Offer to Garnett on the table

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by twolvefan11, Sep 26, 2003.

1. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Timberwolves have offered all-star forward Kevin Garnett a contract extension, team owner Glen Taylor said Thursday. Now the question is, will Garnett take it?
    </div>

Link

All I got to say is finally. I really hope he signs it.

2. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

If I were him I would wait to see if they win more games

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

If I were KG I would wait to see what happens with Kobe. If Kobe is convicted, he can then replace him and play alongside Shaq.

4. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

Smart move by the Wolves. See what KG wants, and just throw an offer out there. The Wolves need KG, and for now, KG needs the Wolves in order to get past the first round..

5. beasly3

beasly3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">Smart move by the Wolves. See what KG wants, and just throw an offer out there. The Wolves need KG, and for now, KG needs the Wolves in order to get past the first round..</div>

If I were Kg I would request a trade with the Bulls.

6. twolvefan11

Hmm......now why would he do that? A little biased?

7. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

I heard the Contract isnt even a max contract.

8. twolvefan11

No it's not, but it's still more than anyone can offer him. If he doesn't accept it, we will make the contract worth even more money. But he will probably wait until later in the season.

9. twolvefan11

Reports from Hoopsworld say that the contract is 5 years for about 80 mil. I think he will sign it 1 week before the season starts.

10. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">Hmm......now why would he do that? A little biased?</div>

He went to High School in Chicago, so he might be considering going back to Chicago. If he does good this year with the T'wolves, he'll most likely stay though. [​IMG]

11. twolvefan11

I don't see him playing in Chicago. The Wolves already turned down a huge trade for him by Chicago, so I don't see why they would trade him to them. Maybe if they are sure Garnett is going to leave, then I would consider it, but I highly doubt KG will want to leave with this lineup.

12. beasly3

I am a Bulls fan and was being biased. But he did go to highschool here and might lure him. Hopefully.

13. twolvefan11

Yes, but his family and friends live in Minnesota now, so I don't see him going to Chicago. He is originally from South Carolina, he just went his senior year to Farragut Academy.

14. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see him playing in Chicago. The Wolves already turned down a huge trade for him by Chicago, so I don't see why they would trade him to them. Maybe if they are sure Garnett is going to leave, then I would consider it, but I highly doubt KG will want to leave with this lineup.</div>

i heard that trade was just a rumor, i dont think they ever really talked about it.

15. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I really cant see KG playing anywhere but the T-wolves He is the heart and soul of that team and this year he actually has a decent supporting cast. I think KG wants to win a title by himself and not be in the shadows of SHAQ or any other player. Even if Kobe gets convicted, I still expect to see KG playing for the Wolves the year after this.

KG will most likely do what Duncan did. He will scope out the market but in the end sing with his current team.

16. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, but his family and friends live in Minnesota now, so I don't see him going to Chicago. He is originally from South Carolina, he just went his senior year to Farragut Academy.</div>

exactly...

He does like Chicago tho, Im sure they will be an option for him if he plays the FA market, hopefully he will just sign the extension

17. beasly3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting purehoops:</div><div class="quote_post">exactly...

He does like Chicago tho, Im sure they will be an option for him if he plays the FA market, hopefully he will just sign the extension</div>

I think that Bulls and Twolves would be the teams he would want to go to. If the Twolves dont pay up I hope he comes to Chicago.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He just bought a mansion and new ferrari in Malibu. Malibu is right next to Los Angeles. If I am KG I definately keep my options open. Minnesota has a great team this year on paper, but he needs to see how this team plays together. KG is an East Coast guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a 1 year deal to become unrestricted and then bolts to the East Coast.