New York @ Philadelphia

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div align="center">[​IMG]
    *made by Knicks Analyst

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Knicks 20-31 / 76ers 25-26</div>
    <font size="3">
    Date: 2/14/05
    Time 7:00 (Eastern Time)

TV: MSG, NBALP</font>

<font size="4">Season Stats</font>

Previous Games:
    Knicks: 102-99W vs Charlotte
    76ers: 112-99W vs Orlando

Knicks
    Record: 20-31 (.392)
    Standings: Fifth, Atlantic
    At Home: 13-12
    On Road: 7-19

PPG: 95.9 Opp PPG: 99.5
    FG%: .446 Opp FG%: .468
    RPG: 40.7 Opp RPG: 42.2

76ers:
    Record: 25 - 26 (.490)
    Standings: Second, Atlantic
    At Home: 14-9
    On Road: 11-17

PPG: 101.0 Opp PPG: 99.9
    FG%: .464 Opp FG%: .446
    RPG: 40.4 Opp RPG: 42.6

*BOLD leader in particular stat.
    <font size="4">
    <font color="DarkOrange">Knicks Starters</font></font>
    PG: Stephon Marbury
    39.9pg 21.3ppg 3.0rpg 8.2apg
    [​IMG]

SG: Trevor Ariza
    18.4mpg 6.2ppg 3.0rpg 1.4apg
    [​IMG]

SF: Tim Thomas
    26.4mpg 10.3ppg 3.4rpg 1.3apg
    [​IMG]

PF: Kurt Thomas
    36.8mpg 11.5ppg 10.1rpg 2.0apg
    [​IMG]

C: Nazr Mohammed
    28.6mpg 11.4ppg 8.4rpg 0.5apg
    [​IMG]

<font size="3">Knicks Bench:</font>
    Jerome Williams
    16.2mpg 4.6ppg 3.6rpg 0.6apg
    [​IMG]

Jamal Crawford
    36.4mpg 18.3ppg 2.7rpg 3.6apg
    [​IMG]

Penny Hardaway
    24.9mpg 8.0ppg 2.5rpg 2.0apg
    [​IMG]

Mike Sweetney
    17.6mpg 7.9ppg 4.7rpg 0.6apg
    [​IMG]

Jamison Brewer
    10.3mpg 1.7ppg 1.2rpg 0.7apg
    [​IMG]

Vin Baker
    8.0mpg 1.3ppg 1.5rpg 0.3apg
    [​IMG]

Bruno Sundov
    4.7mpg 1.6ppg 0.9rpg 0.1apg

[​IMG]

Complete Knicks Stats

<font size="4">
    <font color="Red">76ers Starters</font></font>
    PG: Allen Iverson
    42.0mpg 29.7ppg 4.1rpg 7.6apg
    [​IMG]

SG: Kyle Korver
    31.8mpg 11.7ppg 4.3apg 2.1rpg
    [​IMG]

SF: Andre Iguodala
    32.2mpg 8.7ppg 5.9rpg 2.9apg
    [​IMG]

PF: Corliss Williamson
    21.9mpg 10.5ppg 3.7rpg 0.9apg
    [​IMG]

C: Samuel Dalembert
    23.5mpg 7.0ppg 6.9rpg 0.5apg
    [​IMG]

<font size="3">76ers Bench</font>
    Marc Jackson
    25.0mpg 11.9ppg 5.6rpg 0.8apg
    [​IMG]

Kenny Thomas
    28.6mpg 11.3ppg 6.5rpg 1.7apg
    [​IMG]

Willie Green
    20.7mpg 8.3ppg 2.7rpg 1.9apg
    [​IMG]

John Salmons
    20.0mpg 5.1ppg 2.3pg 2.3apg
    [​IMG]

Aaron McKie
    13.4mpg 1.6ppg 2.1pg 1.4apg
    [​IMG]

Josh Davis
    7.5mpg 2.6ppg 1.6pg 0.5apg
    [​IMG]

Kedrick Brown
    6.9mpg 1.5ppg 1.4pg 0.8apg
    [​IMG]

Kevin Ollie
    7.4mpg 1.4ppg 1.0pg 0.8apg
    [​IMG]
    Complete 76ers Stats

<font size="4">
    <font color="Red">Injuries:</font></font>
    <font color="DarkOrange">NYK:</font>
    [​IMG]
    Allan Houston

<font color="RED">PHI:</font>
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Glenn Robinson and Brian Skinner

