Now what happen with Hayes

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jul 29, 2018.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think the rangers want him on a long term 6 year contract at 6 per which is whats being reported as I think they like Zib, Anderson, Chytil and Howden as their centers going forward and are prepared to play them all (maybe howden after a little more ahl seasoning) and get them the experience along with the young coaching staff. Hayes doesn't want a bridge contract which is understandable for him. I think sometime before the season starts they deal him for a first round pick plus a prospect or addl picks

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I could see him going to Boston or somewhere out west like SJ or Winnipeg. I don't know if he gets traded until during the season and the team definately knows they're out of the playoffs. Maybe Jan/Feb.

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I agree with this, which is why I think it is puzzling that Hayes hasn't been dealt already. I will give Gorton the benefit of the doubt and assume the right deal hasn't been there for Hayes, so Gorton is holding for something better, but it is also risky playing it this way. What if Hayes gets injured this year or has a terrible season, then we have a UFA to be with diminished value on our hands.

Either way at this point it seems pretty clear Hayes will be gone after this upcoming season or sooner.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Dealing Hayes would be stupid. He flourished once dog Miller was dealt. His faceoffs get better every year. He's not a 50+% faceoff guy. I haven't seen jack shit from Chytil which tells me he's a first or second center. He's proven nothing. Zibanejad is never healthy.