Oden Fouls Out

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The Legend, Jul 7, 2007.

1. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LAS VEGAS -- Greg Oden's foul troubles followed him to the NBA.

The Portland Trail Blazers center, the first overall pick in last month's draft, picked up three quick fouls in the opening three minutes of his professional debut Friday night in the Las Vegas summer league and fouled out with 10 fouls.

"It's amazing," said Oden smiling. "I usually get thrown out after five."

League rules allow 10 fouls before disqualification.

"It's a different game [in comparison to college]. They call it different," Oden said. "There are a lot of things you can't do with hand movements and hand checks."

Portland trailed by double digits for most of the game as Oden was a non-factor in a 74-66 loss to the Boston Celtics. He had six points and two rebounds in 20 minutes.</div>

ESPN

2. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Looks like his foul trouble is following him from college to the NBA. Hopefully he gets better at managing his fouls, cause it wont be 10 when the season starts. [​IMG]

3. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Looks like his foul trouble is following him from college to the NBA. Hopefully he gets better at managing his fouls, cause it wont be 10 when the season starts. [​IMG]</div>

While their are doubts this could haunt him for along time to come, I can only say this, Aldridge also fouled a lot as a Blazer in his first season, well in the beginning of the season, rather, because later on when he really got a feel for the game and actually saw starter minutes he cut down a lot and was never in to big of foul trouble. I'm going to give Oden time, that's what this kid needs, if Blazer fans expect a championship NOW then they will be very dissapointed. I expect us to fight for a playoff spot at least, but just miss for the upcoming season.

4. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

I still find 10 fouls devastating, then when asked what he could do, he said, "I need to play much more agressive."

5. fatballer_10

fatballer_10 JBB JustBBall Member

He is just over anxious and being a really big body, he will get these dodgy calls against him to begin with. When the season starts and the REAL players are playing and the real refs are calling the shots, he will be fine.

6. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">The Legend Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I still find 10 fouls devastating, then when asked what he could do, he said, "I need to play much more agressive."</div>

Well in his defense there were about 3 bad calls on him, but what can you do? The refs didn't do very good job officiating the game on both sides so at least they equally did bad, but that is to be expected from rookie refs.

Anyway those 3 or so fouls were very tacky.