<font size="4">
    <font color="Green">Matchups:</font></font>
    <font size="2">Point Guard</font>
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    PG: We have Stephon Marbury against Iverson in this matchup. Iverson just came off an AMAZING 60 point performance against the Magic on Saturday. So far this season, Iverson has been simply amazing and really should be the MVP but due to the Sixers struggles, he probably wont get it. He is developing into more of a leader that Philadelphia wants. This is probably his best season. So many people were talking about him never being the same with his injuries last season but yet again, Iverson proved them wrong. Now Marbury needs to try and contain Iverson. He can?t stop him however, making things harder for him and forcing bad shots will help us win. Marbury defense has been eratic in the season so far but it has to be good tonight. Marbury is a capable scorer but what good will it do if he scores 25 and Iverson matches it or even gets more? If Marbury gave Iverson some turnovers, a bad FG%, we will be good.

<font size="2">Shooting Guard</font>
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    Kyle Korver and Ariza is a good matchup too. Nets traded him to the Sixers for cash only! I don?t know what?s the bigger steal Ariza as the 43rd pick or him. Actually I think Ariza is. Anyway, the defense has to be extra tight when playing Korver. So many teams focus on Iverson and Korver makes them pay from with the jumpshot and especially from the land of plenty. Korver sometimes has trouble creating his own shot and if Ariza puts the pressure on him and exploits that height mismatch to the fullest I see some serious trouble for Korver. Ariza?s is quick and is very athletic as well which should be used in this game. If Ariza can take out Iverson?s right hand man it will collapse the perimeter and we can focus more on locking up the paint.

<font size="2">Small Forward</font>
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    SF: At the 3 we have Andre Iguodala against who Tim Thomas just hit the game winner last game against the Bobcats yesterday. Look for him to exude a great deal of confidence against the Sixers. Hopefully this will turn his season around so he can play decent basketball for this club from now on. What I don?t want him thinking he can take any shot he wants because of that game winner. Iguodala has been a great factor for the Sixers and is looking like a real steal. He can rebound well, pass well, and has tons of athleticism. Tim Thomas must make things tough for a good all around player. Why do I get this nagging feeling Thomas is not going to play defense tonight? I have no idea why. If Tim Thomas makes him shoot and forces turnovers on him, along with some good scoring, he can take him out the game. He has all the tools in the world to become an all NBA teamer, and hopefully these are one of the times that he shows us flashes on what he could be. He can take it down in the post against Andre as well because of the height difference and the strength. It?s all about playing smart and playing with effort tonight for Tim. Let?s see if he can do it.

<font size="2">Power Forward</font>
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    PF: Corliss Williamson against our very own, Kurt Thomas. Kurt Thomas has been very good for us this year and I think is a good candidate in containing Williamson tonight. He is an undersized power forward is very strong, and still is able to score in the paint. Kurt Thomas? low post defense I think can match his low post moves. The only thing I am worried about is Williamson thriving because Kurt Thomas has to clean up behind the weak perimeter defense. We have seen this multiple times on unsuccessful defensive rotations. The perimeters defensive lapses cause the frontcourt trouble. Kurt?s night is partly dependant on everyone in the backcourt. What is a plus for him is Williamson?s defense is nothing to write home about. Marbury and Thomas always have this pick and roll they always keep on the down low. Someone like Corliss Williamson with lackluster defense can get outdone by Kurt Thomas. This will spread the defense and open up the middle for Marbury. Kurt Thomas is a key player in this game.

<font size="2">Center</font>
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    C: This is definitely a great matchup. The history of these two as of late has really been fun to watch. These two have put up great numbers against each other. Dalembert as we all know is a shot blocker. With him plugging up the paint, the Knicks perimeter game has to be good tonight. This wont stop Marbury from penetrating, or Tim Thomas for that matter! Dalembert does not really have a polished offensive game so good defense along with that equals turnovers, low fg% which also equals an increased percentage of winning this game. This will be a good matchup between two good centers. I look forward to seeing this game first of all because it?s a Knicks game, second of all to see if Mohammed continues this thing against the Sixers even while hurt! It should be interesting guys!

