Organizational Culture

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by kukoc4ever, May 30, 2015.

1. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Championship organizations have a championship culture for the most part. At least the dynasty ones do. The Spurs. The Jordan Bulls. The Pat Riley Heat. These organizations also need the talent to do amazing things.

Losing Thibs is more than just losing a coach. Many have said that NBA coaches are a dime a dozen and that you can swap one out for another and it doesn’t really matter. And, as a long time follower of the NBA, that is true. There are a few special ones, but the coach usually needs talent to win championships

But Thibs was more than that to the Bulls. Thibs was the culture. He brought it from the NBA Champion Celtics and certainly instilled it for the Bulls. Now, the Bulls were not able to get past one of the greatest players of all-time in Lebron James, but the Bulls did have an elite culture. Defense, hard work, overcoming adversity and winning.

So, losing Thibs is more than losing a coach. Its losing the Bulls culture for the best 5 year span since MJ. The only time the Bulls have been at all relevant since MJ has been under the direction of Thibs and the culture and winning habits he infused into the players he was given to coach.

Now that he’s gone, what is the culture? Its pretty clear that the Bulls very well may be run by boobs. There has been some good talent evaluation but the organization culture above Thibs – Players on the org chart looks to be a complete clusterfuck. What culture is the GarPax way? Undermine, smear and micromanage? Who knows, they have no track record without Thibs except losing or mediocrity. Even this season, when the Bulls did have a chance to get past Lebron (dammit Gasol stay healthy!!!), the front office spent so much energy undermining and smearing the head coach, which in many ways sabotages the team. They wanted to preserve their own jobs and spin the PR more than win a championship. Sickening.

Where will GarPax and Freddy Del Hoiberg lead the Bulls? Who knows? Is there any evidence that they are capable of running an championship organization. No. IMO, the evidence points to the contrary.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I wouldn't count the championship Bulls in any group of championship organization. The coach and players won in spite of management, not because of any culture management cultivated.

The culture now will be don't play hard to win games. If you have a hangnail, take a seat.

3. bulls_with_booz

bulls_with_booz We're Selfish

The owners are bitches. It's the only way to put it. I don't want to be sexist, but it seems as if they're a pair of spiteful women running things.

Firing a coach behind the head coaches back.

Putting new rules in regarding training staff and blaming it on the coach.

The crazy room tapping story!?

It's just nuts. I hate being a Bulls fan right now. I thought we were past the daytime Soap Opera bullshit. I thought we knew that whatever happened, Thibs was a -damn- good coach. I guess not.

4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice post kk4e

5. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

I don't think they'll suddenly revert and lose the good qualities that Tom developed and instilled in them.