Official Cavs Playoff Race Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by KarmaCav, Feb 20, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

Not Too Far Outside P/O's

With some good results tonight, we should be at worst 2 1/2 games behind Miami for 8th.

Tonight makes you believe, but consistency has been a concern. Our inabilty to take advantage of other teams (Duncans poor night, Weakened Laker) keeps that elusive 8th seed just out of reach!

Can we start a roll after this confidence booster??? [​IMG]

2. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

We've got a big game Sunday at MSG, LeBron's first game at the mecca.....hope he doesn't get nervous.....(haha). This kid's got nerves of frickin steel, he's gonna bring it every night until we make the playoffs. And if McInnis can get some help guarding Marbury, we should pull out a win.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Lakers are beating up the 76ers too, can't stop Shaq.

That would be a huge loss for Phili that we will gladly accept.

4. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

I hate to look at the standings every morning and keep seeing Miami winning. Damn you ODOM!

5. KarmaCav

If only Atlanta stopped trading all those players they may have had a chance to upset Miami.

Cant have it all our way!

6. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Lakers are beating up the 76ers too, can't stop Shaq.

That would be a huge loss for Phili that we will gladly accept.</div>

I don't think the playoffs are out of the picture just yet.

Toronto is going to have trouble beating ANYONE with Carter and Rose out for the next month. That's 15 games or so they are going to be without their two best player. They should fall completely out of it if they have to keep playing Milt Palacio and Michael Curry big minutes.

Boston is really struggling right now.

Philly and Miami are going to be the ones we are going to have to compete with for the last two spots.

7. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to look at the standings every morning and keep seeing Miami winning. Damn you ODOM!</div>

Actually Odom hasn't been very productive over the past few wins, you should be mad at Dwyane Wade instead [​IMG].

The Celtics just keep losing, even though they're just barely out of a playoff spot, I don't think they'll be able to make a run. The Knicks were also blown out by the Jazz tonight, which is great for all of us and hopefully the Sixers will lose tonight to the Lakers.

8. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Accord:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually Odom hasn't been very productive over the past few wins, you should be mad at Dwyane Wade instead [​IMG].

The Celtics just keep losing, even though they're just barely out of a playoff spot, I don't think they'll be able to make a run. The Knicks were also blown out by the Jazz tonight, which is great for all of us and hopefully the Sixers will lose tonight to the Lakers.</div>

I think Toronto is going to fall all the way out of the playoffs, leaving the 7th and 8th spots open.

9. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Toronto is going to fall all the way out of the playoffs, leaving the 7th and 8th spots open.</div>

And with that goes our draft pick!!! [​IMG]

10. Glen Infante

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually Odom hasn't been very productive over the past few wins, you should be mad at Dwyane Wade instead .</div>

Damn you WADE!

11. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">And with that goes our draft pick!!! [​IMG]</div>

Yep.

We could end up with no pick this draft is we make the playoffs and Toronto does not.

12. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">Yep.

We could end up with no pick this draft is we make the playoffs and Toronto does not.</div> [​IMG]

HHHMMMM, that wouldn't please me.

Personally I dont think two picks this year would be a good thing, although we may lose players to the Bobcats!

1 pick would be nice.

13. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

HHHMMMM, that wouldn't please me.

Personally I dont think two picks this year would be a good thing, although we may lose players to the Bobcats!

1 pick would be nice.</div>

I know we could use our pick to address some needs but I really think getting into the playoffs this season would be HUGE for this organization.

And who knows..... maybe we could steal some from Indiana or Detroit.

14. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">I know we could use our pick to address some needs but I really think getting into the playoffs this season would be HUGE for this organization.

And who knows..... maybe we could steal some from Indiana or Detroit.</div>

The experience would be huge if we made the playoffs.

BTW : nice substituting by Silas tonight. Props to him!

15. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">The experience would be huge if we made the playoffs.

BTW : nice substituting by Silas tonight. Props to him!</div>

My only real complaint with Silas is that he plays Newble over Kedrick.

I guess Paxson told him he needs to justify that 5 year deal he gave Ira.

16. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">My only real complaint with Silas is that he plays Newble over Kedrick.

I guess Paxson told him he needs to justify that 5 year deal he gave Ira.</div>

Yeah I understand you there!

Newble is playing a Michael Curry role like he did in Detroit!

I just dont understand why he cant shoot like last year. [​IMG]

Its a little like Bremer!

Anyhow, maybe its the indecisiveness of Brown that sits him!!!

He seems to hesitate too often!

17. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Cavs can reach the playoffs, since Toronto is going down, the Cavs step up at their spot!
    So keep up the good work Cavs! [​IMG]

18. Glen Infante

Kedrick doesn't play because he thinks he is Reggie Miller. The kid can slash and he just doesn't do it. How many times has he been to the free throw line this year, like 3 times?

19. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I can't understand why if you have a 40" vertical you wouldn't want to play closer to the basket. Its almost as though the 3 point line serves as a invisible fence for Kedrick where he gets shocked if he steps over it.

Despite that, I still wish he'd see some more time over Newble. Their defense is pretty much equal, but at least Brown can stretch the floor with the 3 here and there.

He's got to be one frustrated kid after going from a starter to a DNP'er over night once Mcinnis arrived and Lebron moved to the 2.

20. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I can't understand why if you have a 40" vertical you wouldn't want to play closer to the basket. Its almost as though the 3 point line serves as a invisible fence for Kedrick where he gets shocked if he steps over it.

Despite that, I still wish he'd see some more time over Newble. Their defense is pretty much equal, but at least Brown can stretch the floor with the 3 here and there.

He's got to be one frustrated kid after going from a starter to a DNP'er over night once Mcinnis arrived and Lebron moved to the 2.</div>

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't because of Newble's contract.

Gotta try and justify it by playing him.

Seriously though, if Newble could put up his numbers from last season (7 PPG, 49% FG, 38% 3pt) with solid-good defense, he would be worth the contract.