<font size="3"><font color="DarkOrange">Knicks Bench Summary</font></font>
    Well it?s a good thing we got back most of our bench. Allan Houston is still on the injured list with his knee. He vowed this season that he will return and be 100% like he used to. Anyway, we have a great spark off the bench in Jamal Crawford. Yesterday he had a good game in 33 minutes, 23 points and was the one who provided the 2nd quarter run. We also have Moochie Norris off the bench. He gives us good leadership and some decent shooting when people don?t take him seriously. Jerome Williams will have to be big for us again. Last time we remember that he was the catalyst in getting us back into the game after a 19 point deficit. The Knicks bench will have to be equally as good today as long as they play with the same heart that they played with last time. To quote odde23, ?It?s all about heart.? We have an opportunity to spark some momentum before the all-star break and only the heart will get us through.

<font size="3"><font color="Red">76ers Bench Summary:</font></font>
    The 76ers have a decent bench. I don?t think as high powered as ours but, they have Willie Green, Marc Jackson, and Kenny Thomas. These role players no their jobs and help out the starters. The Knicks bench need to out do the Sixers bench. Other than Iverson, their bench is why they?re doing so well. If the Knicks can make this mostly a game of starters and their bench players do their part, I see us winning by a comfortable margin?yes even if we do play like bums in the end.

<font size="4"><font color="Green">Key Matchup:</font></font>
    Crossing Over With Marbury and Iverson
    ?Starbury?[​IMG] vs.[​IMG]?The Answer?
    I think we all know this is the key matchup. Two off guards playing the 1. These two are trying to take the Atlantic division the only thing is while Iverson?s team is rolling, Marbury?s was just recently punished by the basketball gods for what he said about him being the best point guard in the league. Stephon Marbury needs to focus on the team and needs to be the catalyst as one of the leaders and captains on this team. As much as I love JYD, he really can?t do that every single game. That one time we were really fortunate that his heart powered up the whole team. We never saw Iverson lack confidence so you can imagine how much confidence Iverson will come out with tonight!! These are two prolific scorers, two great passers, two little men trying to lead two teams into the post season party. One?s heart will be bigger the other one will be crushed as they lose. Which one will it be? We?ll find out at 7!

<font size="4">My Prediction:</font>
    This game is too important. The all-star break is coming up and even more importantly, against a division rival and to move up in the standings. The Sixers are the #8th seed in the eastern conference and we are only 4.5 games behind them. These are the type of games that can make or break our season. With that Bobcat victory I think we will come out with the wrong type of attitude. Or maybe we will just play our hearts out and get a victory. Remember last time when we played Philadelphia and went down by 19 points? That is very possible it happened once and it can happen again. The only thing is Allan Houston isn?t here to bail us out. We need to win this game but I just see us losing it. I don?t know it?s just a feeling. Hopefully if we come in with the right type of attitude and realize the importance of this game, we can win with a 105-97 fashion but, we might just lose it 105-93. I?m taking the win though. I think we can very well lose this game but, I?m just hoping we play well.
    <font color="RED"><font size="4">THIS GAME IS A HALF HOUR EARLIER AT 7:00!!! </font></font>

2. lil nba

lil nba JBB JustBBall Member

Cmon mrj18 this game is definetly ours there is noway we are going to let these sorry knicks beat us. AI is coming off a career high in points sooooooooooo cmon thes game is completely ours 100-85 Allen Iverson 35pts 10ass. 7rebs

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Wow, okay I guess we will have to wait and see. Btw, I remember you. You were the very 1st PM I got. It was the 3rd game of the season and you said the Knicks will NOT win against the Sixers! Well we know how many times these sorry Knicks beat the Sixers this season including from a 19 point defecit in which a hurt Houston hit a 3 in the eye of one of your beloved Sixers to tie it. This very game cause some of your fellow Sixer fans to hate them temporarily. I can dig up the thread if you like.

Now I'm don't know who will win so I'm not pointing any finger but, if you were <font size="2">really</font> confiednt on your Sixers than Maybe a sig bet will do some good. If you win I'll wear an anti-Knicks sig for a week however, if I win you will have to wear an anti-Sixers sig for a week. Also if the Sixers win by 15+ points then I'll wear the sig for an extra week however, if I win then you have to wear one for an extra week. It's all up to you!

4. KnicksUK

KnicksUK JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, we'll lose.

Why is TT starting?! A game winning 3 isn't gonna fool people into thinking he's a good player! Will be a closer match than some others we've had this season but I don't think we have what it takes to win. Hope I'm proved wrong though!

