Orlando Magic Buzz(about Hill, Zaza, Britton Johnson)

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Jul 13, 2003.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Hill will test ankle on Wednesday

By Jerry Brewer | Sentinel Staff Writer
    Posted July 13, 2003
    Grant Hill will put down the crutches Wednesday and put all his weight on his ailing ankle for the first time in a year.

In an interview in today's editions of the New York Times, Hill said his three years of failure to fix his problematic ankle have left him older but desperate to win a championship.

"In the last three years, I guess you can say I've developed a sense of urgency," Hill said. "I definitely have this same sense of desperation. I'm the oldest player on the roster. I was always used to being the youngest, now I'm the oldest. I know that when I get back on the court -- whenever that is -- this is going to be it.

"You compete to achieve the ultimate, and that's a championship."

Hill didn't address the Magic's plan to have him sit out this season to rest his ankle.

Zaza's contract woes

Zaza Pachulia, a player the Magic hope to have on the roster next season, first must work out an overseas contract dispute before negotiating with Orlando.

Ulker, the Turkish team Pachulia played for last season, said it still owns the rights to the power forward. Pachulia, who is from the Republic of Georgia, likely will need to arrange a buyout agreement to play in the NBA next season.

The potential buyout demands of his team are unknown. By NBA rules, the Magic only can contribute $350,000 toward a buyout.

Pachulia, the No. 42 pick in last month's draft, figures to demand more money from the Magic because of the buyout. There is no salary scale for second-round selections, and Pachulia is a talent capable of earning more than a minimum contract on the open market.

If the Magic want him here next season, they likely will have to pay him a little more than the typical second-rounder, such as a two-year contract with an annual salary between $750,000-$1.3 million.

Johnsen heads to Boston

Britton Johnsen, who dunked on LeBron James in a defining moment last week, left the Magic's summer-league team a day early to play with the Washington Wizards' entry in a league in Boston
    </div>

2. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Grant Hill.. I love you and all (your wife I cant stand [​IMG] nah I'm kidding Tamia cool) but dang if you cant play this year hang it up... I still got respect for you and all but just stop before you get yourself more hurt than you can already handle.

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

he needs to sit out a year, give us the IE and rest, then try again a year later.