Official Kobe Bryant Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by kingjamez, May 30, 2007.

1. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I'm listening to it right now, and Kobe said NO MATTER what, even if Jerry West came back, he wants to be traded.. I really didn't believe it before, but now it's true and pretty shocking. He said he'd play anywhere, he just wants to play and win.

2. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

This offseason has been a blast so far. As long as the team that deserves to win the championship wins, I won't mind waiting a whole year for another chance. I can't believe this is happening. If Kobe is traded and not to the Suns, it better be to the East to make up for Oden/Durant.

3. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

This off season is going to be one of the craziest ever. I can't wait to see what happens here. I really believe that Kobe is going to be traded, and I think its going to be to the east. I wonder what team is going to end up with him, man this is going to be so interesting.

4. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

This is officially the greatest day ever. The Lakers are officially screwed.

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."</div>Wow, just wow. I was wrong, I thought it was all a scare tactic from Kobe to get the organization feeling like they were on the hot seat... well, I was half right. Wow.

6. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

This is incredible..and should make everything really fun this summer. Honestly though I think his emotions and frustration will cool and he'll stick in LA.How does he go from saying he wants to retire earlier in the week to sayin he wants to be traded though? He's my favorite player but I dunno about that.Man I would give Detroit's whole team to get Kobe. Pretty please.

7. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Excitement!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!!The Pacers will probably make a run for him!

8. ASUFan22

Laker haters, rejoice![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ May 30 2007, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is incredible..and should make everything really fun this summer. Honestly though I think his emotions and frustration will cool and he'll stick in LA.How does he go from saying he wants to retire earlier in the week to sayin he wants to be traded though? He's my favorite player but I dunno about that.Man I would give Detroit's whole team to get Kobe. Pretty please.</div>Well I guess he found out it was someone in the front office letting out the false information that it was him that got rid of Shaq. That's what I heard...

10. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

That's interesting if its true. Sure that guy will be canned ASAP.

11. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ May 30 2007, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's interesting if its true. Sure that guy will be canned ASAP.</div>I think it may have been Buss so.. [​IMG]

12. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ May 30 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Laker haters, rejoice![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]</div> "Let us rejoice and be....glaaaaad." (Used to sing that in church).

13. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Could be huge for the Bulls if they wanted to pull the trigger.Probably cost them Gordon and Noci and a pick.Bulls definately could use a closer

14. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Guys, note that Kobe has a no-trade clause and a trade kicker in his contract... so he gets a pay raise and also has the right to veto any trade involving him (thanks to Pesty for notifying me of that one). Then also take into account that when he was a free agent, he strongly considered Chicago. He said he went as far as checking out local schools for his kid. This will be REAL interesting.

15. BrewCityBuck

Kobe Bryant in Chicago? Wow. The Michael Jordan comparisons would never end in the media. Chicago has the pieces the Lakers would probably want.

16. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

If he were to go to Chicago, it's very possible that the Pistons road to the Finals next year could go through Lebron, Kobe, and Wade. Wow.

17. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

I'd jump for job if my NBA Live season came true.. [Kobe, Bron, Hughes] Just a dream. But this is horrible for Laker fans, but their was nothing Bryant could do. He wants to win, and L.A just isn't doing that.

18. BrewCityBuck

I've been looking over salaries, trade possibilites that work and possible team success, there's not many good options for Kobe that also give Lakers something worthwhile in return.

19. MoNeY_MiKe__

MoNeY_MiKe__ BBW Elite Member

I don't even think there is much out there that is equal value to Kobe, nor many teams that has the situation right for Kobe. I mean, Dallas have a few pieces, the Bulls have a few pieces but that's about it as far as teams that wouldn't be exactly like the Lakers are now with Kobe. Possibly the Blazers but they'd most likely have to give up the #1 pick or Roy...Can't wait to see how this pans out.

20. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I'm not looking at this much of anything right now. Kobe does this too much and retracts it later. Even if he demands one, doesn't mean he'll get one.