Oden, Blazers Face Champs in Opener

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NEW YORK (AP) -- The defending champions will welcome Greg Oden to real NBA basketball.

Oden will make his debut on opening night in San Antonio, where the Spurs will celebrate their NBA championship before hosting the Portland Trail Blazers.

That's the first game on the 2007-08 schedule, which the NBA unveiled Thursday. Also on Oct. 30, Houston visits the Los Angeles Lakers, and Golden State hosts Utah in a rematch of their second-round playoff series from last season.

And the league is giving Oden and Kevin Durant the Christmas rivalry spot formally occupied by Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal.

The NBA has three games that day, but did away with the Heat-Lakers matchup that has taken place every Christmas since O'Neal was dealt from Los Angeles to Miami in 2004. Both teams will still play, with the Heat visiting Cleveland before the Lakers host the Suns, who have eliminated them from the past two postseasons.

Oden and Durant were taken with the top two picks in the NBA draft and are scheduled to meet for the first time as pros to cap the holiday tripleheader when Portland hosts Seattle. </div>

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

hmm, a little unfair to throw Oden straight at Duncan lol, but best way from him to learn. One of the most hyped up big men since Duncan came out vs one of the best ever. And i think its unfair to some players that they put Oden and Durant who havent proven anything on a Christman day game

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

^^I think Oden will be on Oberto, and LaMarcus on Duncan. But it could switch.

4. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

What i wanted is going to happen yeah this should be a great one i hope Oden could be Duncan.

5. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

They should do what the Nuggets did to the spurs in the playoffs. Put LaMarcus on Duncan, and have Oden be the helpside shotblocker the way camby was. Its a very effective way to make him miss shots he normally is money on.

6. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    Re:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Answer_AI03)</div><div class='quotemain'>They should do what the Nuggets did to the spurs in the playoffs. Put LaMarcus on Duncan, and have Oden be the helpside shotblocker the way camby was. Its a very effective way to make him miss shots he normally is money on.</div></p>

</p>

Iagree,IthinkAldridgedidagoodjobonDuncanlastseason,andhavingOdentobackhimupcanonlymakeiteasier. Iftheywanttogivehimadifferentlook,theycanswitchroles, Aldridge can also block shots if Duncan gets past Oden.</p>

</p>

7. HOWIE

HOWIE Member

Re:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gambitnut)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Answer_AI03)</div><div class='quotemain'>They should do what the Nuggets did to the spurs in the playoffs. Put LaMarcus on Duncan, and have Oden be the helpside shotblocker the way camby was. Its a very effective way to make him miss shots he normally is money on.</div></p>

</p>

Iagree,IthinkAldridgedidagoodjobonDuncanlastseason,andhavingOdentobackhimupcanonlymakeiteasier. Iftheywanttogivehimadifferentlook,theycanswitchroles, Aldridge can also block shots if Duncan gets past Oden.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

If only Oden was ready to go this season. I know that he'll be back, but it was a huge bummer to lose him for the season, Portland is going to have to play their butts off to reach last seasons win totals, I think we are looking at another lottery pick this season and I am okay with that. Portlant is going to be the leader in the ROY awards next season.....just watch.</p>

</p>