Official Pittsburgh Apology

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by vikingfan, Jan 22, 2006.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I made the prediction that the Broncos were a 'lock' to go to the SB. Obviously, I was wrong.

For those of you who have trouble admitting when you are wrong, take notes.

I was wrong in my prediction. Not only was I wrong - I was very wrong. I apologize for my lack of vision and misplaced confidence in the Broncos, and lack of confidence in the Steelers.

Congrats Pittsburgh! Best of luck in Detroit!

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

It's ok VF, you're still the man. Just think of it this way, there were a lot of people that make tons of money to predict these games and were wrong. At least you weren't alone and at least your job didn't rely on being right.

Of course I'm losing my mind right now because I'm so happy.

What a dominant showing in the Conference Championship Game.

1,2,3 all fell to the Steelers....

Here we go Steelers, Here we go!

3. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Great win! I only rooted for the Steelers because I want Bettis to go back home for his last game.

4. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

i picked them to lose every week, and next week. you wont get an apology till they win next week... and ill be pissed if they do. [​IMG]

BTW, if Palmer didnt go down, you guys would be out right now.

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Well in the beginning of the year there were 4 teams I thought could win the Super Bowl. Panthers, Colts, Falcons, and Steelers. The only reason why this is a some what surprise to me is I didn't think Pitt would be able to go on the road and knock of the 1,2, and 3 seeds.

6. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nflfan04)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, if Palmer didnt go down, you guys would be out right now.</div>
    That's IF.

7. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

It's more like if they didn't game plan to take Palmer out because they knew it was the only way they had a snow balls Chance in Hawaii of winning, then they'd be out.

8. Steelerfan_2005

Real weak man, real weak.

9. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

I don't think anyone can discredit the Steelers for any reason after how well the team has played already this post-season. They're a solid football team all around and they've proved themselves worthy of being on their way to the Super Bowl. They've proved all the doubters wrong, and have shown they can play with the best of them. Big Ben and the offense have looked outstanding so far in the playoffs, and the defense is playing some great football. No doubt in my mind that the Steelers win it all in Detroit. Look out Seahawks!

10. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

well we still beat Indy...and the broncos...so in your opinion the "squeelers" suck...well there is now another AFC championship in our midst...

if only Palmer wasnt intentionally hurt...

thats like saying...

what if Tom Brady's arm throw forward was a fumble...
    what if Plummer didnt have 3 turnovers...
    what if Farve didnt throw 28 Ints...

wouldnt all this speculation be pointless...

11. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I made the prediction that the Broncos were a 'lock' to go to the SB. Obviously, I was wrong.

For those of you who have trouble admitting when you are wrong, take notes.

I was wrong in my prediction. Not only was I wrong - I was very wrong. I apologize for my lack of vision and misplaced confidence in the Broncos, and lack of confidence in the Steelers.

Congrats Pittsburgh! Best of luck in Detroit!</div>
    this is a true man who knows how to admit when he is wrong...thanks for your opinion and i admire your truthfulness

12. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowher&Frown Co.)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats like saying...

what if Tom Brady's arm throw forward was a fumble...
    what if Plummer didnt have 3 turnovers...
    what if Farve didnt throw 28 Ints...

wouldnt all this speculation be pointless...</div>
    Absolutely. 'What if' questions are pointless - they lead you nowhere. The reality is, good football teams adjust to adversity. Pittsburgh did when every bad ref call was going against them, and Seattle was able to adjust when the MVP of the league left the game.

Good teams adjust, never as why, and understand that there is an uncontrollable aspect of the game.

13. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowher&Frown Co.)</div><div class='quotemain'>if only Palmer wasnt intentionally hurt...</div>
    I never said that. i just said that if, and yes MKIV i know its an IF, if he didnt go down, it is my opinion that the Steelers would be out.

14. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

I'm one of those people that thought that the Steelers wasn't make past the Colts or the Broncos. I'm a believer and I think that the Steelers will beat the Seahawks in Superbowl XL.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I don't get the whole apology trend that is sweeping the forums lately. Why apologize for picking the wrong team? Did you do it with malicious intent? I guess if you said told the Steelers fans that the Steelers had no chance and they were inbred, crosseyed, snaggletoothed nincompoops for thinking that they did, then an apology might be in order.

Steeler fans, don't mind the detractors that keep harping on Carson Palmer's injury. Everytime they blather on with their lame excuses, it says more about them than it does about the Steelers.

As for Cowher asking, "What if Brett Favre didn't throw 28 interceptions." Hey, Favre has to keep his side of the deals somehow!!! [​IMG]

16. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

I think that the steelers are a legit super bowl team, but i still wont be rooting for them because i feel like the bengals got screwed...i dont think the hit was intentional, but it still sucks...so go Seahawks

17. Steelerfan_2005

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get the whole apology trend that is sweeping the forums lately. Why apologize for picking the wrong team? Did you do it with malicious intent? I guess if you said told the Steelers fans that the Steelers had no chance and they were inbred, crosseyed, snaggletoothed nincompoops for thinking that they did, then an apology might be in order.

Steeler fans, don't mind the detractors that keep harping on Carson Palmer's injury. Everytime they blather on with their lame excuses, it says more about them than it does about the Steelers.

As for Cowher asking, "What if Brett Favre didn't throw 28 interceptions." Hey, Favre has to keep his side of the deals somehow!!! [​IMG]</div>
    I think I was called a snaggletoothed nincompoop once... does that count?

18. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoodie7)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think that the steelers are a legit super bowl team, but i still wont be rooting for them because i feel like the bengals got screwed...i dont think the hit was intentional, but it still sucks...so go Seahawks</div>
    The Bengals didn't get screwed. Injuries are a part of football. You deal with them or go home. It sucks that Carson's career is in peril, but the Bengals have one of the better backups in Jon Kitna. Honestly, the Bengals defense needs to improve before they can make a legit run at the Super Bowl. You can tell yourself that the Steelers beat the Bengals because Palmer got hurt or you can face reality. For your sake, I hope Marvin Lewis realizes the truth and fixes it.

19. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get the whole apology trend that is sweeping the forums lately. Why apologize for picking the wrong team? Did you do it with malicious intent? I guess if you said told the Steelers fans that the Steelers had no chance and they were inbred, crosseyed, snaggletoothed nincompoops for thinking that they did, then an apology might be in order.

As for Cowher asking, "What if Brett Favre didn't throw 28 interceptions." Hey, Favre has to keep his side of the deals somehow!!! [​IMG]</div>
    I think I was called a snaggletoothed nincompoop once... does that count?</div>
    It would except I don't think your wife is a forums member, so you might want to keep that private.

20. Steelerfan_2005

Oh yeah, sometimes I forget where the insults come from.

Damn I gotta get to the orthodonist!

The nincompoop part I don't think I can fix.