont workout 4 10 days your attrabute will auto drop. But you have to chose your Workout wisely because if Play like Strong Man 5000 and get a good score or finish playing it you will get your Strength and Low Post Def. Up but your Speed and Durability will drop.

Player Rules

Creating your Player Appilcation

1.you can only be one(1) person in the league

2.U Can't use your nickname was a real like (like The Dunk Master) its gotta be a real name (like Ray Smith) but u can have nickanmes like this (Steven "The Dunk Master" Smith) thats if u want to

3. you can't use a nba name (Like Micheal Jordan,Kobe Bryant,Tracy McGrady,Shaq O'neal)

4.the height limit is 4'10-7'4 and the weight limit is 120-330

5.when you apply a position your coach can change it

Team Owners

Dont want to be a Player, you can be a Team owner. a Team Owner is a Coach,GM,Scout,etc. The Owners can do that thing a Team Owner would do in real life. Open up a Summer League,Scout Players, Do Team Camp,Draft,Trades,etc.

Team Owners Rules

1.you need to have AOL instant Messenger

2.you need to have a team website

3.you can have a maxium of 2 captains on your team

4.you need to hava 8-12 players active players on your roster

5. you can only change a players POSITION

Trading
    1.you can only do a 1-4 Team Trade

2.When you Get back a player from a trade that player has to automatily have to wait a total of two(2) days before playing

3.When u get back a player from a trade u have to wait 2 days before trading him again

Injured Reserve(IR)

when you place a person on IR they automatic can't get out of IR for 5 days

Coaches Off Season

Theres needs to be 2 Team Owner per Summer League

when you start a Summer League u can only have 7-12 teams of minium of 6 players to maxium 9 players on each team

other players from other teams and free agents and draft propects can enter your team's summer league

the player must sign up first to be in the summer league

more rules will be added.

<font color=""cyan""><font color=""Orange"">is it a Good idea....Should i go on a actually do this thing</font></font>

13. ShortyC20

ShortyC20 BBW Member

i liek the sound of it...but i dont think to many ppoeple have nba live for computer..

14. Gee_Dupe11

oh naw im basically going to have all the database and all the Games done through College Hoops 2k6 for Xbox 360

now just need a couple of people to help me out with this idea and i should be good to go

15. BigBalleR8

BigBalleR8 JBB JustBBall Member

i got nba live 06 on computer

16. Gee_Dupe11

yea but i kno u dont want to run this whole thing...do you

17. BigBalleR8

BigBalleR8 JBB JustBBall Member

18. Gee_Dupe11

ok then i still need a couple of people to help me out with this thing and get a couple thumbs up to go on and get this thing rolling

19. jbbKing23James

jbbKing23James JBB JustBBall Member

what you could do is if you have a tournament however depending on what you do more your stats will go up

20. Gee_Dupe11

what do u mean (give example)