niners week 12 recap

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by drexlersdad, Dec 1, 2009.

1. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

[​IMG]
    bittersweet, but a win nonetheless.

NINERS WEEK 12 RECAP

niners win! niners win!

i swear i cannot get a read on this team. the oddsmakers must absolutely hate this team. bookies want to put a hit on coach singletary. we loose one week and look like the worst team in the league, and then put in a dominating performance, and completely skunk a probable playoff team. wtf.

this win had everything to do with the defense stepping up and completely shutting down the jags. after the first half, leading 17-3, it forced the jags back into the air, where they had no business being apparently. 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles later, the niners had the win wrapped up.

the large lead in the first half was from opening up the playbook. alex smith passed it 29 times in the first half, and most of those from the shotgun. the second half went back to dink and dunk passing and 2 yard rushing gains, but it was enough to get the win.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Where has this defensive intensity been all season? We actually had a pass rush last week and did the best you can in slowing down MJD.

Alex Smith is getting more and more comfortable airing the ball out and I loved that sideline tippy toe catch Gore made.

Great weekend overall with the Cardinals & Panthers losing too.

49ers can really make this interesting if they beat Seattle this week and the Cardinals drop to the Vikings. It would set up a 49ers vs. Cardinals Week 14 showdown to decide 1st place in San Francisco.

3. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

yup that would be huge, and it seems a good chance of happening.