Offseason moves

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by BrianWestbrook, Mar 21, 2007.

1. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

Honestly, I think so far they're doing a decent job. They've addressed alot of their needs, except the big one at LB. The problem is they have so many holes to fill for the future. Dawkins isn't getting any younger, and I don't think Mikell and Considine are the answer. So with the draft approaching, what should the Eagles do?

Linebacker- I think this is their #1 priority, I just don't think the draft is the answer. Unless Puz or Willis falls to the Eagles, I don't think their is much that will improve the LB core immediatly. Gathier proved that he has some talent, and Gocong has amazing potential. McCoy blows, so out of those 3 and Trotter, the LB core is lacking big time.

Safety- We need to get Dawkins replacement, this year. If not, we need to bring in someone to at least compete with Considine. This defense needs a great safety to work right. Someone who can make the big play but still keep his head straight. Landry would be nice, but I doubt the Eagles could grab him. I wouldn't mind Griffin or Piscitelli really, but Piscitelli doesn't seem to be that great in coverage, which is what they need.

Running Back- I was all for re-signing Buckhalter, but I still wanted to grab Dayne or Dillon. Mahe is terrible, and now that we signed Bethel Johnson and Bloom is coming back, there's no reason to waste a roster spot on Mahe. He may have a decent return average, but he's never returned a punt or kick for a TD. We went from Brian Mitchell, to Brian Westbrook, to the slowest return man I've ever seen. Cut him and draft Tony Hunt, if he falls to the late 2nd round. Doubtful, but I can hope.

Any comments? I can't be totally disapointed so far in this offseason. I just think they might be relying on the draft a bit too much.

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I questioned the resigning of Feeley but that is a personal issue. I would have no problem if they axed Mahe who played at BYU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BW)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just think they might be relying on the draft a bit too much.</div>
    There are some phins fans (myself included) who think the Eagles draft emphasis approach is the right way to go. They did get Howard and Kearse via FA and they've worked out okay.

Curious to know what the status/progress of Broderick Bunkley is?

3. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

im pissed that they didnt re sign Stallworth, but hey, ill take curtis any day.

4. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Curious to know what the status/progress of Broderick Bunkley is?</div>
    They're very hush-hush when it comes to Bunkley, mainly because of his screwups last season. But he will be back, and as long as he doesn't miss any buses/planes this offseason I think you'll start seeing alot more of him, especially since I think Darwin Walker has had some trade rumors circulating him. They're very big on Patterson, and I think they still expect alot out of Bunkley, and so do I.

5. brewpubzone

brewpubzone nfl-*****s member

I've liked what they have done in recent past more with the free agents than the draft. It seems like there's a better sense of how the player will perform. I agree attention needs to be given to those spots. I'd like to see a big back be brought in, especially for those short yardage scenarios.