Politics Obamanomics

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Sep 16, 2015.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
  2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

3. magnifier661

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

4 Charts That Prove Just How Successful President Obama Has Been September 1, 2015 By Allen Clifton 16 Comments It’s no secret that Republican rhetoric is built on misinformation and lies. While all politicians embellish the truth or lie every now and then (even President Obama), conservatives take it to a whole other level. With Republicans, it really is more like cult-like propaganda than normal, every day political rhetoric. It’s become so bad that indisputable facts have suddenly become “opinions” simply because they don’t want to believe in them. Well, as they say, the good thing about facts is that they’re real whether or not you want to believe in them. Take for instance the indisputable fact that President Obama has been a successful president. Has he been flawless? Of course not. But many Republicans honestly believe he’s the worst president in U.S. history – which is comically absurd. If someone doesn’t like the president, that’s fine – but to honestly suggest that he’s “the worst president in our nation’s history” is ridiculous. When someone says that to me, all I can do is laugh. It’s impossible to actually prove who’s been “the best” or “the worst” president in U.S. history considering it’s completely subjective. When people use hyperbole such as “He’s the worst, ever!” that’s just mental immaturity and the words of someone who shouldn’t be taken seriously. So, while I won’t call him “the best president ever,” I will fully admit that he’s been very successful and one of the better presidents we’ve had. And that’s not partisan rhetoric, the facts back it up as well. Just take a look at this following chart from WhiteHouse.gov showcasing his record-setting streak of private sector job growth: Let me reiterate that, at 65 months (soon to be 66), no other president in U.S. history has presided over a job creation streak that long. Then there’s unemployment, currently at 5.3 percent, which has been nearly cut in half from its high of 10 percent: Now I know what some conservatives will say: That’s because people have just given up looking for work, which is why the labor participation rate is down! And it’s true, the labor participation rate is down, but not for the reasons conservatives try to insinuate. It’s actually very simple math. The recession began in 2008 and the typical retirement age is 65: 2008 – 65 = 1943. The “baby boomer” generation is anyone born between 1946-1964. In other words, the labor participation rate is falling – because baby boomers are starting to reach retirement age. Next up is the stock market. While August wasn’t kind to stocks (mostly due to Chinese instability), they’re still at record levels when compared to President Obama’s predecessors: Then there’s deficits. While Republicans like to act as if President Obama’s spending has been out of control, that’s just not true. In fact, this president has massively reduced deficits from their highs at the peak of the recession: Image: The Maddow Blog And unless you’re the most partisan of the partisan, it’s really difficult to blame President Obama for the massive amounts of spending that were clearly triggered by the economic crash – caused by the Bush administration. These are just his economic successes, we haven’t even gotten into anything else. During his time in the White House he’s also: Done more for gay rights than any other president in history. Ordered the killing of Osama bin Ladin. Saved the American auto industry. Been a strong advocate for combating climate change. Pushed the United States more toward green forms of energy than any president before him. Been a strong advocate for pay equality for women. Passed historic credit card reform. Brokered a historic nuclear deal with Iran. Championed health care reform that’s provided health care to millions of Americans, dropping the uninsured rate to a historic low of 11.9 percent. Just to name a few of the many things he’s done while in office. So, when Republicans say “President Obama has been the worst president in history” – they clearly don’t know what in the hell they’re talking about. Hit me up on Twitter or Facebook and let me know what you think. Click here for reuse options! Copyright 2015 Forward Progressives The following two tabs change content below. Bio Latest Posts Allen Clifton Allen Clifton is from the Dallas-Fort Worth area and has a degree in Political Science. He is a co-founder of Forward Progressives and creator of the popular Right Off A Cliff column and Facebook page. Be sure to follow Allen on both Twitter and Facebook. Have feedback, compliments, criticism or hate mail? You can email him as well. Related Paul Ryan Ridiculously Claims President Obama is Becoming 'Increasingly Lawless' In "News" Republican Voters: Ted Cruz Was Born in the United States, President Obama Wasn't In "News" Eric Cantor Gets Embarrassed by the "Liberally Biased" Folks at -- Fox News? In "News" Did you find this article worthwhile? Please share it! 21k185 Comments 60 Facebook comments

Read more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/4-charts-prove-just-successful-president-obama/

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Just shows what a difference graphs make...There are literally hundreds of these things on the net...choose your favorite

6. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

[​IMG]

dviss1 and riverman like this.
  7. magnifier661

There are 9

8. magnifier661

You're a moron!

3RA1N1AC likes this.
  9. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well sir, he is the worst in my lifetime. It is hard to determine the worst ever since I lack first hand experience that far back. But I would not place Obama there because Lincoln has that reserved by one single act, taking this nation to Civil war without a shred of Constitutional authority. However, Obama may have been the greatest divider in Chief since Lincoln. And let us not ignore the fact that Obama will have run up more debt that all previous Presidents combined, in spite of your disingenuous chart showing how wonderful he is at reducing the deficit.

It seem to me that it takes a very immature person to view Obama's actions as President, as good. His failure to follow the Constitution should be appalling to everyone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's not my chart Marzy...the whole point was that these charts are biased..Obama made mistakes but he was not Richard Nixon..I worked for Nixon..worst president in my lifetime by far

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

To me the greatest divider in recent history is John Boehner

12. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Lol.

The charts aren't "biased." It's not like scientists are twisting the data on these.

Carter was much worse. Clinton was much better.

13. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    The speaker is a gutless wonder in my view. He is completely failing to fill the role of checking Obama's actions. Most of the Republicans are no better.

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

scientists? I Just showed a site that graphed Obama's time in office as successful to mirror the graphs mags conservative site made to make him look unsuccessful. Which graphs do you believe?

15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    It is hard to argue against this view, so I won't. Their combined list of flaws are many and very harmful.

16. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I believe all the graphs. We just differ in what we conclude from the data.

17. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    They're all accurate and complimentary.

The stock market is up. Yay!

Food stamps are up, poverty, boo.

riverman likes this.
  18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Nixon was really poor. I am pleased I never voted for him. But I actually don't think he hurt the country like some other's on the bottom rung. At least the Congress did their job in his case, turned up the heat too hot for him stand pat. Compare that to the wimps with majority these days.