Official SportsTwo Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Kid Chocolate, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

2. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

So, Denny, why Rose and not Beasley?

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    The bulls need a PG, and have for the past several years. Duhon has been their best, and acknowledge as the best PG by the players and others inside the organization. He can't get the burn because of his lack of consistent scoring ability; it's like playing 3 on 5 on the offensive end when he's in the game with someone like Noah or Thomas.

Rose gives the Bulls an immediate starter at the position, and he should easily show he's the best player on the team. If management allows him to play his game and develop his full potential, he could be for us what Chris Paul has been for the Hornets.

The Bulls now are stocked at the guard position, but could use an all-purpose C or a good all-round PF to fill out the depth chart. Ironically, Miami with the 2nd pick should probably not pass on Beasley, which would make Marion redundant. The Bulls and Heat should get together and see that Hinrich solves a huge need for Miami, while Marion fills a similar need for Chicago - and dealing Marion opens the PF spot for Beasley.

4. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Marion for Hinrich??? Chicago would have to toss in at least Tyrus Thomas for that to remotely work IMO.

I'd take rose too unless Beasley is a huge surprise in workouts.

5. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Celtic Fan @ Jun 9 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Marion for Hinrich??? Chicago would have to toss in at least Tyrus Thomas for that to remotely work IMO.

I'd take rose too unless Beasley is a huge surprise in workouts.</div>

I'd be good with that. Marion's contract is near $18M, Hinrich's around $11M. Salaries need to be added to make the deal work, and Thomas would make it $18M vs. $15M which works.

Bulls:
    Rose & Hughes (Gordon/Thabo)
    Deng & Marion (Nocioni/Noah/Thabo)
    Gooden (Noah/Gray)

6. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane @ Jun 9 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Celtic Fan @ Jun 9 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Marion for Hinrich??? Chicago would have to toss in at least Tyrus Thomas for that to remotely work IMO.

I'd be good with that. Marion's contract is near $18M, Hinrich's around $11M. Salaries need to be added to make the deal work, and Thomas would make it $18M vs. $15M which works.

Bulls:
    Gooden (Noah/Gray)
    </div>

You'd have the next Tim Duncan in a backup role? WTF?

7. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Wheres the drafting being done?

8. pegs

pegs My future wife.

UH OH! What ya gonna do, Big Frame?!?!

9. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 9 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane @ Jun 9 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Celtic Fan @ Jun 9 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Marion for Hinrich??? Chicago would have to toss in at least Tyrus Thomas for that to remotely work IMO.

Bulls:
    Gooden (Noah/Gray)
    </div>

</div>

Noah? I loved the pick and I think he contributed as a rookie right away. Have you seen Gooden's numbers since acquired by the Bulls? 14PPG/9.3 RPG/1.3BPG in only 31 MPG. I see him as suited to playing the C position due to his physical size/girth.

10. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

someone make a pick haha I need to wait like 20 picks before mine!

11. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jun 9 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>UH OH! What ya gonna do, Big Frame?!?!</div>
    I picked the number one guy in the draft, thats how I roll.

12. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane @ Jun 9 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 9 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane @ Jun 9 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Celtic Fan @ Jun 9 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Marion for Hinrich“? Chicago would have to toss in at least Tyrus Thomas for that to remotely work IMO.

Bulls:
    Gooden (Noah/Gray)
    </div>

</div>

Noah? I loved the pick and I think he contributed as a rookie right away. Have you seen Gooden's numbers since acquired by the Bulls? 14PPG/9.3 RPG/1.3BPG in only 31 MPG. I see him as suited to playing the C position due to his physical size/girth.

</div>

Aaron Gray! Don't tell me you forgot about this!

Thread Title: Aaron Gray is a lottery talent.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BG7 Lavigne)</div><div class='quotemain'>vs. Bucks: 10 points (4-7 FG 2-3 FT) 6 rebounds in 16:55

vs. Mavs: 14 points (3-5 FG 8-10 FT) 10 rebounds 1 assist in 21:23

vs. Wizards: 6 points (3-7 FG) 2 rebounds 1 assist 1 block in 16:12

vs. Raptors: 14 points (4-5 FG 6-6 FT) 3 rebounds 2 assists 1 block in 20:38

Thats an average of 11 PPG (68.0 TS%) 5.3 RPG 1.0 APG 0.5 BPG in 18:47.

Per 40, that is: 23.4 PPG 11.3 RPG 2.1 APG 1.1 BPG

He has been nothing short of amazing for where he is drafted. Definitely is a steal. The thing about Gray, is that he isn't quite the same player he was at Pittsburgh. He was a fat, big center at Pitt. He's dropped his bodyfat, 11% I believe since leaving college, and is in shape, and clearly very strong.

You hear all these crappy comparisons for Gray. People are saying stuff like he's like Will Perdue, or instert random white guy...or someone who wants to go against the comparing a white guy to a white guy compares him to Brendan Haywood. None of these players look like Gray. Offensively, Aaron Gray, watching him go to work is a lot like watching Tim Duncan go to work. He has the midrange jumpshot (I think better than Duncan already even), and their back to the basket games are carbon copies. Gray limits the turnovers pretty well, and finds others for assists. Rebounding wise...a comparison is a bit hard to find. He is a little inconsistent there. He is strong and boxes out well....Eddy Curry is probably a good comparison for Gray in the rebounding department....think Gray has a better chance of improving his rebounding than Curry does, because he just seems to care more about developing an all around game. There is no comparison for Gray's defensive game really. He is strong and doesn't get backed down, making him a decent man defender. His help defense is absolute garbage though. He gets reach in fouls all the time, is slow on his rotation, it just hasn't been working too great for him so far. The good thing though, is that he is strong, and when he is fouling guys near the hoop, I have yet to see an and one that I can remember, so thats a small positive out of his poor help defense.

But Aaron Gray is definitely a steal...and definitely better than Noah imo. Bulls definitely have a legit post up option now.</div>

13. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    Mayo was Tim's first choice on lottery day, is he still the pick? Can't wait to find out. This will start to get more interesting now.

14. DynastYWarrioR6

blahhh I want to pick but I'm 25th haha

15. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    What pick are we on? And where is the friggin' forum that has the posted picks?

16. DynastYWarrioR6

its on the Official SportsTwo Mock Draft Picks Thread.

17. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

18. tim

tim Respect JPJ

From here on out, things in the mock will be interesting. Who's going to go 4?

19. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Jerryd Bayless...tough decision, personally. I know Seattle needs a point guard more than anything else. It was between him and Augustin...the size/defense thing did it for me.

20. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

Okay, just about every mock I've seen recently has those four picks, now it gets REALLY interesting. What direction will Memphis go in?