Offical FT Rules / Quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by jjdaman20, Mar 12, 2003.

1. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

he did step over the line, his foot was nowhere near the line, Sportscenter broke it down and he didn't step over

2. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

NBA's rule 10, section I-D: "The free throw shooter may not cross the plane of the free throw line until the ball touches the basket ring (or) the backboard, or the free throw ends."

He did technically break the rule, but it is almost never called. Then again a foul with 1 sec. left in the game is almost never called either.

- Miller would not even say that much, refusing to comment on the play. (Andre Miller)

- "All game long I saw it," Francis said. "I was like, `Yo! Look! Look!' They saw it." (Steve Francis)

- "That call is never called, but I saw it on the television replay. It was a good call. He stepped over. I'm sure they were heartbroken about it, like we were about that call (that sent Miller to the line)." (Mo Taylor)

- Mobley sat alone at his locker and shouted to no one in particular what many were still thinking: "I don't know how ... we just won that game!" (Cuttino Mobley)

3. Thurgood

Thurgood JBB JustBBall Member

i watched the game and miller was fouled a really dumb foul by james posey but no question it was a foul...when miller shoots free throws he leans forward and hes falling...during the game it looked like he did cross the line but in slow motion it showed he didnt

4. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

yeah thank god for the guy who invented slow motion

5. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah because when you look at 1st it really looked like he did. After a few more looks and the slow-mo, they showed he didnt step.

6. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

lol I say the NBA makes a NFL Challenge rule, the coach can throw a red clipboard out when he wants to challenge bad calls

7. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG]

If they came out with that. It would be a whole hell of alot more differnces in scores. Shoot I wish it was around back in the 02 playoffs when Bernie Fryer waved off that Baron Davis shot. I woulda aimed it at his head lol

8. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

hey, a win is a win... It's good that the Rockets didn't blow it.