Offseason Layout By J-Rich23

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Apr 28, 2005.

1. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

On draft day the Warriors draft Jarret Jack or Felton. With the second round pick we take Nate Robinson and Anglo Gigli (I don't like Gigli, Mullin does)Then to make room for them we do this trade:

Golden State Trade BreakdownOutgoing[​IMG]Rodney White
    6-9 SF from North Carolina-Charlotte
    5.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 11.7 minutes[​IMG]Derek Fisher
    6-1 PG from Arkansas-Little Rock
    11.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg in 30.0 minutes[​IMG]Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    4.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.8 minutesIncoming[​IMG]David West
    6-9 PF from Xavier
    6.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.4 minutes[​IMG]George Lynch
    6-8 SF from North Carolina
    3.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 21.2 minutes[​IMG]Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutesChange in team outlook: +0.3 ppg, +7.2 rpg, and <font color="#ff0000">-1.5</font> apg.
    New Orleans Trade BreakdownOutgoing[​IMG]David West
    6-9 PF from Xavier
    6.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.4 minutes[​IMG]George Lynch
    6-8 SF from North Carolina
    3.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 21.2 minutes[​IMG]Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutesIncoming[​IMG]Rodney White
    6-9 SF from North Carolina-Charlotte
    5.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 11.7 minutes[​IMG]Derek Fisher
    6-1 PG from Arkansas-Little Rock
    11.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg in 30.0 minutes[​IMG]Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    4.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.8 minutesChange in team outlook: <font color="#ff0000">-0.3</font> ppg, <font color="#ff0000">-7.2</font> rpg, and +1.5 apg.

Successful ScenarioDue to Golden State and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Our new depth charts stand as

PG: Baron Davis/ Jarret Jack Or Raymond Felton/ Nate Robinson
    SG: Jason Richardson/ Mickael Pietrus/ Calbert Cheany
    SF: Mike Dunleavy/ Mickael Pietrus/ George Lynch
    PF: Troy Murphy/ Zarko Cabarkapa/ David West/ Nikoloz Tskitshvili/ Anglo Gigli
    C: Jamaal Magloire/ Andris Biedrins

We buyout Lynch and West and do this trade after letting Skittles walk.

Golden State Trade BreakdownOutgoing[​IMG]Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutesIncoming[​IMG]Stanislav Medvedenko
    6-10 PF from Ukraine
    3.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.3 apg in 9.8 minutes[​IMG]Jumaine Jones
    6-8 SF from Georgia
    7.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.1 minutesChange in team outlook: <font color="#ff0000">-2.0</font> ppg, +1.5 rpg, and <font color="#ff0000">-1.4</font> apg.
    L.A. Lakers Trade BreakdownOutgoing[​IMG]Stanislav Medvedenko
    6-10 PF from Ukraine
    3.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.3 apg in 9.8 minutes[​IMG]Jumaine Jones
    6-8 SF from Georgia
    7.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.1 minutesIncoming[​IMG]Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutesChange in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, <font color="#ff0000">-1.5</font> rpg, and +1.4 apg.

Successful ScenarioThere were BYC players involved in this trade, so this trade is subject to the BYC provisions of the CBA. Due to Golden State and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exceptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

New depth charts

PG: Baron Davis/ Jarret Jack Or Raymond Felton/ Nate Robinson
    SG: Jason Richardson/ Mickael Pietrus/ Calbert Cheany
    SF: Mickael Pietrus/ Jumaine Jones/ Anglo Gigli
    PF: Troy Murphy/ Zarko Cabarkapa/ Anglo Gigli
    C: Jamaal Magloire/ Andris Biedrins/ Stanislav Medvedenko

IR: Anglo Gigli

What do you guys think?

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm not sure if we should draft a PG in the first round because Baron plays almost the whole game and they would want to be a starter in a year or two. I also dont know if LA would go for the Dun trade without a second rounder or swapping first rounders.

On a slightly unrelated note, do you guys have a trade checker on this site? If so, where is it? I have been looking but cant find it. Thanks in advance.

3. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not sure if we should draft a PG in the first round because Baron plays almost the whole game and they would want to be a starter in a year or two. I also dont know if LA would go for the Dun trade without a second rounder or swapping first rounders.

