No Sweep, Cavs Take Game 3

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by briang8818, May 13, 2006.

1. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

Cavs win game 3 86-77 avoiding the possible sweep.

LeBron got another triple double, and really came alive in the 4th quarter.

Will the series go any further than 5 games? I'm not so sure, but hey, it's at least going 5!

2. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

The pistons got a little overconfident in this game, but unless lebron gets a triple-double every remaining game i don't see it going past 6. at least they did it for hughes.

3. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

I got so mad at the Pistons that i almost broke my TV... Detroit should quit doing stupid plays and making dumb fouls, that costed them game 3. They were clearly thinking that Cleveland would be an easy team to sweep. Anyways, great game by the Cavs.

4. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Hey BringG, your boy Anderson Varejao had a nice game too with 16 points in 22 minutes of action. [​IMG]

I didn't get to see the game, and was wondering if they said when Hughes might return to the team?

5. jbbChosen1

jbbChosen1 JBB JustBBall Member

Well its obvious the Cavs can win at home but the reason they might lose this series is because of the Pistons home court they only lost like twice at home this season i think.?

6. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Man, somehow I knew that they would take the first one that they had at home away from the Pistons. I doubt that we can take it any further though.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

LeBron hit the nail in the coffin with that 3pointer down the stretch. Varejao was the difference off the bench tonight. He was frustrating Sheed by out hustling on the glass to the point where Sheed smacked him in the face.

They won this game for Larry, let's see if the Cavs confidence and energy can carry over to Game 4.

8. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I think this is all she wrote for the Cavs this series. If they were going to win a game, this one was it.

Personally, I'd love to see them win the series, but I think it will be over in two games.

9. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Scoring wasn't so good but another tirple-double and a great 4th quarter.

Nice game, King.

10. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

no disrespect to larry hughes or anything, but im really starting to think the cavs dont need him to win. they did in for most of the regular season, and today, when they came and beat detriot

11. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

Varejao should start over Illgauskas....he brings a lot more energy to the table.......but Lebron hitting that fade away 3 over Prince was just disgusting.

12. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Brian:</div><div class="quote_post">no disrespect to larry hughes or anything, but im really starting to think the cavs dont need him to win. they did in for most of the regular season, and today, when they came and beat detriot</div>It's really just the fact that Flip is more accustomed to the team as of now. Flip did a LOT for this team during the regular season, and he deserves to start in these playoffs, even if it's at the expense of Larry.

13. thekinglbj23

thekinglbj23 JBB JustBBall Member

they took game four also i am so stoked theres definently no sweep.

14. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

I can't believe that people actually thought there would have been a sweep in the first place. This is the Cavs were talking about here. And then there's the heat that think they would rather play cleveland than detroit. Are people starting to loose thier minds?

15. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">I can't believe that people actually thought there would have been a sweep in the first place. This is the Cavs were talking about here. And then there's the heat that think they would rather play cleveland than detroit. Are people starting to loose thier minds?</div>

No, you are losing your mind. If I was a Heat fan, I would much rather face the Cavaliers than the Pistons. Cavs have no one to stop Shaq, while the Wallaces do as good of a job at stopping him as anyone. Detroit has proven that they can beat the Heat in a 7 game series as shown last year.(I know both teams have changed it up). The Pistons are balanced, you can't focus on stopping 1 or 2 players, because there are 2 others that will hurt you, while for the Cavs it's stop one player and you win. (I'm not saying it's easy to stop Lebron, because it certainly isn't). Also the Pistons play better overall team defense than the Cavs(not sure where it went the last 2 games though) do. A better question would be why would the Heat rather play the #1 seeded Pistons than the #3 seeded Cavs?

16. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

There's a big difference between how teams play during the season and how they play in the playoffs. The Cavs are showing how seed rankings have little importance when it comes to winning games.

17. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">There's a big difference between how teams play during the season and how they play in the playoffs. The Cavs are showing how seed rankings have little importance when it comes to winning games.</div>

There was only 1 "upset" in Round 1 and that was the Clippers beating the Nuggets, but the Clippers were a better regular season team. So far the seedings haven't mattered. Spurs and Pistons are too good of teams to count out until the series are over. I bet at least 1 of them still advance.