Okafor ‘excited to team up’ with Pelicans star Davis

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by truebluefan, Aug 29, 2018.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jahlil Okafor has always looked at Anthony Davis as a role model and now he will finally be teammates with the superstar power forward.

Okafor signed a two-year contract with the New Orleans Pelicans this summer and is excited to be in a winning environment. Both Okafor and Davis are from Chicago and had decorated high school careers in The Windy City.

The former No. 3 overall pick has completely changed his body this summer. Okafor has been training in Miami and has a new, noticeably toned physique. He talked about joining the Pelicans and his offseason regimen on Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J McCollum’s latest podcast.

“I’m really excited to be a part of the New Orleans Pelicans organization,” Okafor said. “You know AD, he’s a Chicago guy, so he’s somebody that I’ve always been able to watch and monitor because when I was a freshman, he was the No. 1 high school player in the country as a senior. I was able to do the same thing. Then he went to Kentucky, won a national championship. Then I went to Duke and copied him — did the same thing and won a national championship. He’s not too much older than me, but a role model in the sense of just the success he’s had and he’s always done everything the right way. I’m excited to be able to team up with him and be with him on a day-to-day basis.”

read more http://amicohoops.net/okafor-excited-to-team-up-with-pelicans-star-davis/