NFC East

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Cowboy71, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

I think I am being fair when I say that Dallas had the best draft in the division, but they also had the most holes. You can check out the Dallas forum to get my detailed analysis of the Cowboys draft.

Drafting in the spot that they did, Philly had little chance to really flash some pics. I was actually un-impressed with what they did in the first, and only average in the 2nd. However, I really like what they did in the middle rounds. Picking up Moats (3), Considine (4), and Cole (5) were all very good picks in my opinion. With so many picks, I thought they would trade a few for next year's picks. They did some trading, but not enough. I'm sorry, but there are few late round rookies that are going to make this good roster this year.

Washington had fewer picks, but they did have two first round picks. Rogers was an OK pick, but a little of a stretch. Trading down was difficult though. He'll be a good addition, though. I thought Campbell was too much of a stretch, particularly with Ramsey, who I'm not ready to write off. Its obvious he wasn't a BPA pick, so I'm not sure what they are thinking.

The Giants had only four picks, but they did decent with what they had. Webster and Tuck, their first two picks in rounds 2 and 3 were both good pickups. I thought for sure Tuck would go in 2, so he should be a steal for them.

My rankings:
    1. Dallas
    2. Eagles / Giants
    4. Washington

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I agree, except giants clearly better draft than Eagles.

3. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, except giants clearly better draft than Eagles.</div>

How do you figure that???

4. Cowboy71

The Eagles did OK for what they needed to do, just like the Pats. I'm not really sure that there was a whole lot that they should have done differently. If you are grading high for improving the team, the Eagles did not score high in my book. If you are maintaining, they did a pretty decent job.

5. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Honestly, outside of trading in the top ten, there were not many players that would greatly improve the team. Their Philosophy is, drafting is for the future.

I liked what Cowpokes did, their Dline was weak last year, and the two Dlineman they got in the first round will greatly help that.

I think in the East, Dallas is the team that improved the most. If Bledsoe plays well, they will prolly be a playoff team.

The Redskins are just plain retarted. They just drafted Ramsey like 3 years ago, why waste another 1st rounder in a QB. That team has NO clue whats going on, I think Lavar was right.

6. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eagles4Life)</div><div class='quotemain'>Honestly, outside of trading in the top ten, there were not many players that would greatly improve the team. Their Philosophy is, drafting is for the future.

I liked what Cowpokes did, their Dline was weak last year, and the two Dlineman they got in the first round will greatly help that.

I think in the East, Dallas is the team that improved the most. If Bledsoe plays well, they will prolly be a playoff team.

The Redskins are just plain retarted. They just drafted Ramsey like 3 years ago, why waste another 1st rounder in a QB. That team has NO clue whats going on, I think Lavar was right.</div>

Agreed. Its nice to have a replacement for the Cardinals as the doormat of the division, don't you think?

7. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

I'm not overly impressed with the Eagle's drafting, but I think it was what they needed to do. Patterson is an alright pick, you can never have enough guys on the defensive line the way I see it. I think Reggie Brown may pan out pretty good, and hopefully spell the end of Freddie's stay with the Eagles. Statistically, McCoy looks good. He's very fast for an OLB, and last year he ended with 23 sacks. That's what really impressed me. Moats wasn't bad either, but I still think they should just bring up McCoo like I've been saying all year. The rest of the picks were alright, but nothing really excited me. Dallas did a bang-up job, and I think the Giants did decent. Redskins are just continuing their recent trend though

8. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrianWestbrook)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not overly impressed with the Eagle's drafting, but I think it was what they needed to do. Patterson is an alright pick, you can never have enough guys on the defensive line the way I see it. I think Reggie Brown may pan out pretty good, and hopefully spell the end of Freddie's stay with the Eagles. Statistically, McCoy looks good. He's very fast for an OLB, and last year he ended with 23 sacks. That's what really impressed me. Moats wasn't bad either, but I still think they should just bring up McCoo like I've been saying all year. The rest of the picks were alright, but nothing really excited me. Dallas did a bang-up job, and I think the Giants did decent. Redskins are just continuing their recent trend though</div>

I totally agree with you my order goes

Dallas
    NYG/PHI
    Redskins( can they do anything correct, god at 9 they couldve had a good WR and took what I predict to be the biggest bust of the draft)