NFL Draft Rumors

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheBeef, Mar 20, 2008.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

The Kansas City Chiefs sent a large contingent to Boston College to watch QB Matt Ryan's personal workout. The Chiefs were blown away by Ryan and now want to jump ahead of the Falcons to draft him. The eventual trade will be:

Miami sends:

2008 1st Round Draft Pick (#1)

to Kansas City for:

2008 1st Round Draft Pick (#5)
    2008 2nd Round Draft Pick (#34)
    2008 5th Round Draft Pick (#128) originally Miami's pick

2009 2nd Round Draft Pick
    2009 4th Round Draft Pick

Im usally pretty skeptical of these, but this one makes some sense and the package is less than the Falcons paid to exchange #1 and #5 for Vick and less than the Giants gave up Manning several years ago.

2. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like the Cowboys CB board is
    #1 DRC
    #2 Mckelvin
    #3 Kenny Phillips
    #4 Mike Jenkins
    #5 Aqib Talib
    #6 Tyrell Johnson
    #7 Tracy Porter

It's real, but is it legit, or a smokescreen? Hmm....

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

If its legit, it's very interesting....with the right technology for zoming, you could get their order for the DL from the same board and who knows whats on the other board....it could be useful for a team that is behind them as their pick approaches, if that team wants a specific DB and has to jump ahead of Dallas....

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

If Miami could get all of those picks for their #1 overall, it would be highway robbery... Is that your speculation or did you read that proposal somewhere?

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Some random Raiders rumors that I've heard that are floating around:

I've heard reports that Al Davis would take Chris Long no matter what if hes there. That being said, there's also reports he is infatuated with McFadden. Basicall these contradict one another and don't give any worthy info but I think its safe to say the pick will be either McFadden or Long if they are there, Gholston probably would be the third choice or maybe J. Long.

Lots of rumors about Fabian Washington being shopped once the Hall deal is official. Reportedly the Browns and Pats are the potential suitors.

The Raiders have 4 DTs under contract so its very unlikely they take a DT (Kelly, Warren, Sands, Joseph). They have 3 legit RBs (Fargas, Bush, Rhodes), LaMont Jordan is still on the team but will be cut eventually. The Raiders only have 2 DEs (Burgess, Richardson), they were trying to sign Kevin Carter but he is back with the Bucs now. They still haven't given Burgess a long term contract so these may indicate DE as the likely pick with the #4 pick.

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack @ Mar 20 2008, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If Miami could get all of those picks for their #1 overall, it would be highway robbery... Is that your speculation or did you read that proposal somewhere?</div>

I read in a sports writers blog that the Cheifs and Falcons both really love Matt Ryan and the dolphins best chance to get a package for that pick would be to play those teams against each other....I structured the deal based on the draft chart and the two QB trades involving similar slots in the past 10 years....its actually short on chart value and its less than than both the other trades.....if you find someone that is truely convicted on Ryan as a franchise QB, that package is right about where I would expect the deal to be....

7. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

If the Dolphins can get that much for the pick, I say more power to them. As a GM, though, that looks like the equivalent of Ditka's trade to get Ricky Williams.

I could never pull the trigger on a deal like that...

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

As long as the evil empire doesn't get C Long then I say trade away. Initially, I was concerned about the jest getting McFadden. DMac IMO has bust written all over him.

I do like the trade listed. Kinda funny if the phins get the pick for Trent Green back.

If the trade w/ the Chiefs goes down as listed; who does Miami take @ #5?

As far as the photo of Cowboys picks, Can you say Red Herring?

9. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

If that trade happened and the Dolphins were on the clock at #5 and DMcFadden is on the board, Im on the phone with Dallas....if they get stuck there, and either Long is left, pick him, if not, V. Gholston would make a nice OLB in a 3-4....5th isnt a bad place to be in this draft

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Here's an interesting one: The Cowboys and Titans are closing in on a deal to send Pacman Jones to Dallas....How is that a draft rumor? Its speculated that if the Cowboys can fill their biggest need with Pacman, they are more likely to be willing to package their 1st rounders and move for McFadden....

11. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Mar 20 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If that trade happened and the Dolphins were on the clock at #5 and DMcFadden is on the board, Im on the phone with Dallas....if they get stuck there, and either Long is left, pick him, if not, V. Gholston would make a nice OLB in a 3-4....5th isnt a bad place to be in this draft</div>

I had forgotten about Gholston. Its not a bad pick probably the 2nd best DE/OLB hybrid coming out.... after C Long of course.

Just think about how Berman & co could on about the Columbus to South Beach pipeline.

12. Thoth

If the Titans & Cowboys do the trade for Pacman then Dallas gets DMac as well. That'd be okay.

If the phins ended up w/ Talib & Fred Davis as a result then I'd be very pleased.

13. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Theres a rumor going around that the Jets and Raiders are working on a trade in which the Jets will move from #4 to #6. The reported deal is the #4 pick for the #6 and DE Kenyon Coleman. I really doubt the Raiders would do this though unless the picks threw in AT LEAST their third round pick, if not their second. Speculation is that Fabian Washington could be included if the Jets 2nd/3rd is included but this wasn't in the initial report.

14. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Jerry Jones is rumored to be after Anquon (sp?) Boldin, and Roy Williams (WR)

15. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Matt Ryan continued to build a case as the number 1 overall pick today when his wonderlic test scores were released.....Ryan scored a 32.....a score of 20 is considered average intelligence....

a wonderlic test score wont get you drafted, but for a qb, a high score is a major indicator of the ability to learn and grasp an NFL offense....

16. Thoth

I wonder will they raise a big stink about Ryan's wonderlic like they did Vince Young's? lol?

17. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Matt Ryan - Miami Dolphin.

That changes things a bit. That means Chris Long could actually fall to Oakland.

18. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Mar 21 2008, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jerry Jones is rumored to be after Anquon (sp?) Boldin, and Roy Williams (WR)</div>
    Anquan is right there for the taking. Apparently he was waiting for the the team to deal with Larry Fitzgerald before approaching them with his contract issues. Fitzgerald's extension has set a huge precedent that the Cards couldn't afford to grant to Boldin, despite the fact that he's right there at Fitz' level. Really, the Cardinals are just suffering for thinking they could screw over Fitzgerald with his rookie contract by giving him an incentive-laden contract. He ended up actually earning most of those bonuses and the team's been left to pay a contract that totally messes with their financial situation.

I still say the Eagles make the biggest play for him. They have the assets and a pressing need for a number one receiver.

19. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

btw, just to put things in perspective regarding the Wonderlic (I got this from another forum)...

Donovan McNabb 14
    Terry Bradshaw 15
    Dan Marino 15
    Brett Favre 22
    Ryan Leaf 27
    Peyton Manning 28
    Quincy Carter 30
    David Klingler 30
    Joey Harrington 32
    Tony Romo 37
    Eli Manning 39

It really is an overrated part of the draft process. I still don't understand why it gets so much hype.

20. Thoth

You know when Quincy Carter, Harrington, & Klingler score better than Manning, Favre, & Marino then the system is "flawed".

At least, this is quantifiable. It still boggles the mind how Mel Kiper arrives at his prognostications... I guess names out of hat. lol.