Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by playmaker15, Apr 19, 2007.

1. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Well I haven't seen one put up yet so I thought I'd make one for the Heat board.

We're gonig to face Chicago and after the comments made by Kirk Hinirch and Nocioni I think that will only motivate the Heat more. I don't want to start anything but how could Hinrich or Nocioni say anything when they have yet to beat the Heat WHEN IT COUNTED. That's jsut my take.

I think we win our opening round series in 5-6 games.

2. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

what did they say...do you have a article or link?

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I'll take the Bulls in seven since they have the home-court advantage and Wade is going to be inconsistent due to his injury. Kirk also does a pretty respectable job guarding Wade.

4. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

^^^^don't doubt D Wade.....don't you do it...

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^^^^don't doubt D Wade.....don't you do it...</div>

I doubt him and I love poking fun at all the Heat Fans I know in real life. It's so much fun.

6. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

i'd say we can take chicago in 6, but it should be an intense series. hinrichs gonna be all over dwyane, ben on shaq, the emergence of kapono and eddie, and wade's gonna have to man-up with his shoulder/knee.

what did hinrich and nocioni say?
    does anyone know what our theme this year is, if any? like last year was "white hot heat".

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I got Bulls in 7. Bulls have the motivation from last year and with a banged up Wade trying to guard Hinrich, Gordon or Deng all series will help in keeping him not just focused on offense.

8. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^^^^don't doubt D Wade.....don't you do it...</div>

Not when there are NBA refs around.

9. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Not when there are NBA refs around.</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That's just ignorant man, besides all the whining of the calls he gets, he's still a great talent, if you can't see that then I don't think you've really seen Wade play.

The playoffs started the same way last year, with everyone doubting us and look what happened. Nothing motivates the Heat more then doubters, and I just can't see a Pat Riley coached, defending champion team getting knocked out in the first round after all the focus we have put in defending our title. The series won't be easy, but I'm still suprised people think the Heat will lose in the first round.

10. playmaker15

11. I-Miss-MJ

Take. A. Joke.

12. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

I fear Miami. (basketball sense wise, not literally)

Wade will be fine. I'm interested in seeing how the acquisition of Ben Wallace will play in this series. They have a person who can somewhat contain Shaq so maybe Chicago has a shot.

13. playmaker15

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Take. A. Joke.</div>

A joke thats been killed so many times alredi..find something else already.

14. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">hoops4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i'd say we can take chicago in 6, but it should be an intense series. hinrichs gonna be all over dwyane, ben on shaq, the emergence of kapono and eddie, and wade's gonna have to man-up with his shoulder/knee.

what did hinrich and nocioni say?
    does anyone know what our theme this year is, if any? like last year was "white hot heat".</div>
    All Hinrich said was that he's confident that the Bulls could beat the Heat in a playoff series and that they should have beat them last season. I didn't see what Noce said, but I don't get why all the Heat players are taking that as a diss or something, every player should have confidence that they're team could beat any team in the NBA. Seems like they're just looking for anything for motivation. Taking things out of context.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Asked about the possibility of playing the Heat in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight year, Hinrich said he felt confident the Bulls could beat Miami and thought they should have won last year’s series.

“I don’t care who they are or what they say, nobody wants to play us in a seven-game series,” Heat center Shaquille O’Neal responded. “And if they do, we’re coming.”

“Be careful what you wish for,” added backup Alonzo Mourning.

Granted, it did look at times as though the Bulls lost to the Nets on purpose Wednesday and willingly gave up the No. 2 playoff seed in the East. But it’s highly doubtful the Bulls were actually trying to match up with Miami.

Heat star Dwyane Wade even suggested he’ll be more motivated now to play the Bulls instead of Cleveland. All thanks to Hinrich.

“If it’s Chicago, I think there will be more there than Cleveland, where you look for something to say … ‘We’ve got to do this for this reason,’?” said Wade, who grew up in South suburban Robbins. “Chicago feels like they can beat us. Kirk Hinrich came out and said it. We’ll find out.”</div>
    Source

15. I-Miss-MJ

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">A joke thats been killed so many times alredi..find something else already.</div>

pull your panties out from your ass crack.

16. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

<div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">pull your panties out from your ass crack.</div>

your just begging to get embarassed by us after the heat beat you guys.

17. playmaker15

Seriously dude, the game hasn't even been played yet and that little joke was pretty lame...

18. playmaker15

Ok so Ben Wallace flops on two stupid fouls that were called on Shaq and Deng just lays out EJ and there is no call..yea and the Heat pay the refs.

Good start though, Wade needs to be more assertive though.

19. playmaker15

How did Posey get the T on the bench? For laughing? Lol these "payed officials" are totally helping the Heat out.

20. playmaker15

A no call on the goaltending by Chicago. We can't buy anything right now. Stupid fouls on Shaq and Wade not hitting his shots.