**Official S2 2009 Mock Draft v1.0**

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J_Ray, Mar 11, 2009.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Draft Gurus Unite! S2's official NBA Mock Draft is out with the crew's early thoughts of what will go down come the end of June. Come tell us what you think about our early predictions about the draft....

SportsTwo are looking to add a couple of members to our Mock Draft Crew, so if you have any interest in joining, PM J_Ray for details.

2. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Re: **Official S2 Mock Draft v1.0**

Thabeet to the Clippers?? Now I KNOW he's going to be a bust :D

3. J_Ray

Did you see his hustle yesterday when Thabeet laid out for a lose ball? That's want to right there when a 7-3 guy gets on the floor for a loose ball. Thabeet is either the next Mutumbo or the next Sene...

4. Lost One

Lost One ...

Hm, not too familiar with Beaverly. What type of player is he?

I prefer the Lakers to draft someone like Dionte Christmas, who I really like.

5. Celtic Fan

I agree, and if he does go to the bermuda clippers, I'd lean heavily towards Sene.. I mean it is the Clippers.

6. J_Ray

Beverly was a stud his frosh year @ Arkansas but went to Europe to play PG since he would of just been a SG all 4 years more than likely. Wouldn't be a bad guy to take a waiver on and try to keep him overseas to sign a vet with an extra roster spot.

Yeah, Clippers have gotten Thornton and Gordon in the last 2 drafts that have looked pretty legit so far. But the Clips have been a dead zone for draft picks

7. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

I'm hoping the Grizzlies somehow land Griffin. Jordan Hill is nice too though. Maybe we should trade Conely or Gay and draft Evans. He'll at least get butts in seats.

I don't think Hansbourgh will be a good NBA player. Undersized, unathletic power forwards who can't rebound aren't exacally something GM's are jumping on. I'd rather have Blair.

8. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Looks pretty good but I thin kJennings and Maynor will go a bit higher. I don't think Mills will go anywhere near 7, more like late 20s but I think he'll be a good pick/value there. I know Thabeet is a project but I can't see a team with Camby, Kaman, Randolph and Thornton taking another big (although I don't know their contract situations). I think Thabeet will be a bust if he's taken anywhere in the first round.

9. J_Ray

So you don't think Thabeet is worth a 1st round pick? Or did you just mean a bust if he's taken in the lotto?

10. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

I think he will go in the first round, probably in the lottery, becuase he 7'3". Hell it will probably be the Warriors who take him :sigh:. But I think that in 3 years, whatever team takes him will wish they could have that pick back, even if he goes late first round.

11. Celtic Fan

usually after the 11th to 13th pick, the draft is a total crap shoot and loads of teams whish they could redo the draft. If he drops out of the lottery and a team needs size, he's worth the risk IMO.

If he goes top 5, I think he'll be a huge disappointment. (Olowokandi anyone?)

12. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

Thabeet is really skilled defensively and pretty athletic for a guy who's 7-3. He's short range jumper has improved drastically this year too. Thabeet will be a good NBA player, count on it.

Also J Ray, you forgot about Rubio. It looks like he is going to go to the draft and I think if he does he will be the first point guard selected.

13. J_Ray

I've seen a lot of improvement from Thabeet over the years too and think he could be a poor man's Mutumbo. If Diop could make it in the league, Thabeet can be a decent back-up worse case scenario.

Didn't his agent already say that he wasn't entering until 2010?

14. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

I think I heard the opposite and most mocks I've seen have Rubio going this year. I don't know, maybe I misinterpreted it or something.

15. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Seemed like the consensus was the Rubio wouldn't be in this year's draft, then somehow people said he would. Now it seems to be back that its a longshot though I've read that his agent is trying to investigate making Rubio's contract situation with regards to his entering the draft.

16. J_Ray

FAIL.

Well here's the headline article on Hoopshype down below, I've been hearing new things every couple weeks.

Source

17. TheBloodOmen

TheBloodOmen New Member

Hasheem Thabeet will go no. 1 overall to the Thunder. They need a center, and he sure as hell is one, and will be a good one, I believe.

The Grizzlies and Kings will take Griffin and Hansborough, respectively. Griffin is an athletic freak who can do it all, and Hansborough is hard worker who refuses to quit. Griffin will go first, because of his star power, just depends on which of those teams gets the higher pick. Both need a PF though.

Stephen Curry, I believe, will go to the Washington Wizards to replace Gilbert Arenas, who I think will be traded by Washington in the offseason. Curry will have to develop into a better ball handler and passer, but he will become a scoring PG, much like Arenas is.

I also do not see Ty Lawson falling so low, or the Magic picking him if they had the chance. They need to concentrate on getting some better bigs to come off the bench, their backcourt is good as of now.

18. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Wow, I really don't know about that. To me, Griffin will be #1 regardless of if that teams needs a PF or not, he's just head and shoulders above everyone else. And Hansborough at 3? He's an undersized, unathletic PF with average skills. Yeah he's a very hard worker, but I don't think that gets you very far in the NBA, certainly not #3 in the draft. I see him as a slightly better Mark Madsen.

19. Celtic Fan

but we're pretty sure Madsen is the better dancer though right??

20. J_Ray

This just in...DeRozan isn't happy @ 14 & is improving his stock heaps. Guy has been showin' up to play lately and is looking great attacking the rim.