Oden article

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Tortimer, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

2. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I can't get enough Oden news.

Roy has turned out to be a great addition for the Blazers. He is talented, composed, good character guy and a leader teammates listen to and respect.

But I'm think Oden might be a whole different level. It's early and he hasn't even played a game, but if he is what he is billed out to be, the next 10 years could be discussions about which pieces to fit around Oden. I predict when in a year or two time, when teams think of the Blazers, they think of Oden.

I know I'm jumping the gun, but he is one huge talented kid.

3. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I do think the only concern is some blazer fans might expect to much the first year. I think he is going to have a good year but watch out next year and beyond. I would guess Oden's stats would be around 13 ppg 10 rpg 2.8 bpg anything better would be he is ahead of schedule IMO.

4. ucatchtrout

ucatchtrout Well-Known Member

Yep.

It almost killed me last year when Oden went out with the injury. Then, I ended up having more fun watching that team than any other Blazer team I have seen in years.

Its hard not to be a bit giddy with anticipation over the coming season.

I expect a solid double double from the big guy. Beast that he is, he can get ten points just off the boards. Then you add the lob passes and plays they run for him.....could be even better.

Just hope he stays injury free and avoids foul trouble.

5. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker

The scary thing is that it's not out of the realm of possibility that Brandon Roy becomes the third best player on this team. He'll always be the leader, but Oden and Aldridge both have a higher ceiling.

6. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I'm not looking for GO's impact to be on the stat sheet; I look for him to affect the way we defend and we're defended. His numbers will be huge for rebounds and blocks, although it will be on a per-minute-basis because I think his minutes will be limited due to foul trouble.

If you want to see the Oden Impact, look at the stats of Aldridge, Roy and Webster. Those three will be more open than they have ever been before.