Official Trade Ideas / Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by MR_SAC_KING, Dec 15, 2004.

1. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

A Question for us Kings fans here.

Is there a player that is currently on our Roster that we could potentially trade for someone that we could use?

I'm just curious to see what we as Kings fan's who want the team to improve,have in mind if a trade was possible to get someone that we'd prefer to play in a posititon for...It's more of me being curious to seeing if there's anyone we could trade for to help the Kings better themselves.

I'm sure we have a few players here that we'd love to be rid of(perhaps Ostertag.LOL)..so anyone have any crazy ideas on who we could get rid of and who'd we get in return..wheither it actually happens or not.

<font color="green"><font size="1">Title edited-44.</font></font>

2. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I cant think of any trade that could be made or any reason to make one.The only area we have to improve in is pretty unattainable through trades for the Kings right now.Its unattainable because the Kings are a very good team right now and it would require an unnecessary compromise.In all seriousness,Ostertag is very productive in the areas we need improvement in with the few minutes he gets.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

The Kings should consider trading Bobby Jackson if they are sure that he won't re-sign. He is the only player on the team that the Kings might consider trading, but that will also attract attention by other teams in terms of quality players. I don't see any other possibility based on the roster that they have.

4. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

They need a backup 2 or 3...They don't have much to give up though except Kevin Martin or Bobby Jackson...and if they trade BJax, they'll be left without a backup PG.

5. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

considering the contracts the kings have put themselves in pretty bad situation. they would have to give up someone like bjax for any real deal and if they were to do so they better get something real good in return!

6. MR_SAC_KING

These are all very good ideas.

At this time i don't see anyone we can really trade for.We seem to have a great team,and i believe the chemistry is just right.but if anyone has a real good trade idea that there willing to entertain,lets us know.

7. GiantMidget

I just got an idea.What do you think of a deal involving peja for rashard lewis?Peja is certainly a better 3 shooter but lewis has the ability to create his own shot as well as shoot the 3.

8. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 39.3 minutes)
    Sacramento receives: SF Rashard Lewis (21.8 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 39.5 minutes)
    SG Ronald Murray (1.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 10.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +2.9 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Seattle trades: SF Rashard Lewis (21.8 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 39.5 minutes)
    SG Ronald Murray (1.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 10.5 minutes)
    Seattle receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 39.3 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -2.9 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Sacramento and Seattle being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Seattle had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exceptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I don't know if you would want to do this deal but this one would be possible.

9. MR_SAC_KING

I Really don't wanna trade Peja for anyone,but the Peja for Rashard trade isn't that bad of an idea at all.if it were to occur,the landscape of the Kings curent style wouldn't change that much.

I Wouldn't mind having Kyle Korver of the 76ers in a Kings uniform myself,but i'd think we'd have to give up too much for him myself...but it's an idea.

10. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

im not sure I would do it.. but at first look, trading stojakovic for lewis makes sense.
    lewis can grab rebounds and can shoot. the concern I have is that the last two years, since he was given a contract from seattle, he has kind of taken a backwards slide. maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

the other concern I have is how good is he at passing the ball & moving without the ball and defensive skills. I have never really had a chance to watch him play so these are things that I really dont have a good idea about.

11. GiantMidget

Wow,peja for lewis AND murray? Id be all over it if i could do it.Lewis moves fairly well without the ball from what ive seen.He can create his own shot and score every different way.However, hes playing some really good ball so far this season and i doubt seattle would be willing to give him up for peja who is great but doesnt have as many weapons as lewis.I especially couldnt see them making this deal AND giving up murray.Oh well...

12. stkf

stkf BBW Member

id like to trade DC for some depth in bench

13. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NBAFan4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">id like to trade DC for some depth in bench</div>
    you would have no defense after that.

have you some more specific ideas that you could offer? or perhaps we should take another look at Oscar Robertson too? and while we are at it.... how bout getting Pete Marrovich in here....

just saying that you want to trade DC for depth means about as much sense as dropping the two names that I did....

14. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Would Seattle even be willing to make a move right now? They do own quite the record as things currently stand, and I don't see how reshuffling their roster to include Peja would benefit their team in any facet. Besides, if anyone on that squad is going to be shipped, it's likely to be Ray Allen who's in the last year of his contract...

15. stkf

stkf BBW Member

seattle wouldnt want to trade

16. stkf

stkf BBW Member

we need some depth in our bench... getting Jimmy J back would help... also, suns might trade JJ or Q

17. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NBAFan4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">id like to trade DC for some depth in bench</div>

So whom do you have in mind for this??

If you can name a few players in this,than i think all of us would understand where you are coming from. [​IMG]

18. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NBAFan4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">we need some depth in our bench... getting Jimmy J back would help... also, suns might trade JJ or Q</div>

Joe Johnson only has 1 year left in his contract so it wouldn't make too much sense to get him knowning that we wouldn't be able to resign him after the end of the season and there is no chance that Sacramento would even look at Richardson after the massive contract that he signed in the off season. Plus, I would be hesistant to make a big trade with a team in the same division.

19. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NBAFan4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">we need some depth in our bench... getting Jimmy J back would help... also, suns might trade JJ or Q</div>

It's very unlikely QRich will get traded. For one, his contract is massive, and I don't know if any team would want to pick it up. Secondly, he's starting to find his groove offensively. He just needs to dock down on jacking up the treys. Plus, the only trade rumors I've heard about any Sun were Shawn Marion, but none of those have surfaced in a while.

20. harbingerofdoom

you could do it, the salaries match up with christie if you throw someone like erik daniels into the mix... I wouldnt do it and I cant really see petrie doing it either.