Nuggets @ Warriors: PREVIEW!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<font size="4">By <font color="DarkOrange">Rudeezy</font> & <font color="Blue">Allnet</font></font>

Nuggets (10-6) @ Warriors (8-7)
    Wednesday, Dec. 3
    7:30 pm

Probable Starters
    [​IMG][​IMG]Nick Van Exel/Andre Miller
    [​IMG][​IMG]Jason Richardson/Voshon Lenard
    [​IMG][​IMG]Mike Dunleavy/Carmelo Anthony
    [​IMG][​IMG]Clifford Robinson/Nene
    [​IMG][​IMG]Erick Dampier/Marcus Camby

Key Match-up
    Nick Van Exel/Andre Miller

Both players set the tone when they play.NVE is a big time scorer and clutch player but he can always feed his team-mates well by attacking and kicking out to the open shooters.Andre Miller is more of a "set you up player" although many have moaned at Dre for not doing that much this season but lately he has been getting the assists while playing good all-round basketball.The key to this match-up is who controls the game from the word go.If Nick can contend Miller from driving the Warriors will have a very good chance at victory..making Miller force to hit that jump shot will be the goal.Which has always been said to be his weakness.While on the other side Miller will need to make sure Van Exel doesn't get on a role from deep.As he is the kind of player who can get hot real quick which could be the downfall for the Nuggets.

Warrior Keys To the Game by Rudeezy

The Warriors have won 4 in a row and are playing great basketball. They match up well with the Nuggets. Dampier must continue his dominance in the paint against a very lenghy Camby. If J-Rich continues to impress and NVE plays the way he did against the Spurs, the Warriors will be in good shape. Dunleavy must limit Carmelo's looks at the wrack. The biggest key will be applying pressure to Andre Miller. He is a great point guard and could have a huge night. The key is to not let him get off to a good start.

Nuggets Keys To the Game by allnet

The good thing about this match-up is the fact both teams are playing very good basketball.Warriors are on a 4 game winning streak while the Nuggets have won their last 3.Which included a 113-103 win over the Dallas Mavericks.The key's to victory for the Nuggets will be keeping Erick Dampier off the glass where he has dominated games this year.Not letting Nick Van Exel going off early is very important as mentioned in the key match-up above.Jason Richardson seems to be playing to his talents very well this season...his return was a big boost to the Warriors team.They are far however from a 2 man team..They have plenty of weapons on that roster.The bench play will be the real key here...Can the Nuggets keep players like Brian Cardinal,Calbert Cheaney,Speedy Claxton quiet.Those guys have been huge for the Warriors this season they always bring in energy while being a huge boost on both ends of the floor.So the benches will be key..and how Earl Boykins a former Warrior does..who has been playing amazing basketball all season.If he has a high scoring game the Nuggets chances of victory will be very high.

Rudeezy's prediction

The Warriors will be too much for the Nuggets at home. This game will come down to the wire with the Warriors winning another nail biter.

Warriors by 3.

allnet's prediction

This game will be a very tough one for the Nuggets.The Warriors are finding their form with some very good wins.The more they get heathly the better they are becoming.My prediction is that homecourt advantage will be too much to handle...With Nuggets playing the night before It will be too tough to expect a Nuggets victory in this one.

Warriors by 6

<font color="Red">If you want to talk about this game, only talk about it from the Warrior's perspective in here! Thoughts, comments, and all posts about the Nuggets should go in the Nuggets forum.</font>

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

nice preview but i think the nuggets can squeeze it out nuggets by 2

3. Rudeezy

Yes, it really can go either way. I gave the Warriors the advantage because they are playing at home where they have played really well. Should be a great game to say the least.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

it will certainly be a good game...i got a ??? for you...when you make your previews...where do u get your pics from(the starting line up ones...NBA.com or sportsline.com?)

5. Rudeezy

I get my pics from nba.com. I just go to the Warrior's home page or whoever and click on their roster.

BTW: Good job on your preview, those are what makes JBB great. [​IMG]

6. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

i expect dampier to have another beast game, i think he will get near 20 boards and 15 points...j-rich will have a good night and i think the warriors will win 95-91

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Great preview I must say :mrgreen:

8. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Great preview I must say :mrgreen:</div>I would have to agree.[​IMG]

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

your predictions would have been close for had it not been for voshon leonard. That guy was feeling it big time and it caused lots of a defense reassignments to no avail. If the warriors can pay them back on Friday it will be fair and square. I think we did a good job to come back but we lost the intiative in the first quarter and that just takes all the energy out of you just to come from behind like that. There was no reason why we shouldn't have won other than their team was hot that night. I'm looking for an upset on their home turf this Friday.

10. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Defense wins games. That's pretty much all I have to say. You can't be going back to back scores with the Nuggets, they have shooters everywhere, Warriors needed one stop but couldn't get it. Lamply played great, I've liked him since Cal, nice to see him good some good playing time and provide big scores when the Warriors needed it. I can see him working his way into some more playing time. Carmelo killed the Warriors in the 4th, J-Rich just couldn't D him up, Carmelo is a bigger than J-Rich, were just posting him up all 4th. Leonerd put the game away though. Only if the Warriors played some D in the 4th, they would have came away with a win last night. Oh well, they have another chance Friday against the Nuggs.

11. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors @ Nuggets 12/5

Warriors drop another loss to the Nuggets, another one that they were in. Nuggets had a 20 point lead at one point, and 15 at the half, but the Warriors battled back with a big 3rd quarter led by Mike Dunleavy, and cut it to 8 going into the 4th. The 4th quarter came down to the end. Warriors took some really bad shots, dumb fouls, but after it's all said and done, Warriors choked at the free throw line. Going 2/8 in the 4th, and putting the Nuggets in the penalty early in the 4th is why Denver took this one. Though the Warriors kept it close by hitting 5 threes in the 4th, Denver battled back and were able to take this one as a win at home. Carmelo beat the Warriors again, he had another solid shooting night going 8-15, and 4-6 from the 3 point line, and hit some clutch shots when Denver needed them. Anthony finished with 28 points, and 7 rebounds. Warriors are in need of Foyle and Murphy badly, tommorow vs the Knicks will be a huge game for them to win, I'm looking forward to it!

12. NugzFan

NugzFan JBB Banned Member

good game guys!

13. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Darn! I should have read this post earlier and called Denver, oh well.

Next time.

14. Rudeezy

Damn, the Warriors drop two in a row to the Knicks, that hurts. The Warriors couldn't get the stops when they needed them most. Purple n Gold said it best...We NEED Foyle and Murphy!

Clifford Robinson gave the Warriors a one-point lead with 2? minutes remaining, but the Nuggets drained their free throws down the stretch of Golden State's 98-91 loss Friday in Denver. Mike Dunleavy scored 19 points for the Warriors, who return home for the first of five Hardwood Classic Nights. The Saturday night game against the Knicks.