Official T-Mac Trade

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by r4shox01, Jun 21, 2004.

1. r4shox01

r4shox01 JBB JustBBall Member

Reported on Sportscenter and confirmed by Jim Gray and Steven A. Smith

Houston gets: Tracy McGrady, Juan Howard, plus players to be named

Orlando gets: Francis, Mobley, Cato, plus players to be named

2. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Besides for the fact that francis says he wont play for orlando this seems like a magic win all the way. They get an all star point guard. A potential all star 2 guard in mobely and a hard nosed player to fill the void at center in cato. Cato will provide them with what oakly provided the knicks in the 90's a guy that wont let anything go by in the paint without at least contesting it.

3. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting r4shox01:</div><div class="quote_post">Reported on Sportscenter and confirmed by Jim Gray and Steven A. Smith

Houston gets: Tracy McGrady, Juan Howard, plus players to be named

Orlando gets: Francis, Mobley, Cato, plus players to be named</div>

With francis saying he doesn't want to play for orlando I hope they don't do the deal.

4. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

nooo!! [​IMG]

I really hope we pull a deal off with the Clippers.

Please god, you already made me dumb and ugly, at least hear me out this time... :two_thumb

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Well what is Franchise gonna do? Who are we gonna trade franchise for? Now who are we gonna draft. I think now we will draft Dwight, because we have enough good players now that we can wait for Dwight to become a superstar. JD better not screw it up though.

6. Sergio

lol, he'll draft that pavel podkozine or whatever and he's gonna be a bust and it's gonna be another tragic pick...

hope not tough..

[​IMG]

7. DirtySouth

I will be happy for T-mac he will get his chance to play with a legit big man. Imagine if he is really dedicated I can't wait!!!

8. DirtySouth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">Well what is Franchise gonna do? Who are we gonna trade franchise for? Now who are we gonna draft. I think now we will draft Dwight, because we have enough good players now that we can wait for Dwight to become a superstar. JD better not screw it up though.</div>

I hope we get dwight now, if he can contribute good numbers we are playoff bound for sure.

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

I wonder if somehow we can sneak Declerq in their as players to be named. That would be great.

10. Sergio

well..so much about the clippers trade...

clippers get the #4 pick and the bobcats get the #2 and #33...

argh... [​IMG]

11. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sergio:</div><div class="quote_post">

Please god, you already made me dumb and ugly, at least hear me out this time... :two_thumb</div>

Haha, thats hillarious [​IMG] I also am dissapointed about this trade to. Orlando is in a pit now with Francis saying he refuses to play for the Magic. [​IMG]

12. GatorsowntheNCAA

Man, franchise was one of my favorite players, now I lost all respect for him, demanding trades from 2 of my fav teams. (Magic and Grizz)

13. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sixerholic:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, thats hillarious [​IMG] I also am dissapointed about this trade to. Orlando is in a pit now with Francis saying he refuses to play for the Magic. [​IMG]</div>
    I think he said that in the heat of the moment because when he signed an extension with the rockets last year he said this is the first step to doing something he always wanted to do and that is playing his entire career with one team. He has not thought it out fully yet remember he is still a young player and can be in mature at times. In the end he will get over it imo.

14. r4shox01

For all you Magic fans out there, Francis has no choice in this matter. He has no clause in his contract that will allow him to negate the trade, therefore he will be a Magic player in the next couple days. However, if this is true, look for a potential three way deal involving Indiana or Phoenix in order for Orlando to reep more benefits including potential pickups in Joe Johnson, Al Harrington, and Ron Artest.

15. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">In the end he will get over it imo.</div>

Yeah that will probably happen. However I was reminded that he was traded from Vancouver to Houston because he didn't want to play for them. Possible same scenario?

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Francis has no say in where he goes, he really needs to grow up.

Somehow, someway the Magic will need to try and move him to shooting guard. Thats where he is best fitted. He will never live up to his talents running the offense.

The reason this trade took so long was the fact Houston tried to make this a 3 way to help out Francis but they couldn't. So this is the deal thats being done.

17. r4shox01

Three-way deal is still open for debate. Indiana and Phoenix involved. Just heard from friend in Spurs organization that Spurs are interested in acquiring Francis for Ginobli and another player.

18. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

This is EXACTLY why I didn't want the Magic to get Francis. He's a cancer and will only stir trouble. Dumbmove by the Magic. THey were better off letting T-Mac go this off season and signing players with that money who actually WANT to play for us.

What a dumb, dumb, trade by the Magic. :thumbsdow

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

I still like the deal. It's still not final yet, we could possibly get some more players. I hope there's some way we can still get Marion in Orlando.

20. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

Hopefully the Bobcats draft Mobley, Cato or Howard tomorrow night. I hate hate hate this deal with all my heart. Just let T-Mac go for nothing. It's better than having a head case like Francis.