Offseason plan by Run BJM

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, May 1, 2005.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Offseason plan by Run BJM *UPDATE on Bottom of p.4*

Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Derek Fisher
    6-1 PG from Arkansas-Little Rock
    11.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg in 30.0 minutes

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutes
    Incoming

Lamond Murray
    6-7 SF from California
    6.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.8 minutes

Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    14.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 6.4 apg in 34.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -5.0 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Lamond Murray
    6-7 SF from California
    6.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.8 minutes

Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    14.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 6.4 apg in 34.0 minutes
    Incoming

Derek Fisher

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +5.0 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

We also swap our #9 pick for their #7. We get a good backup PG that is also insurance for Baron and an expiring contract who would back up Pietrus at the 3. Toronto gets a solid veteran PG who brings leadershi and outside shooting and a young, expiring contract, SF who can pass and shoot.

In the draft we take Splitter at 7, Nate Robinson at 40, and Gigli at 42.

05-06 Lineup:
    PG: Baron/Alston/Robinson
    SG:Richardson/Cheany/Pietrus
    SF:Pietrus/Murray/Gigli
    PF:Murphy/Chabarkapa/Splitter
    C:Foyle/ Biedrins/Splitter

What do you guys think?

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

I like your picks in the draft, but I'd never take Alston. Too much of a cancer

3. Run BJM

I think Baron might shut him up. Maybe not, but he can ball so I dont have much of a problem.

4. Run BJM

Or if it tickles your fancy more, another trade that worked was Fish and Dun to Clevland for Snow and Gooden. The only problems with this are Cleveland has no draft picks, I'd rather have Fish than Snow, and would Gooden or Murph start. But we get a good athletic PF and a solid backup PG while Cleveland gets veteran leadership, outside shooting, and lots of ball movement.

5. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

This is one I'd rather do

Golden State Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
    [​IMG]
    Rodney White
    6-9 SF from North Carolina-Charlotte
    5.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 11.7 minutes
    [​IMG]
    Derek Fisher
    [​IMG]
    Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    4.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.8 minutes

Incoming
    [​IMG]
    David West
    6-9 PF from Xavier
    6.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.4 minutes
    [​IMG]
    George Lynch
    6-8 SF from North Carolina
    3.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 21.2 minutes
    [​IMG]
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +0.3 ppg, +7.2 rpg, and <font color="#ff0000">-1.5</font> apg.

New Orleans Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
    [​IMG]
    David West
    6-9 PF from Xavier
    6.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.4 minutes
    [​IMG]
    George Lynch
    6-8 SF from North Carolina
    3.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 21.2 minutes
    [​IMG]Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes

Incoming

[​IMG]
    Rodney White
    6-9 SF from North Carolina-Charlotte
    5.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 11.7 minutes
    [​IMG]
    Derek Fisher
    [​IMG]
    Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    4.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: <font color="#ff0000">-0.3</font> ppg, <font color="#ff0000">-7.2</font> rpg, and +1.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Mostly because we get a center. We can throw in the 42 pick and draft Felton with 9 and Gigli with the 40.

PG: Baron Davis/ Raymond Felton
    SG: Jason Richardson/ Mickael Pietrus/ Calbert Cheany
    SF: Mike Dunleavy/ Mickael Pietrus/ Zarko Cabarkapa
    PF: Troy Murphy/ Zarko Cabarkapa/ Anglo Gigli
    C: Jamaal Magloire/ Andris Biedrins/ Nikoloz Tsktishvili

New Orleans does it because Dickau wants to go to a team like Cleavland and they want him so he will go there. It's the same trade in my offseason plan but very intruiging

6. Run BJM

Do you mind if i ask how you get trades to be successful with BYC players? I dont know what BYC does to a contract when it is in a trade. I thought it was that it cut the contract in half but still no tradwes work.

7. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you mind if i ask how you get trades to be successful with BYC players? I dont know what BYC does to a contract when it is in a trade. I thought it was that it cut the contract in half but still no tradwes work.</div>I just try to match up the contracts by dividing the BYC players contracs in half and add in fillers to match it all up

8. Run BJM

Is there a minimum amount of players that must be involved?

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Jrich23 has a good method in the majority of cases because to get FULL BYC (base year compensation) players to go through, you have to take back twice the value of the contract you're trying to trade. It can be done, but it's hard.

In Full BYC,
    Outgoing - from our team: because of the BYC player being traded, the value of the contract is set at 50% of the total value of the contract being traded

Incoming - to our team: the value of the incoming player we get is roughly the outgoing BYC player's contract.

Overall, the entire scenario has to meet the 15% rule, plus 100k rule, for teams over the cap or the team with cap space must be willing to take on the additional amount of salary that they have room for.

Plus you never know if any of these trade simulators like RealGM's trade checker know the real details in a contract like for instance, 15% trade kickers that say if you deal this guy to another team they're owned an additional percentage more of what they earn.

10. Custodianrules2

Okay, I got a problem with that New Orleans trade, Jrich23.

Why would they want Foyle, Fisher after their whole plan was to dump big contracts?

Adonal Foyle is 2 or 3 mil of making what Erick Dampier makes.

Fisher is paid the full MLE and is paid like a regular starter.

It doesn't make sense unless the plan for New Orleans is to bring stability to the roster and their projected rebuilding plan will take at least 3 years for the team to become good again. I mean why give up Jamaal Magloire?

11. Custodianrules2

I think the Toronto trade makes more sense because they get rid of Alston, who has been known to be a headache, we take on a small forward they don't really want that plays zero defense (short contract, though), we dump Fisher's contract, and we get a higher pick as a result of Dunleavy being traded. The Raptors get some more lockerroom presence and a small forward that can create his own shot and move the ball and won't suck as hard as Lamond Murray on any kind of D.

The Warriors aren't necessarily in the state of rebuilding, but we prolong having to re-sign a guy that could take away from re-signing either Pietrus or Zarko Cabarkapa. There's no leverage to re-sign them if we can't keep the lineups somewhat open. If the team is winning, might even be able to keep our versions of Manu Ginobili (Zarko) and Ricky Davis (Pietrus) for a decent price off the bench or as options to play as starter to give the other guys a rest during the regular season. At #7 draft we might have a shot at some good talent that could start sooner than we think, due to Baron Davis and Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy already being established players.

Alston wouldn't mind coming off the bench, I think, he just wants to win.

We would need a solid catch and shooter though. I think Fisher was the best guy at that, that could also defend slower, perimeter guys. I guess Lamond Murray will have to fight for minutes when we do need that, but Pietrus looks pretty good on his form and same with Zarko.

It's to be considered, but I'm not sold on the Toronto trade either because I don't even know who we can get at #7 because Portland, Milwaukee just are huge question marks. Portland could go for a center and try to trade Theo Ratliff/Ha Seung Jin/Joel Pryzbilla or they could draft a shooting guard like Gerald Green. Milwaukee just plain needs everything and they might go for Tiago Splitter, Gerald Green or Raymond Felton if they don't believe TJ Ford will be durable enough to make it an entire season and if Mo Williams will ever improve his decision making or his shooting to be make the most out of his playmaking abilities and floor vision. Defensively, Mo Williams is also pretty soft and re-signing Michael Redd doesn't help. Soft backcourt will lead to a lot of points given up.

12. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I dont see anyone taking Foyle or Fisher until they either start playing really well or they are at least 2 years away from their contracts expiring. Sorry guys...

13. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Jrich23 has a good method in the majority of cases because to get FULL BYC (base year compensation) players to go through, you have to take back twice the value of the contract you're trying to trade. It can be done, but it's hard.

In Full BYC,
    Outgoing - from our team: because of the BYC player being traded, the value of the contract is set at 50% of the total value of the contract being traded

Incoming - to our team: the value of the incoming player we get is roughly the outgoing BYC player's contract.

Overall, the entire scenario has to meet the 15% rule, plus 100k rule, for teams over the cap or the team with cap space must be willing to take on the additional amount of salary that they have room for.

Plus you never know if any of these trade simulators like RealGM's trade checker know the real details in a contract like for instance, 15% trade kickers that say if you deal this guy to another team they're owned an additional percentage more of what they earn.</div>
    I really don't have a method. I just try to match up contracts. Before I learned the BYC splits a contract in half during a trade, I could not figure out what to do. But you put it very well Custodian

14. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont see anyone taking Foyle or Fisher until they either start playing really well or they are at least 2 years away from their contracts expiring. Sorry guys...</div>
    Fisher is what New Orleans thinks they need. Leadership. Byron Scott didn't get it out of B-Diddy because he was not happy, but I think Fisher would fit Scott pretty well. Foyle is great defensively and they can get a FA and have Foyle be a back-up for them.

15. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">Fisher is what New Orleans thinks they need. Leadership. Byron Scott didn't get it out of B-Diddy because he was not happy, but I think Fisher would fit Scott pretty well. Foyle is great defensively and they can get a FA and have Foyle be a back-up for them.</div>

Fisher is also what we thought we needed and you know how that all ended up for us. Why would NO want him, seriously? If he was that great why would we trade him? Foyle is solid on defense, not great, but good. Foyle also is a very expensive back up. Tell me, would you want him as a back up to say Biedrens? Then why would you trade him??

16. Custodianrules2

More importantly, why give up Jamal Magloire? The guy only averages a double double, is solid on both ends and has the highly coveted, rare footwork not seen in most NBA big men. If I'm New Orleans, I would block Chris Mullin's office from calling. I would have to at least be asking for Troy Murphy. The swap for talent is nowhere close to what we're offering and the contracts we're handing over are horrible.

17. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Fisher is also what we thought we needed and you know how that all ended up for us. Why would NO want him, seriously? If he was that great why would we trade him? Foyle is solid on defense, not great, but good. Foyle also is a very expensive back up. Tell me, would you want him as a back up to say Biedrens? Then why would you trade him??</div>
    Why I say that is that NO has no one to lead them. We did when we got him. On a team like New Orleans he could do very good, he has the shot and can pass and on a team like New Orleans he would do good mentoring their young guys like J.R Smith. Also Speedy will probably stay so they will have a good idea of playing together.

18. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">More importantly, why give up Jamal Magloire? The guy only averages a double double, is solid on both ends and has the highly coveted, rare footwork not seen in most NBA big men. If I'm New Orleans, I would block Chris Mullin's office from calling. I would have to at least be asking for Troy Murphy. The swap for talent is nowhere close to what we're offering and the contracts we're handing over are horrible.</div>
    I'd do it. If we could offer Murphy and give Dunleavy PF with Pietrus Sf, we would run and gun.

19. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">Why I say that is that NO has no one to lead them. We did when we got him. On a team like New Orleans he could do very good, he has the shot and can pass and on a team like New Orleans he would do good mentoring their young guys like J.R Smith. Also Speedy will probably stay so they will have a good idea of playing together.</div>

I'm telling you if I was the GM for NO I would not take Fisher or Foyle unless they added some talent like Murphy, Dunleavy, or Pietrus. I would not mind adding Murphy for Magloire, but not Pietrus. I'm sure Fisher and Speed as starting PGs is not what they would want either. Again, how did it work out for us?

20. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm telling you if I was the GM for NO I would not take Fisher or Foyle unless they added some talent like Murphy, Dunleavy, or Pietrus. I would not mind adding Murphy for Magloire, but not Pietrus. I'm sure Fisher and Speed as starting PGs is not what they would want either. Again, how did it work out for us?</div>
    The Murphy idea is a good one. You were saying how the Speedy/ Fisher thing was not good, it was a good one two punch. The thing is that Speedy out did Fisher in every aspect except shooting. But they could go small

PG: Speedy
    SG: Fish
    SF: J.R. Smith
    PF: P.J Brown
    C: Adonal Foyle