Politics Obama has been purposely withholding key information about a nuclear deal with Iran from Congress

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Mar 18, 2015.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    http://conservativetribune.com/netanyahu-bombshell-obama/

The Obama administration has accused the Israeli prime minister of playing politics over Iran — but a bombshell allegation has just revealed that it might actually be the White House that is playing games.

A senior aide to Benjamin Netanyahu recently announced that President Barack Obama has been purposely withholding key information about a nuclear deal with Iran from Congress.

“We (Israel’s leaders) know many details from the agreement being put together, details that we feel members of Congress are unaware of,” the Israeli official told members of the media.

“According to the information we have, the deal currently taking shape will leave Iran with the capability to build a nuclear weapon, if (Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali) Khamenei make a decision to do so,” continued the official.

If true, that information is very different from what Obama has told the American people and members of Congress.

The president has repeatedly insisted that Iran would not have the capability or will to build nuclear weapons, which could then directly threaten Israel.

It is no secret that Iran despises the nation of Israel. Leaders within the rogue country have repeatedly expressed their disdain for the Jewish state, and even threatened to wipe it off the map. (H/T The Blaze).

Netanyahu was in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday to speak to Congress about the dangers of a nuclear-armed Iran and to petition for sanctions against the Middle Eastern country.

However, Democrats have harshly criticized the Israeli leader’s address to the joint session of Congress, even though Netanyahu was officially invited by Speaker of the House John Boehner.

If the latest information is correct and Israel actually knows more about the pending U.S.-Iran deal than do members of Congress, there would be some explanation for the White House’s objections.

Barack Obama may have been withholding important information the entire time. Not being honest with the American people is bad enough, but putting the security of a key ally at risk for petty political reasons is even worse.

2. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Not surprising. I'm waiting for Nancy Pelosi to come to the lectern to once again say, "You have to pass it to find out what's in it."

MarAzul likes this.
  3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    If you like your insurance, you can keep it.
    If you like your Doctor, you can keep your doctor.
    Red lines.
    Bush did it!

Hey, I saw him blame Bush again yesterday. ISIS is now Bushes fault, right straight out of his lips, no third party hearsay, straight from the horse.

This man will have a special page, unique from all other leaders, in the history of the United States. He is hell bent on out doing FDR who gave away the Victories in Europe after the military won WWII.

4. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I don't understand how anyone could say that a country doesn't "have the will" to possess or manufacture nuclear weapons.

190M Muslims in Pakistan and another 170M in India just became infidels? Turkey? All of whom have "obtained" nuclear weapons?

Additionally, according to their Supreme Leader:
    Is that contrary to their faith?

5. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

As usual, someone is selectively quoting here. I wonder why?

Kinda has a different meaning than what is suggested above.

barfo

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Who moderates Staff squabbles?

7. BrianFromWA

I would imagine that the article "selectively quoted" because the author is being a big meanie towards the president. However, since what the president claims is true is absolutely not true (and if I know it, then the President does) then we know it's not going to happen.

8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    No warheads on foreheads, please.

magnifier661 likes this.
  9. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

The president didn't make any claims. The president quotes claims the Iranians made and says "IF" they are true, then...

It's like me saying "If conservatives are fair-minded and keep quotes in context, then they won't appear to be partisan yahoos".

barfo

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I am very fair minded. I don't want anyone mistaking me for a Democrat. I am not really a good Republican but never mind that, not Democrat is for sure correct. That and Conservative.

I do note that Obama has not told the American people what he is about to do. Nor has he consulted with any of my represenitives or yours.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  11. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Denny, TrueBlueFan, Speeds and myself.

12. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Obama is Muslim!

13. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    To be fair, India and Pakistan aren't ruled by Mullahs. I read Obama's words in that article, and it says to me that the mullah ruling Iran says it would be contrary to their faith. If he is the authority for his state, run by religion, then what other Muslims do is irrelevant.

I don't think Obama is taking the guy at his word, as the article claims (unsubstantiated).

The scenarios for Iran peacefully having a nuclear program looks like the UN oversight of the weapons grade material, third party nations already nuclear power doing the things for Iran that could be a threat, and lifting of sanctions.

Nixon made peace with the Russians. We were at the brink of nuclear war just a few years earlier. Nixon made peace with China, too. Reagan called the USSR an evil empire, yet made peace with them.

You can't make peace without the two sides talking. I'm all for Obama trying his best community organizer skills.

14. BrianFromWA

there's a difference between someone saying "we just want a peaceful energy program and never would build a nuclear weapon" and what Iran is doing.

You can have a reactor with single-digit enrichment of the uranium. To be weapons-grade, you need much, much more. Which is why there's kind of a big line between "neutrons for peace" and "the weapon to finally annihilate Israel".

I tried to do a quick open-source search for some of the issues with what they're doing and found this from a think tank. It's a decent primer:
    http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/...nge-of-containing-irans-enrichment-activities

I don't think anyone is saying Iran shouldn't have power plants.

15. BrianFromWA

Not that I'm advocating it, but we didn't say a word to Hitler or Hirohito. And those who did didn't end up well.

16. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I don't see Iran as having been any worse in their region than the USA in our own hemispshere.

I think I'd rather we find a way to make peace with them. Obama is CiC, let him try. Bush didn't exactly succeed.

17. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    This doesn't say they're very close to having a nuke. Well, theoretically close enough to make one that is "so bulky and otherwise impractical that it would hardly qualify as a bomb)."

Is that something to fear, go to war over, etc.? Is their nuclear clock at 11:59 like we've been told for the past 15 years?

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Yeah, well maybe they can only make one crappy little 20 kiloton weapon. Perhaps they can test it on San Diego to see if they need to spin some more shit.
    Go Obama, Denny's in.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  19. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    It looks to me like whatever bomb they could make would be less effective than some dynamite and some medical waste.

I respect what Brian says about this, though. He's the actual rocket scientist when it comes to this stuff.

20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    That's kind a funny right there. Obama will let them over spin up power plant fuel. But I bet you can't get approval to build a Nuclear Power Plant in this county from the DEQ. Now that I think that out a little, can't get a power plant period, Nuke, coal, oil. Yep, Obama much wiser than the combined Senate, wise enough to be King!