Ollie Charlwood: 9 predictions

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Ollie Charlwood? Yeah, I never heard of him either. The writer for fadeawayworld:

http://fadeawayworld.com/2017/06/26/top-9-signs-that-will-shock-the-nba-world/

Darkwebs likes this.
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

If someone I've never heard said it then it must be true.

dviss1 and Darkwebs like this.
  3. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    I refuse to believe Utah is any more attractive a free agent destination than we are, even if he went to college there. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to be traded in a couple of years when his contract is close to being up, but I really doubt he's at that point this upcoming season, or even the one after that.

I really don't think we would do anything to help out San Antonio either.

Darkwebs likes this.
  4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Because Hayward and Gobert are much much better than CJ and Nurk...

Also "Lemarcus"

Nothing to see here folks, just another idiot with a keyboard.

5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

How do these fucking morons get jobs?

PHXBlazer1 and dviss1 like this.
  6. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I clicked the link only to see that this idiot thinks Curry is going to sign with the Hornets...LOL!!!

7. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

LMFAO... "Ollie Charlwood!"

You better go shit in your hand!

Dougnsalem and dviss1 like this.
  8. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

My prediction: this "writter" will be forced to stick with his day job, which has nothing to do with the NBA or writing.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  9. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Ermrgrd Lermrcrs!

10. SlyPokerDog

I thought it was LieMarcus.

11. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

Portland Media: Do you like playing in Portland, Dame?
    Dame: Yes, very much. I love the city,i love my teammates, i love coach Stotts and i respect Neil.
    Portland Media: Are you sure you don't want to play somewhere else? maybe move to L.A for the summer?
    Dame: No, i can focus on basketball here.
    Portland Media: Are you sure you're not bored here??
    Dame: Yea
    Portland Media: aren't you upset Neil traded Mason and your buddy Tim? i would be upset.
    Dame: I'm passed it now.
    Portland Media: Did that JERK even ask you before trading your super best friends??
    Dame: That's his job.
    Portland Media: Sooooooooooo... are you sure you can win here?
    Dame: Yes.

Portland Media: "DAMIAN LILLARD IS CONTEMPLATING LEAVING PORTLAND!!!" :MARIS61::MARIS61::MARIS61:

12. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

What utter bullshit.

I refuse to click on the link, but based on the "quality" of the "article", I will assume that fadeawayworld is either part of the fansided empire or some similar content farm/clickbait site of user generated "content".

This "article" is beyond hideous.

First he starts out with an absolute lie:

Damian Lillard: "I want to be traded"

He put it in quotes, but its not a quote. Dame has never said any such thing. Ollie Charlwood is a fucking liar. You can quote me on that. I actually said it.

He follows that up with a false premise:

"Lillard must be felling really frustrated."

Why? Because you said so? Because Dame never has. I repeat: Ollie Charlwood is a fucking liar.

Why does Ollie the liar think "Lillard must be feeling really frustrated"? Because (apparently):

"Only a few years ago the Blazers had a very talented core consisting of himself, Wes Matthews, Nicholas Batum and LeMarcus (sic) Aldridge."

That squad peaked in Lillard's second season and was already on the decline when they blew it up. Aldridge will turn 32 in a month. He just posted his lowest scoring average since 2009-10 and his lowest rebounding average since his rookie year in 2006-07. The guy has been such a huge disappointment in SAS that they are looking to trade him. Of course, post injury Wes is a shadow of his former self and Batum is still the same talented, but passive and inconsistent player he has always been. That core would have continued to decline as Lillard enters his prime. They weren't serious contenders when those guys were at their peaks. They sure as hell wouldn't be with them all on the decline.

Lillard's new core consists of players that are younger than him that will continue to improve as he enters his prime.

And good old Ollie the liar tops it off by stating an ill-informed opinion as if it's a fact:

"they aren’t going to get any better with the team they have"

Right, because NONE of their current players can possibly get any better. 25-year old C.J. McCullum won MIP and then followed it up by improving ALL of his shooting percentages for the 4th year in a row. Jusuf Nurkic is 22 and has barely scratched the surface of his potential. In the 20 games (14-6) with Nurk in the line up, the team vastly improved at both ends of the court. And, they just landed a top 10 pick in a very deep draft. Those guys are Lillard's new core and they all have several years of growth and improvement before they, and this team reach their peak. The future of this team is so much brighter right now that it would be of they had kept that old, declining core together.

So, fuck off Ollie Charlwood. You're a fucking liar and a piss poor hack of a wannabe "writer". Don't quit your day job.

BNM

SIeepwalker likes this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

Ollie made a simple mistake, Lillard isn't asking to be traded, he's asking for @HCP to be traded.

14. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Damian isn't going to ask to be traded, he already did! He did it on one of his benders, and the team is going to oblige him. @HCP Oblige means to do something that someone asks.

15. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    While I agree that the article was incredibly dumb, in fairness to him, he was writing a speculative article about things that could happen that would rock the NBA. He wasn't reporting that Lillard has said "I want to be traded" (which would be a lie). He was speculating that Lillard could say that, forcing a trade somewhere else. The quotation marks were there to indicate Lillard saying this in the possible future world that this writer has constructed (the same future world where Stephen Curry decides to take his talents to Charlotte).

He probably should have made the section heading "Lillard is traded," to make it more clear (but no less silly).

16. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

I've noticed that most of these "articles" on the content farm/clickbait sites follow a script of basically starting with a false premise, then using opinions expressed as if they are facts to support that false premise. The people writing for these content farms are trying to get writing credits as a springboard to a paid career in sports journalism. It's the modern equivalent of vanity publishing.

The problem is the current technology supports linking to these articles that other authors use as "sources" - often times there is circular linking among many of the sites owned by the same company. If something gets linked enough, it rises to the top of the google search results. If it gets repeated enough, and quoted enough, it also becomes accepted as fact. Fake news at its worse.

BNM