5. Penny

Penny JBB JustBBall Member

Well remember it was the New York Knicks who made Allen Iverson have the worst game of his career last season, but somehow I doubt we'll have the same result this time round.
    Nevertheless the New York Knicks are beginning to show more effort, but they still can't defend and ultimately I think that will cost them another loss.
    I'm expecting Kurt Thomas | Penny Hardaway to have solid games, but I still don't think the New York Knicks will beat out the Philadelphia 76ers.

Philadelphia 76ers 96
    New York Knicks 88

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

These calls are ridiculous!!! How do they expect us to adjust to the game when they keep on making those retarded calls? I am fed up Kurt, Marbury, JYD, and the rest of them have been killed because of fouls. Let's get the officiating straight!

7. Penny

Penny JBB JustBBall Member

Man Allen Iverson has hit for 31pts .................... could he go for 50pts? I think so.

But yeah all I read on 'Game Stats Live' is foul on Stephon Marbury | Jerome Williams etc .............. no wonder Allen Iverson is killing it.

8. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

This officiating is horrible, the coaching is terrible, so is the defense. Iverson is smokin' us. This is a typical Knicks game. Too bad, I was looking forward to maybe a 2 game winning streak. [​IMG]

9. jbbHardaway

jbbHardaway JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson 33 pts now,....
    hardaway have 4 pts in 4 quart now

Please, no need for updates like this. Also please do not double post. <font color="Blue">-Knicks Analyst</font>

10. jbbHardaway

hardaway have 4 pts in 4 quart now

11. jbbHardaway

lt's a exciting game on 4 quart!

12. Knicks Analyst

Knicks are coming back thanks to a big 3 from Penny.
    Good game, but that recent call on Marbury was awful. Let me tell you that this is the most biased officiating I've seen all year. Pitiful.
    Nice rebounding from Sweets though. [​IMG]

13. jbbHardaway

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">Knicks are coming back thanks to a big 3 from Penny.
    Good game, but that recent call on Marbury was awful. Let me tell you that this is the most biased officiating I've seen all year. Pitiful.
    Nice rebounding from Sweets though. [​IMG]</div>

and Iverson is off fire~

14. kdub

kdub Cal's best coming to the Swamp!

damn i really thought the knicks had that one in the bag.

15. Knicks Analyst

Wow. What an ending. Mohhamed had .4 seconds in his hands and he immediately tossed it, he has to be more careful. And I've seen that bad late-game defense from Kurt before, when he comes off his man and loses interest and focuses on perimeter threats and it costs us. Here it really cost us.

16. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

We should have won but, Mohammed at the end [​IMG]

Good way to come back though. At least we tried. <font size="4"><u>WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT FOUL ON MARBURY AT THE END! THE OFFICIAL WAS RIGHT THERE!!!!</u></font>

17. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">We should have won but, Mohammed at the end [​IMG]

Good way to come back though. At least we tried. <font size="4"><u>WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT FOUL ON MARBURY AT THE END! THE OFFICIAL WAS RIGHT THERE!!!!</u></font></div>
    Yeah, the reach-in foul from Iverson. I was screaming like a madman. *sigh*

18. jbbHardaway

Sweetney and Penny had play well in the 4 quart...but can't help the knicks win...
    Is Mohammed had a alley-opp layup?

19. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

<strike>MY GOD!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT????</strike> I get home and start watching the final minutes of the fourth quarter and I'm pleasantly surprised to see the Knicks doing well. Then JYD misses a critical free throw and that bad defensive play by Kurt Thomas. As soon as he saw the double team he should have covered Sweetney's man. Let's not forget Marbury's lousy play. Instead of taking it to the basket he took that jumpshot which of course missed. Then Nazr Mohammed misses that little shot. He should have hit it. I dont care what the hell he pulled. For someone making that much money he should have hit it. Those are the kind of plays he was brought in to make. I am very angry with him. I could have hit that shot...without jumping...for a fraction of the price. I cant believe we lost like that. The next play we draw up like that should be for Sweetney and/or Ariza at least they know how to finish.
    Watch the caps. - <font color="Blue">Knicks Analyst</font>

20. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Marbury Sweetney and Hardaway were huge for us. Hardaway had those jumpshots and a pass here and there. JYD helped us but that choke at the end was crucial. Had he made it we would have been in OT right now. It's interesting to see how we play when we have Crawford on the bench. I guess all of the idiots who were knocking on Sweetney can't say much. Anyway, I wish it hadn't gone in this fashion but it did. A heart breaker and a tough loss for us. I'm very dissapointed.