On a slightly unrelated note, do you guys have a trade checker on this site? If so, where is it? I have been looking but cant find it. Thanks in advance.</div>
    I think we are safe drafting a PG because we play small often so Baron plays SG or PG while Jack, Felton or Robinson plays PG or SG. I think the Lakers do this because they have a PF again. Dunleavy isn't listed as one, but he is real good as the PF for teams. But we could throw in a pick here.

No JBB does not have a trade checker. Only RealGM does. At least that I know of. But with each upgrade on JBB, something pretty comes in [​IMG]

4. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

I seriously doubt that either trade will happen.

First, Hornets won't do that trade. Entire reason why they dumped Davis is because they wanted to dump salary and rebuild. They won't fill those free money on Fisher and Foyle.

Second, I won't trade Dunleavy for both marginal back ups. Slava won't solve any of our problems such as PF/C defense, rebounding or inside defense presence. And, Jones isn't worth trading for Dunleavy...

5. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">I seriously doubt that either trade will happen.

First, Hornets won't do that trade. Entire reason why they dumped Davis is because they wanted to dump salary and rebuild. They won't fill those free money on Fisher and Foyle.

Second, I won't trade Dunleavy for both marginal back ups. Slava won't solve any of our problems such as PF/C defense, rebounding or inside defense presence. And, Jones isn't worth trading for Dunleavy...</div>
    Well New Orleans needs a PG bad, so I can see them doing the trade. Magloire for Fisher or Foyle by themself would never happen and they need a backup PF like White. I think the Dunleavy trade is nice because, Slava is a good backup and could have a good year for us. Jones is a great back-up and I think it is time for Pietrus to start because he is a good scorer and defender and in the offseason, he could develop some passing skills. The passing and rebounding wilol not match Dun's, but Pietrus actually plays D

6. Run BJM

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew RealGM had one but i was wondering if you personnally posted the pictures etc in the trades that you post because i dont recall RealGM having pics with the trades. Maybe its since they implemented the new layout.

7. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

NO need everything including PG. With Speedy and Dickau in there roster, PG is actually not the most desperate place they need to fill. And, if they are, they can always draft the PG with their pick, instead of accepting old, overpaid, and not necessary better player than what they have, by trading their best and the hardest position player, while accepting yet another overpaid C. Besides, they are rebuilding, so they will have number of holes. They won't try to fill their holes desperately.

I will be the first one how we can't afford signing Dunleavy. But, that doesn't mean I want to dump him for basically nothing. Slava is virtually worse version of Murphy, and we can pick up back up SF with little bit of luck. I am sure we can fatch better package. Besides, we will most likely use 9 men rotation, and getting a 1 for 2 means one guy will warm up the bench...

8. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

1. Problems w/ the draft part

New Orleans is planning to solve their PG problem through the draft, probably. As Kwan noted, they also have Speedy for another year and are looking to re-sign Dickau (check out the NO forum).

I would not draft Jack that high (#9). He's a solid defender but it'd be like drafting Chris Duhon at #9...a bit early. Not only that, he doesn't even fit in the Warriors offensive sets that well. We could easily trade down for him, I think.

Felton on the other hand, would be a good pick up. I think he'll be gone though, unless trades occur.

2. Trade problems
    As was said, NO doesn't want our scrubs for Magloire. A more likely trade would have to include Dunleavy and/or draft picks for Magloire. Further, as Kwan noted, that's a loser trade to LA. Have to equalize the talent on both sides in both trades.

P.S. I'd love to draft Gigli if he was available in the second round at either of our picks. We could leave him in Europe and he would just sit there and gain value, or we could bring him over now. He needs serious weight training, though.

9. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

That LA trade is horrible. We held out trading Dunleavy for Baron Davis but we'll dump him for 2 scrubs? Worst trade I've heard in a while.

10. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Heh, don't take it personally Jrich23, because any proposed trades are bound to draw criticism and potentially be hammered, especially if you don't explain where you're coming from and how it makes sense for the W's and the other teams.

Especially the Laker trade that includes Slava? I don't mind adding Jumaine Jones if we don't give up anything (like Calbert Cheaney/Rodney White for Jumaine Jones), but giving up 1/2 of Dun-Dun for Slava? Even the Lakers fans hate him. He's a no defense, ballhogging, blackhole that's equally or worse than having Rodney White missing 5 or more shots in a row without even looking to pass. Plus, Los Angeles doesn't need any more forwards. If you look at their roster, they still have Caron Butler, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, Devean George with Kobe big enough to play some forward.

