Offseason (After the Draft)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by SunnyD, Jun 29, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

PG: <span style="color:#0000FF">Billups</span> / Hunter / BlalockSG: Hamilton / Murray / Stuckey / AfflaloSF: Prince / Dupree PF: Wallace / McDyess / Maxiell / <span style="color:#0000FF">Johnson</span>C: <span style="color:#FF0000">Webber</span> / Mohammed / <span style="color:#FF0000">Davis</span><span style="color:#FF0000">-Still need to sign-</span><span style="color:#0000FF">-Signed-</span>Ideas:<strike>-Sign SF Grant Hill to MLE</strike>-Sign PG Brevin Knight to MLE<strike>-Sign G/F Morris Peterson to MLE</strike><strike>-Sign Jason Kapono to MLE</strike>-Sign SF James Posey to MLE ( :thumbdn1: )-Sign G Charlie Bell to MLE-Sign G/F Desmond Mason to MLE-Sign G/F Ruben Patterson to MLE

2. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

I think at worse if we can't find a center then Sheed would have to move to the 5 w/ either McDyess or Maxiell playing the 4 and have Mohammed back up Sheed and Amir or whoever doesn't start back up the other. HoLLa baCk

3. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

Billups/Stuckey/MurrayHamilton/AfflaloPrince/DupreeWallace/Mcdyess/Maxiell/JohnsonMohammedIdeasDon't bring Acker backLet Blalock go overseasSign Hill or Peterson with MLE, Hill first optionWith remainder of MLE or whatever get a young big man that won't cost much, That's all I pretty much see detroit doing...

4. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

<span style="color:#000000"> PG: Billups/Stuckey/AckerSG: Hamilton/Afflalo/StuckeySF: Tayshaun/PattersonPF: Maxiell/Amir/NazrC: Rasheed/Nazr/AmirIdeas:-Sign Ruben Patterson to 3.5 Mill a year for 3 seasons with MLE-Do not extend Mcdyess' contract. McDyess with Flip Murray and Lindsey Hunter make up an expiring contract of about 10 million. USE IT! On Who??*Larry Hughes? He could be a nice 6th man for us off the bench. He's only 28 years old. Cleveland overpaid for him but he's only got 3 years left on the deal..so it's not that bad. 2 years and then he's a valuable expiring.*Jason Terry? We would have to add more to a deal like this. Probably Stuckey and next years first? Heck..I'd give Mcdyess/Hunter/Stuckey/Afflalo/1st Rounder for him if we had to. We get the dream combo guard off the bench. Sorely needed bench scoring. Dallas gets some good youth..and someboy in Dyess I think they could really use. It would also allow us to play Billups and Rip 32 minutes a game...and still be able to get Terry the same if Flip could manage it.*Ricky Davis? No Secret the Wolves could be looking to rebuild. Ricky Davis and expiring who they probably won't resign. So the Pistons send Lindsey Hunter + Flip Murray who are expiring as well and then throw them Stuckey and nexy years first as well to help their youth movement. Meanwhile we can use a Acker/Ricky Davis/Amir/Mcdyess bench and go for a title.A ton of other moves I'd look to make as well...Also, I doubt Webber will be back...though I hope he will. </span>

5. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

Combs-I think you forgot Dice in your depth chart.

6. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

So basically what you guys are saying is we return the exact same team, pleasent.Joe D needs to make a move to get a more then decent center who can score down-low. I'm tired of being the lowest team in the NBA in pant scoring. We need to package a couple players (Rip/Tay) to address that center need. I'm willing to sacrifice this season to let Rodney Stuckey grow in that SG spot to have a good shot in the following year.THis off-season is going to screw us financially. Chauncey is going to command a huge contract, and the pistons aren't even a playoff team without him. He's going to want a huge deal, that will be impossible to move when Chauncey starts declining in a few years. He's going to eat the hell out of our salary. I think alot of you guys are smoking the same stuff that Joe D has been the past year.Sorry DTP, but this team is not a championship team:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Billups/Stuckey/MurrayHamilton/AfflaloPrince/DupreeWallace/Mcdyess/Maxiell/JohnsonMohammed</div>So basically we are returning the same team, with a few younger players? How big of an impact do you think the 15th and 27th pick will make...Maybe I'm the only one who wants to win a championship hear, but if we can end up with a line-up of:Billups - Stuckey - blank - Sheed - blank I'd be pretty happyBy blank at SF I mean a capable guy. Not asking for an amazing player, but an average player would do.I'll steal combs idea and say Patterson. At Center, we need a good, above average player. Sheed is NOT a post presence anymore. Maxiell is NOT an offensive presence. He at best will maybe give 15 points in a starting role. We need someone who can consistenyl get around 20 PPG at the center spot, with maybe 7-8 boards.

