OT OKC up to something

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by illmatic99, Aug 30, 2016.

1. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Just traded for another big man.

This guy is actually pretty decent -- surprised he was available for that cheap. Now they have Kanter, Adams, Lauvergne and Mohammed at C. Also have Sabas jr, Ilyasova, Collison, and McGary at PF,

2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I thought Mohammed got waved

4. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

When Jan. 15th hits... we trade Mild Leotard & Plums (I hate to lose him but we know how this works/would go...) to OKC for Sabas Jr., Adams, Mitch, & Collison; then we cut Collison & THEN we keep all the gold!:ygrin: After this season, we offer Adams & Mitch nice LT contracts AND we've also got lil' Sabas for cheap! WE DEFINITELY win on this trade but OKC DEFINITELY gets/sees the benefit from this trade:wink:

Even still, I see my trade idea havin' legs:smiley-yippee:

5. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Help me out here--why would OKC trade their starting center and a lottery pick (+2 others) for two other centers, neither of whom are the best player in the deal? What "benefit" do they see?

UKRAINEFAN and Eastoff like this.
  6. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

We can trick OKC into taking Mild Leotard bc his still has "potential;" in the new $, Mild Leotard is actually on not a bad 4 year contract. Plumbs is a hellofva rental @ ~$2mill. OKC will soon have to pay Adams & Mitch (he shouldn't be too expensive but still probably more than what OKC is will to pay in the new $:wink:); for our "troubles" of taking Adams & Mitch for a 1yr. rental & releasing OKC from Collison's $ this yr., we get our meat hooks into lil' Sabas + other good things (or @ least the chance @ them)!:ygrin: Really when u boil it down later on down the line, it might have worked out to be a straight up trade of the Leotard for lil' Sabas.

ps saving them all the $ would get them to the point where they could go after someone big; plus, they have to pay Victor next season if they want to keep him:wink:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

It looks like they are trying to make the best of things....acceptance is the final stage of grief....though this could be bargaining too

0-Our! likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

Not going to happen. OKC would laugh at us. Though I could see us trading for Sabas jr and Mitch....maybe...as a means to get under the cap, but they won't give us Adams and we won't take Collision...we would make a trade to get under the cap tax not pay more

0-Our! likes this.
  9. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    They're getting pretty white. I suppose it fits with being in Oklahoma, but then again, being French doesn't.

SlyPokerDog and Chris Craig like this.
  10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They are stockpiling players to trade for Blake Griffin in the .....Blake goes home to Oklahoma where he's from and rednecks are welcome even if they punch their buddies because getting that drunk is manly and fighting is fun

11. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

IF you've got a face like this: blake face.jpg you just might be... a redneck!

riverman and Chris Craig like this.