The New Orleans trade is just plain horrible and it would only happen if Allan Bristow was purposely trying to be mean to his own Hornets. And like Kwan mentioned, with the Baron Davis trade/Jamal Mashburn trade, all Allan Bristow wanted was to clear salary cap and get those two max players off the books. They didn't even care about getting draft picks. With giving them some hefty, lengthy contracts in Foyle, Fisher it totally goes against what they tried to do last year in unloading Davis and Mashburn's contract for expiring contracts.

Why do you think W's fans were so initially mad at Mullin for making Foyle/Fish his first offseason moves after giving away Antwan Jamison for practically nothing the season before? It was to get expiring contracts and to clear salary ca.... Okay now I get where you're coming from [​IMG]
    I don't think it's going to happen though. The Hornets have at least made the playoffs within the last decade.

11. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Somehow the stats seem to have gotten scrambled,however,while Nate Robinson as a rd 2 is a good one,I'd be looking at a F or F/G type with the 9th pick. Felton is a legit top 10,Jack isn't. I might be interested in Cook from LA,Jones has ups and downs,but is a decent player. The N Orleans deal,as others noted would not fit the Hornuts master plan. Magliore has never been a big favorite of mine,though if the price is right,he's okay. If I got Magliore,it would be to package him for a big man I like better.

12. Custodianrules2

F/G with the 9th pick... let me guess, Rerem, Danny Granger? That's kinda high for him, don't you think? I wouldn't mind trading down for him and in addition give up all second rounders for a future first pick or an additional first round (mid to late) from some other team. This way you can have your fix of Ike Diogu at #13 and #15 through #18 pick shot at Danny Granger and a future pick later on if somebody really wants a certain player at our #9. Wolves will probably want Granger so if you can't get him, how about keeping the earliest second rounder for Hodge and additional late first rounder for Rodney White (teams lacking scoring punch from small forward/power forward positions). This could possibly get Salim Stoudamire at late first round or if we can swap for the early second rounders for our later second rounders.

Second rounders might come in handy since you don't have to guarantee their salaries. If we take on more salary by adding a first rounder, he better be darn good, which is why I hope we don't get more than one first round pick and we use the #9 on Splitter.

So many options I love the draft [​IMG]

13. Run BJM

Splitter will cost even more because of his buyout. I think he'll drop at the last second.

14. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Splitter's buyout isn't a problem for any teams. The simple fact that he has an affordable buyout is enough to prove that he's likely to be drafted. The problem with foreign players under contract comes when you have a player who has a contract that's more than the rookie scale or a player who simply does not have a buyout. Those players have to get their teams / agents to negotiate for them, and altering contracts is something that is very difficult - obviously one side does not want any alterations while the other is asking for a major one, and usually has all the leverage.

Splitter's buyout is expensive, it's not the Warrior's problem. The Warriors and every team are limited to contributing to a buyout. Buyouts are really more of a player's problem - they determine if a player wants to declare and risk having to take substantial loans to pay their buyout while on the rookie scale, taking all of their cash. For Splitter this isn't a problem because he will get drafted in the first round and thus get at least a guaranteed $3 million for being drafted. The higher he goes, the more he gets. At #9, he'd earn about $1.5 million in his first year and $5 million total over three years. I believe his buyout is around $1-2 million, which is obviously large, but enough for him to pay off from his salary and loans.

Long story short, I don't think his buyout is a problem for where he's getting drafted. He'll be hurting, but the team that gets him won't. If he goes higher, he'll have more cash, too.

15. Run BJM

Oh. So its mostly Splitter and his agent's problem and not the Warriors? I didn't know that. Also i was thinking the buyout was like 12 mil. He is probably my secind favorite big in this draft and perhaps the most upsided.

16. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

No chance the Hornets would even consider that deal.

17. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

I agree with Banks 100%. Those trades are very unlikely. The Hornets really wouldn't bite on that.

CR2, I too believe that Golden State will prosper from the pool of talent available where they stand in the order. Should be a great draft for them this year.
    I look forward to the draft, can't wait to see who selects who. [​IMG]

18. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, the trades do not make sense. I cant wait for the draft. I am hoping for someone like Green or a good back up PG and trading Dunleavy and fisher or Foyle for a decent defending PF/C...

19. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">F/G with the 9th pick... let me guess, Rerem, Danny Granger? That's kinda high for him, don't you think? I wouldn't mind trading down for him and in addition give up all second rounders for a future first pick or an additional first round (mid to late) from some other team. This way you can have your fix of Ike Diogu at #13 and #15 through #18 pick shot at Danny Granger and a future pick later on if somebody really wants a certain player at our #9. Wolves will probably want Granger so if you can't get him, how about keeping the earliest second rounder for Hodge and additional late first rounder for Rodney White (teams lacking scoring punch from small forward/power forward positions). This could possibly get Salim Stoudamire at late first round or if we can swap for the early second rounders for our later second rounders.

Second rounders might come in handy since you don't have to guarantee their salaries. If we take on more salary by adding a first rounder, he better be darn good, which is why I hope we don't get more than one first round pick and we use the #9 on Splitter.

So many options I love the draft [​IMG]</div>
    IF,and I think it's a big if,Diogu is going to last to #20,as some mocks think,a trade down for the Nugs 2 rd 1's around picks 20-23 could be sweet,then Dunleavy+White go back to NC for the pick the Bobcats rd 1 that's about #13. Packaging the rd 2's,we move up to the top of rd 2 for Dwayne Jones.
    The 3 rd 1 picks get us Danny Granger ,Ike Diogu,Salim Stoudamire.

I'd audition some undrafted or CBA/NBDL point G's,for low cost depth,unless anyone likes Fish enough to take on his contract. Playing time for a lotery type point,behind 2 under contract veterans would be scarce. Salim's shooting touch is enough to win him some minutes and both spots. He has some pg tools now,will learn more. He also has a real quickness edge on a lot of players. If we did move Fish,a budget FA/undrafted sleeper + Salim woul be okay backup.
    If Fish were to go,and Cheaney,I'd look at Casey Jacobson as an affordable 2 Guard. If we can't get Jones rd 2,then Hodge probably is the best Rd 2,and we're covered at G,but might want to see if there is a #3 Center worth signing up.....Sun Ming Ming?????

The problem with this scenario is that I am expecting Diogu and Granger to go earlier than mocks like NBA Draft.Net think. I see Diogu possibly gone before slot 10. I think Jones could move up into round 1 also. Therefore this is a real optimists scenario.
    Adding Diogu,Granger,Jones would tend to give improved depth,versatility,rebounds,and D. S Stoudamire is very quick and as good of a perimeter shooter as I have seen in several years. Not needing to give Dunleavy a substantial contract soon,can be a plus for $ issues.

20. Custodianrules2

R, You may be on to something with the Bobcats giving up their #13 for a North Carolina, Duke or North Carolina State product (This was a team contemplating taking on Christian Laetner). I doubt Mullin will give up Dunleavy, but he might be giving up Rodney White. His game would probably flourish knowing he's probably going to be one of the best scorers on the Bobcat team. The one thing that might ruin it all is if Charlotte drafts SF Marvin Williams, then they have no need for either Dunleavy or White. Hope that Charlotte drafts Chris Paul, rather than re-sign Brevin Knight, then they'll need a small forward with shooting touch and that's where I think something could happen.

Let's think demand for small forwards:

Milwaukee - (can't think of a plausible trade unless it's a 3 way trade)

New Orleans - (if they draft Bogut, they might loosen up on trading either of their starting big men, most likely PJ Brown who can still be a great double doubles guy if Murphy goes down again - 2 years left on contract at 8 mil a year and can be used as trade bait in the final year), then that leaves some room to work some small forward deals in or converting our #9 this season to later picks or future picks and we could also plan a rescue mission for Speedy Claxton if the W's can sell Derek Fisher as veteran leadership. I don't particularly remember Speedy being an effective bench player as he is a starter, but we'll be rid of Derek Fisher's monstrous contract. Besides, J.R. Smith could use a mentor even if they don't draft Paul, who is supposed to be a natural born leader.

New York - (Three way trade)

Orlando - Maybe trade Dunleavy/Fisher for Jameer Nelson, Hidayet Turkogolu? Nah, problem is the Turkoglu contract is practically same length as Fisher's, but Hedo's younger (26 years old), has more versatility (pg/sg/sf/pf), can perform under pressure, good floor vision, can defend and make a fine spark off the bench or glue guy as starter... More or less the same as what Dunleavy can provide. Jameer Nelson is the pure point with some comparrisons drawn to how Speedy Claxton can break down defenses, but has more court vision, better passing and scoring like kind of like Jay Williams. Again, Warriors will be kicking themselves if players we trade come back to be better than projected.

