oh wow, I'm starting to really like Bellinelli

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by upsidedownside7, Jul 6, 2007.

1. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

The Summerleague squad sounds good and fun.

Lasme can shoot from the mid range according to Keith Smart. He is sounding like he may become a nice player.

Last season the Warriors got a big boost from the bench and reserves such as Pietrus, Barnes, Ellis, and Biedrins. With Jason gone and perhaps Pietrus and Barnes not returning, the team will probably be depending on many of these players to step it up to help push this team into playoff contention.

I like the Marco-Reggie Miller analogy Keith Smart used (probably because that is one of the players that I saw when seeing the Marco clips [​IMG] ).

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

4. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

I saw Lasme twice in NIT action, and despite his size, the dude is a beast. He handled Jermario Davidson when they played, and he's a hell of a defender and shot-blocker.

5. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">XSV Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I saw Lasme twice in NIT action, and despite his size, the dude is a beast. He handled Jermario Davidson when they played, and he's a hell of a defender and shot-blocker.</div>

Good to hear! That's exactly the type of player we need.

Mullin & Nellie are really starting to win me over with their roster moves. I love Bellinelli, I love Wright, and I love the type of game Lasme is supposed to bring. Woo hoo!

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">oh wow, I'm starting to really like Bellinelli</div>

As you should. Kid's going to be a star.

7. DTKennedy

DTKennedy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    I like the Marco-Reggie Miller analogy Keith Smart used (probably because that is one of the players that I saw when seeing the Marco clips [​IMG] ).</div>

The exact same name came to me when watching the clips. Great minds think alike eh [​IMG] [​IMG]

I really think he comes into the season as the team's best pure shooter AND he's quite athletic. He really seems like a perfect fit for the system.

I bet Mully saw an athletic version of himself and der ain't nuttin' wrong wit dat!

8. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I bet Mully saw an athletic version of himself and der ain't nuttin' wrong wit dat!</div>
    unless it happens to be Dunleavy...

9. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Smart compared Belly to Reggie Miller, I think from the descriptions, maybe Rip Hamilton is more appropriate. Either way, if he develops to be half as good as either one of those guys I will be happy. One is a first ballot hall of famer, the other is a NBA champion and an All Star...

10. DTKennedy

DTKennedy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">unless it happens to be Dunleavy...</div>

Oh don't even go there [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Smart compared Belly to Reggie Miller, I think from the descriptions, maybe Rip Hamilton is more appropriate. Either way, if he develops to be half as good as either one of those guys I will be happy. One is a first ballot hall of famer, the other is a NBA champion and an All Star...</div>

Well to be more exact he only compared his ability to move off screens to Reggie Miller; I was stretching what he said to maybe get my hopes higher. He also said he had a good quick release, which he didn't exactly say reminded him of Reggie, but that was something Reggie also had. But another good thing Smart said about Marco is that he has a very strong basketball and competitive mind. The story was that Marco had just arrived to Vegas, had about 5 minutes to drop his stuff off at the hotel and then come to practice. Smart told him to not worry about working too hard after his long flight and being behind after missing the first few practices. But that was not an option for Marco and apparently he did extremely well in the practice. Smart made the allusion that Nelson likes players like this who know how to play no matter what system they're in. It sounds like Nellie will like Marco.

12. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Marco is a gamer if he can play through that much jetlag, Clif. I guess he must have been driven to play because he wanted to make a good impression as a sharpshooter.

He also seemed to play within himself. The shots that missed weren't that far off compared to the last supposed pure shooter in Dunleavy, who squared up his shoulders to the basket, but still couldn't get even close to the rim at times... even while wide open. We'll see if Bell can have more performances like this in the summer leagues. I can't wait to see him play nba pro ball and for 82 games. [​IMG] I Know he'll have some bad shooting games like Michael Redd or Ray Allen and such, but I think he's smart and tenacious enough to do other things like play the passing lanes and running the floor for transition points. He might be a good setup player for us in due time.

13. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Remember, anyone could look great in a summer league game, but I am still surprised. I hope he plays like this in the regular season. Damn, I hope M21 is right, this guy is going to be a star.