Orlando Magic High on Draft Picks!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Jul 13, 2003.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    At the end of a long camp of learning, Reece Gaines grinned and pumped his fist. Keith Bogans soon would come over to slap his hand. In the background, Zaza Pachulia trailed, slow and steady, happy but showing little emotion.

The Pepsi Pro Summer League is over now, and there are knees to be iced and egos to be soothed. Still, Gaines, Bogans and Pachulia leave with some sense of comfort. And the Orlando Magic, who drafted the trio, exit believing they have found three players who could contribute next season.

"I like our guys," Magic Coach Doc Rivers said. "I think they're all going to be pretty good."

Last month's NBA Draft looks to be most productive after two years of misses</div>

For Gaines, the results were mixed. The point guard averaged 11.2 points and four assists, but he also had 3.6 turnovers per game. The numbers are deceiving because of the ugly nature of summer-league competition. Still, Gaines had some trouble handling the ball and with defensive awareness. At the same time, he had a better shooting touch than Magic officials previously thought, and his ability to get in the lane and dish is a skill the Magic desperately need from the point-guard position.
    </div>

Bogans and Pachulia, both second-round picks, were the most impressive Magic players in this league. Playing with intent, Bogans proved that concerns about his jumper were overrated. The shooting guard led the Magic with 19.4 points over five games. He shot 47.2 percent from the field, including 36.4 from 3-point range. Pachulia averaged 12.6 points and a team-high 8.6 rebounds.

At 19, Pachulia is an intriguing talent. He has a solid body and plays physical, a trait most Magic big men have lacked. He also shoots the midrange jumper with accuracy and can dribble in traffic. His skills would translate favorably to regular-season NBA play</div>

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bask...?coll=orl-magic

good news for magic fans, hopefully they can keep it up.

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

:thumbsup: Gaines and Pachulia
    :thumbsdown: Bogans

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

u think zaza and gaines will keep it up and bogans won't or u like gaines and zaza, but don't like bogans?

4. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sportsrock37":</div><div class="quote_post">u think zaza and gaines will keep it up and bogans won't or u like gaines and zaza, but don't like bogans?</div>Both.

Bogans = Sorry excuse for a man. Pathetic piece of trash.

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

y do you say that, lol? y don't u like bogans?

6. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sportsrock37":</div><div class="quote_post">y do you say that, lol? y don't u like bogans?</div>Because Bogans is the :twisted:!!! and he graduated from UK. Same thing imo.

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

8. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

that means nothing

they were prob high on sasser.. and he sucks

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

truemaster is gonna go psycho. i think his 1st year, they weren't high on him, but last year he had a good summer camp. sasser isn't that bad, he needs to get more playing time to be more productive. i bet u gilbert arenas would be in the same situation if we drafted him instead of sasser.

10. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

theres too mamy hihgh school kids giong to the NBA

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

yeah, well we need someone to sign to help us out. i think all 3 of our rookies will play important roles in our season. gaines will eventually be our starting pg at the end of the year, zaza might be our starting center(if he continues to play like he did in the summer league), and bogans will prove to be a good backup sg/sf that would help give tmac some min resting on the bench.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sportsrock37":</div><div class="quote_post">truemaster is gonna go psycho. i think his 1st year, they weren't high on him, but last year he had a good summer camp. sasser isn't that bad, he needs to get more playing time to be more productive. i bet u gilbert arenas would be in the same situation if we drafted him instead of sasser.</div>

[​IMG] doubtful

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

magic never play their rookies or young players enough. they should've played sasser and hunter and humphrey more the last 2 years. i seriously doubt that they would've played arenas if we drafted him instead of sasser.

14. TMac#1Fan

TMac#1Fan JBB JustBBall Member

who wudnt be they r all great players

15. GatorsowntheNCAA