NFL flexes, to move Bears/Giants(11/12) to Sunday night

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by bakes781, Oct 24, 2006.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Associated Press:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>NEW YORK -- The Chicago Bears' game against the New York Giants at the Meadowlands on Nov. 12 was switched Tuesday by the NFL from an afternoon to a night game, the first under the flexible scheduling format implemented in the new television contract.

The 8:30 p.m. ET game will be televised by NBC instead of Fox. Under the format, the Sunday night time slot had been left vacant, with CBS and Fox each allowed to protect five afternoon games over seven weeks of the season. Each has chosen four and will pick one more.

Chicago (6-0) is one of two unbeaten teams in the NFL and will be favored to be 8-0 when it goes to Giants Stadium. The Bears' next two games are at home against San Francisco (2-4) and Miami (1-6).

The Giants (4-2) have won three straight, including Monday night's 36-22 win in Dallas, and lead the NFC East. Their next two games are at home against Tampa Bay and Houston, both 2-4.

As part of the schedule shuffle, New Orleans' game at Pittsburgh will be moved from a 1 p.m. ET start to 4:15 on Fox.</div>

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Gee...why isn't the Packers/Cardinals game being moved to Prime Time? [​IMG]

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

well that really helped me out since i wouldnt be able to watch it at 1!!!!

4. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gee...why isn't the Packers/Cardinals game being moved to Prime Time? [​IMG]</div>
    The public can only take so much of the Favre Love Fest that takes place everytime the Packers are playing PT. [​IMG]

5. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

The Giants are going to put boot to ass.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

They are moving the defending champs out of prime time? Where is MoS when you need him? I would love to hear his spin I mean thoughts...

Even funnier is that the Dolphins still have a nationally televised game.

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I am not thrilled about this. I guess i have to live with it. I prefer day games