La Clippers - Not sold on trading for Bobby Simmons with Jr., but there's a couple of players that are interesting. There's Marko Jaric (sign and trade, but that would take away playing time from Pietrus)
    and maybe former Lakers Derek Fisher might be something they would be interested in if they let Marko Jaric walk. If we ever give up Pietrus, I'd want somebody like Elton Brand or Corey Maggette to drown the sorrows. And that's asking too much from the point of view of Clippers fans even if we offer future picks (because then we won't have early lottery type picks to offer). Clippers owner Donald Sterling may like it, though.

C: Troy Murphy or some trade involving the Jazz for Curtis Borchardt (doubt they'll take Foyle + extra picks, but maybe, given their defensive woes)
    PF: Elton Brand (allstar)/Biedrins
    SF: Zarko Cabarkapa/Pietrus
    SG: Jason Richardson (will be an allstar)
    PG: Baron Davis (allstar)

... only in a dream.

Minnesota
    Dunleavy for KG. Just kidding. Most likely the Twolves have had enough of Wallyworld's ballhogging and soft defense and large/lengthy contract as well as well as Latrell Spreewell. They also need some help in the point guard department. Although Wallyworld is technically an allstar because of his amazing fg%'s, the guy is such a black hole on offense, and he's pretty one dimensional as a player. I doubt the Warriors ever bite on taking him, especially after he called the Warriors a bunch of clowns a couple years ago. I can't really think of anything that works for both sides because the Twolves don't have much talent around them that isn't questionable. I would do Fisher for high basketball IQ Sam Cassell though (probably will get blown away on defense worse than Fisher though, but he's got a short contract, and he's pretty clutch himself). I would consider in taking Ndudi Ebi + one of their second rounders for Dunleavy, though.

Indiana
    Larry Bird has had in an interest in Mike Dunleavy, Jr for his all around skill. I think by now Bird is also prepared to deal Jonathan Bender before his value gets any worse. Bender has two years left on his contract at 7 to 8 mils. Chris Mullin has made it no secret that he tried to pursue Jonathan Bender and his vast potential to be a dominant Dirk Nowitzki like forward. Personally, I don't think it's worth it because of Bender's injuries and the fact that Jrich, Murphy and Bdiddy run the show, but Mullin might pull for a trade if Indiana gives up something else. Bender also plays soft defense considering he's a pretty athletic dude.

Boston
    The Celtics have some pretty awesome versatilty, especially if they re-sign Antoine Walker. They still have guys like Mark Blount/Raef La Frentz that can play either PF or C. They have Ricky Davis/Paul Pierce that can play small forward or shooting guard. They have Antoine Walker that can play small forward or power forward and some point at duty. Tony Allen looks impressive. Delonte West looks like a pretty decent combo guard. Al Jefferson/Kendrick Perkins has some impressive footwork with size at PF (How many PF's does Boston have??). There's plenty of trade opportunities to explore if Danny Ainge feels he needs a true small forward of Dunleavy's skill or our draft pick to use for getting a point guard (Jarret Jack or whoever falls). Boston is in a potentially cap heavy situation if they do re-sign Antoine Walker, since they only have Rick Fox as Cap relief.
    I would love to get Mark Blount and maybe one of the HS power forwards. La Frentz would be a good option, but his contract just plain stinks. Paul Pierce is one of my favorite Oakland ballers, but even if he was offered for Jason Richardson, I hope Mullin wouldn't do it. I hope the W's do as much as possible to keep the balance of team chemistry with future financial responsibility in mind.

Sacramento
    Peja has a player option on his 2006-2007 year. Just might be worth taking a shot at even though Peja has a lot more value than what we're offering (Dunleavy, future picks, Foyle or Fish or maybe Zarko). Peja's probably got more value to a team where somebody gets double teamed a lot, but he'll undoubtedly take away touches from whoever is out on the floor. The plus side is he'll bury a lot of shots when left wide open and all alone. Probably better to trade him to the East like a team like Indiana where they can get somebody like Ron Artest (even though he's a team cancer and loses his mind at times), or get some small forward talent and a pick from LA or get George Karl to cough up Carmelo Anthony. This is all contingent on Peja expressing his desire to opt out. Also the Bulls might love him if they offer Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Tyson Chandler combinations.

Who knows what the Kings can get for Mobley who is 30 years old I think. Nene from the Nuggets? Something from Cleveland? A draft pick from Portland?