***Official First/Second Round NCAA Tournament Game Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Schaddy, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

I'm ready for it to start now, I dunno how I'm going to sleep tonight [​IMG] let's get the party started, guys!!! [​IMG]

Here's the lineup for Thursday (all times Eastern)

<u>Minneapolis Region</u>
    #6 Oklahoma vs. #11 UW-Milwaukee @ 12:25

#4 Boston College vs. #13 Pacific @ 12:40

#3 Florida vs. #14 South Alabama @ 2:45

#5 Nevada vs. #12 Montana @ 3:00

<u>Oakland Region</u>
    #7 Marquette vs. #10 Alabama @ 12:40

#2 UCLA vs. #15 Belmont @ 4:55

#3 Gonzaga vs. #14 Xavier @ 7:20

#6 Indiana vs. #11 San Diego State @ 9:40

<u>Atlanta Region</u>
    #4 LSU vs. #13 Iona @ 7:10

#8 George Washington vs. #9 UNC-Wilmington @ 7:10

#1 Duke vs. #16 Southern @ 9:30

#5 Syracuse vs. #12 Texas A&M @ 9:30

<u>Washington Region</u>
    #7 Wichita State vs. #10 Seton Hall @ 12:20

#2 Tennessee vs. #15 Winthrop @ 2:40

#4 Illinois vs. #13 Air Force @ 7:25

#5 Washington vs. #12 Utah State @ 9:45

My God, there's literally going to be basketball on from noon Eastern tomorrow until almost midnight. [​IMG]

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The best part is I went to the grocery store today and found Guiness on sale because of St. Patty's day. I went for the 24 pack and will pace myself throughout tomorrow. God bless the Irish!

3. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">The best part is I went to the grocery store today and found Guiness on sale because of St. Patty's day. I went for the 24 pack and will pace myself throughout tomorrow. God bless the Irish!</div>

Those Wichita St. Shockers kicking a Big East team's ass! Now I know why they're the #7 seed [​IMG]

4. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Wichita State playing very, very well through the first half of their game; Paul Miller started hot and allowed the Shockers to get open looks from the outside. Defensively, they're playing the tough style we've come to know them for; I don't think they expected to score this many points in the first half, but they'll take a 40-24 lead into the second half. Go Shockers!

5. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Halftime in Jacksonville, UWM leads Oklahoma 31-29

Oklahoma has not led so far in this game, and the Panthers' lead honestly should be bigger, they completely outplayed the Sooners early on. Oklahoma had a lot of turnovers but should've had more if it weren't for some really terrible officiating; Taj Gray is just being allowed to brutalize the Panthers inside with no fouls being called. Panthers haven't hit as many threes as they usually do, but their frenetic pace is causing problems for the Sooners. Should be a good second half.

Haven't gotten to see any of the BC/Pacific game yet; they just transferred coverage there so hopefully I'll have an update soon [​IMG]

6. J_Ray

Schaddy, it's suprised me that Wichita St. is so good [​IMG] Get on your AIM [​IMG]

7. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">Schaddy, it's suprised me that Wichita St. is so good [​IMG] Get on your AIM [​IMG]</div>

[​IMG] I want to, but I've actually got a bunch of stuff going on today plus I'm running between TV and my roomate's computer to watch games that are on simultaniously [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Schaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] I want to, but I've actually got a bunch of stuff going on today plus I'm running between TV and my roomate's computer to watch games that are on simultaniously [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

O, well have fun watching them....

34 up @ half for BC-Pacific: Pacific is sticking with a Final Four contender in that bracket. Seems like Pacific is always getting early games then stunning the teams, I always feel that the 1st games in the morning are tough because the east coast teams are still getting used to the time change or altitude or something, like when Pitt lost to Pacific @ Boise last year [​IMG]

9. J_Ray

56-44 Shockers, Seton Hall is making shots and is getting ever so closer.

45-41 UW-Milwaukee 14:14 left in 2nd half close game

10. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

FINALLY! The madness gets underway. This is what we're talking about! Upsets on day 1, definitely looking for more...

11. Shapecity

<u>Early Game Recaps</u>

Wichita St. defeated Seton Hall 86-66
    BC defeated Pacific 88-76 in 2OT
    UW-Milwaukee defeated Oklahoma 82-74

12. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Schaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] I want to, but I've actually got a bunch of stuff going on today plus I'm running between TV and my roomate's computer to watch games that are on simultaniously [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>Yeah, right now I really wish I had my laptop with me.

BC got very very lucky that the refs bailed Craig Smith out with that foul call at the end of OT.

13. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

I only got to see the end of overtime in the Boston College game--anyone care to tell me what the heck happened? I saw that Pacific had no answer for Smith and Dudley, but it looks like BC had no one to shutdown Christian Maraker...

14. J_Ray

Maraker is good, I've been able to see this Pacific team couple times but they were never that good IMO. They just went 3 crazy in the 2nd OT and wouldn't give the ball to Maraker, if they did they could of won.....

15. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Heck of a game in the BC/Pacific matchup

Bama/Marquette is on right now, finally, after some whack bomb threat (let's all raise the terror level to shartruce), and Bama is shooting very well from behind the arc and getting a lot of offensive boards, it's 29-19 Bama about 10 minutes into the first half.

16. Shapecity

What's the deal in the Marquette game? Novak has been on the bench for a long time and has only shot the ball twice. Did he get injured?

17. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">What's the deal in the Marquette game? Novak has been on the bench for a long time and has only shot the ball twice. Did he get injured?</div>
    Not sure what happened--I got switched over to the Tennessee-Winthrop game.

But from what i've seen, Felix has had a field day with five three-pointers in the first half.

18. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Can't believe BC had to win in double overtime, still think they will win the region though. I picked UW over Oklahoma but I got beat by Wichita St.

19. Shapecity

Tenn is doing a great job of proving why they SHOULD NOT have been a number two seed. They are struggling against Winthorp and only lead by 2 points. 56-54.

20. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Tennessee-Winthrop is tied with 1.8 seconds left and Tennessee will have the ball...