7. Stones

Stones BBW Member

I don't know what thread to put this in, and I didn't want to make another topic, so I'll put it here. With Hill being signed by Phoenix, MoPete is probably our next option. But will we have to use the full MLE on him? The Knicks are rumored to offer him the full MLE. There are also some other teams interested with their full MLE available. They probably have more playing time as well. If we need to do that in order to sign him, I say let him go somewhere else. After him, who are our options? Devin Brown? Desmond Mason?

8. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I don't think Rasheed Wallace would be willing to play 82 games at center, and I don't think the coaching staff would be either. It's just not his game. Plus you lose the asthetic purposes of having a 7 foot PF.

9. Bad BoY RiP 32

Now that Hill has decided to sign w/ the Run and gun suns, we must now pay attention to Peterson(of coruse after we re-sign Billups and Johnson). I am not too sure if Mo Pete will command the full mid level exception but I am hoping we can sign him somewhat cheap and the rest for Amir and/or for a center. HoLLa baCk

10. The`Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>command the full mid level exception</div>He'll definately make atleast 5 million bucks this season. If Darko can make around 8 million when he signs.

11. Bad BoY RiP 32

Now that Billups has agreed to terms, as I said we must now pay attention to Morris Peterson or some small forward. The Pistons have to be careful how they spend the rest of their remaining cap space, because if they sign a 3 they have to make room to re-sign Amir. Not to mention they must figure what they are going to do at 4/5 spots. If they can't find anything out there, I am assuming the best solution is starting Sheed at 5 and Maxiell at the 4 w/ McDyess and possibly Amir backing them up. HoLLa baCk

12. SunnyD

If Webber is back, then it will be Sheed at the 4 and Webber at the 5. If he doesn't return, I would prefer McDyess at the 5, Sheed at the 4, and then Maxiell will be first off the bench.

13. Bad BoY RiP 32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jul 8 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If Webber is back, then it will be Sheed at the 4 and Webber at the 5. If he doesn't return, I would prefer McDyess at the 5, Sheed at the 4, and then Maxiell will be first off the bench.</div>I have read that Mc Dyess would prefer to come off the bench, if anything if we can't find anything this summer why not try Sheed at the 5 w/ JMax at the 4 and of course Mc Dyess first off? HoLLa baCk

14. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

Well now Mo Pete is off the list as a free agent we should sign [​IMG]

15. SunnyD

Ruben Patterson is probably our best bet at backup SF.I wish we could make two trades this off season:Rasheed Wallace for Shawn MarionTayshuan for Camby or Nene deal (with fillers)PG: Billups / Stuckey / HunterSG: Hamilton / Afflalo / MurraySF: Marion / Patterson / DupreePF: Maxiell / McDyess / JohnsonC: Camby / Webber / SambThat team would win the title.

16. The`Dream

Good thing neither of those trades would be accepted. Maybe Tay For Nene, but neither of the others.

17. Stones

Stones BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jul 14 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ruben Patterson is probably our best bet at backup SF.I wish we could make two trades this off season:Rasheed Wallace for Shawn MarionTayshuan for Camby or Nene deal (with fillers)PG: Billups / Stuckey / HunterSG: Hamilton / Afflalo / MurraySF: Marion / Patterson / DupreePF: Maxiell / McDyess / JohnsonC: Camby / Webber / SambThat team would win the title.</div>There's no way the Suns would make that deal after asking for Sheed, Prince, and the two first rounders for Marion about a month ago. And why would Denver do that if they already have Melo? As for the SF situation, I don't see us signing anyone to be honest.

18. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jul 14 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ruben Patterson is probably our best bet at backup SF.I wish we could make two trades this off season:Rasheed Wallace for Shawn MarionTayshuan for Camby or Nene deal (with fillers)PG: Billups / Stuckey / HunterSG: Hamilton / Afflalo / MurraySF: Marion / Patterson / DupreePF: Maxiell / McDyess / JohnsonC: Camby / Webber / SambThat team would win the title.</div>Yes it would, but unfortunately those trades would never happen. Especially Sheed for Marion [​IMG]

19. SunnyD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stonesalltheway @ Jul 14 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There's no way the Suns would make that deal after asking for Sheed, Prince, and the two first rounders for Marion about a month ago. And why would Denver do that if they already have Melo? As for the SF situation, I don't see us signing anyone to be honest.</div>Oh, they asked for all four? I thought it would be a Sheed for Marion straight up deal. I guess I was wrong...KMart will be back, so that makes Nene or Camby expandable, and Prince plays great defense that Denver doesn't have on the perimeter. Put AI at the 1 and Melo at the 2, with Prince playing the 3.

20. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I really doubt Denver wants to rely on Kenyon Martin at all judging by his rocky relationship with the organization. I'm not even sure why he's still with the team. It's been no secret that the coaching staff and front office hate him.