New State Farm ad

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Dougnsalem, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

Quote from article......

First, things got a little chippy last preseason. Next came the 'clerical error' game in January. Then, finally, there was last season's playoffs.

With the absence of a natural geographical rival, the LA Clippers have become the Portland Trail Blazers West Coast rivals of late. With two of the top point guards in the NBA in the Blazers' Damian Lillard and the Clippers' Chris Paul with supporting casts of playmakers on each team, recent meetings between the two sides have added a little something extra to the matchup both on the court and among fans.

The rivalry has played into the lates State Farm Insurance ad "Trees." The Clippers' Paul and center DeAndre Jordan can be seen watching game film of Portland guards Lillard and CJ McCollum from last season's playoffs, of which the Blazers defeated LA in six games during the opening round.

As the Clipper teammates break-down film, Paul notes, "These two could be a problem. They can hit from anywhere!." To which Jordan responds, "They're going down!."

"We've got a a plan for them," Paul quips back. The ad then cuts to Paul and Jordan, along with a State Farm agent, repeating the script verbatim as two trees fall over to smash a luxury SUV.

The commercial is part of a series of ads for the insurance provider in which Lillard was present for the shooting of. While friends outside of basketball, Lillard doesn't spare any feelings for Paul, Jordan or any other opponent on the court.

"I was there when they [filmed the commercial]," Lillard laughed.

"I was spending days around those dudes. I’m cool with DeAndre; I’m cool with CP. Off the court, it’s all good. When we get on the court, my only friends are in the same uniform as me."

The two-time All-Star elaborated: "Each team is different, but my attitude doesn’t change. I feel like when I get on the court, I kinda dislike everybody. Not personally, but when I get on the court, it’s me or you… Somebody’s gotta lose. That’s just how your attitude’s gotta be."

Check out the clip below, and by the way, the Blazers welcome the Clippers Thursday night in a nationally televised affair on TNT.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/blazers-clippers-rivalry-plays-new-state-farm-commercial/

2. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

3. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

4. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

New sig material!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  5. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening