Oh....my...damn!!!

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Feb 6, 2009.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Peterson Wants To Bulk Up 10 Pounds
    Star Tribune - 02/05 - 11:07 AM ESTAdrian Peterson said he will work to improve pass protection and running routes over the offseason, while trying to bulk up from 218 pounds to about 225 or 230 without losing speed.

"That would be pretty nice. I don't think too many guys would be excited to see me at 230 two times a year," he said.

Peterson said the extra weight will help him endure the long season and make him "more explosive."

LINK: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/39115917.html?page=3&c=y
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you imagine "AD" running with an extra 10 pounds of muscle?!? Holy frickin' crap!!! He's already a beast...he would be damn near unstoppable!!! It almost isn't fair!!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    I love how the Vikings have barely even tried to get a quarterback ever since Peterson has proven himself a star (day one, pretty much).

I mean, this is a team that should definitely be in the NFC title game regularly, but the retarded GM insists on using dipshits like Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte at QB, who ruin everything and botch the easiest plays. Peterson only has so much time, he's a bruiser and he had some injury trouble in college. Who knows if/when that will flare up again.

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    I'm completely with you on that...if you check the Vikings Forum...I've posted several times on Minnesota's lack of effort to get a serious QB...with the team as it is...with a good QB they would be a very tough team and able to be a tough matchup for any team.

I'm sick and tired of the Tavaris Jackson experiment....true he has potential, but we're a contenting team RIGHT NOW with a good QB...why wait around for his inconsistent ass?!? It makes no sense to me.

As for "AD" the extra weight (if put on correctly) will only help him out, due to his style. It will allow him to take a better pounding. Not to mention if Minnesota gets a QB that will keep defenses honest and make them respect the passing game, Peterson won't be running into 8-9 man fronts...which is the main problem. Any player would be worn down if they were forced to run into 8-9 man fronts on a consistant basis. Just the fact "AD" was able to lead the league in rushing despite that, shows how great he can become!

All 'Sota needs is a QB to stretch the opposition's D and the Vikings' offense will be tough to stop!

But your right, until Childress and his collection of clip board toting chimps deicide to swallow thier pride and admit that TJ is not the way to move forward....the team is in for more shit and inconsistency

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

So he thinks hes going to gain 10-12 lbs and run at the same speed? I've got a bridge in NY I'd like to sell him....

5. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    I don't think it would be that hard...if you look at his frame...it's rather slender and he is about 6-2...so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility

6. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    The Minneapolis Star Tribune's Access Vikings blog has speculated that Tarvaris Jackson will not be the Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback when the team opens training camp.

During a recent radio appearance, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter listed the Vikings, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Detroit Lions as the three most likely trade destinations for Matt Cassel, who recently signed a franchise tender offer for $14.65 million with the New England Patriots. The Star Tribune's Judd Zulgad opines that the Patriots would likely want draft picks in return for the man that saved their 2008 season.

If the team is not able to land Cassel, they could look to some of the available free agent quarterbacks such as Jeff Garcia, Kerry Collins or Rex Grossman.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

7. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

When I read that list of QB's I chuckled.

8. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Damn....I thoughtthe same thing. If the dropoff is that steep, the Vikes really need to make a Cassel trade happen