Noah: Playing in MSG as a Knick is 'more than special to me'

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by truebluefan, Nov 2, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Late in the second quarter Saturday night against the Grizzlies at the Garden, Joakim Noah drew an offensive foul while battling down low with Marc Gasol. The Knicks center screamed in excitement and pounded his chest with his right fist before walking slowly toward the crowd. He egged on the fans. He was reveling in his regular-season home debut.

Supporters around the arena rose to their feet and cheered Noah’s energetic display. Then they chanted his name.

For Noah, who was born and raised in Hell’s Kitchen, the Knicks’ 111-104 win over Memphis was a “dream” come true — three decades in the making.

“This building means so much to me. It was very emotional for me. I was very nervous. But it was the best,” said Noah, who finished with six points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in the victory. “It’s the best feeling in the world to be able to play in this building.”

Noah was instrumental in the Knicks building an early lead Saturday night. His relentless effort on defense raised his teammates’ level of play. And he also was the primary facilitator on offense, moving the ball from wing to wing while finding open men for easy buckets.

- See more at:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...m-noah-hometown-hero-garden-article-1.2850571