Ortiz camp, Red Sox talk extension

Discussion in 'American League East' started by truebluefan, Dec 14, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

World Series MVP David Ortiz said Friday that his representatives are working with the Boston Red Sox to add another season to his contract, which expires after next season.

The 38-year-old designated hitter shared the news with reporters at his annual charity golf tournament in the Dominican Republic.

"My lawyers are talking with the Red Sox to see if we can get another year, and we'll see what happens later," Ortiz said to Dionisio Soldevila of ESPNDeportes.com in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

"Maybe I'll play another year or two more years. I'm at a stage where I'll play depending on how I feel physically. Looking at Cano's deal and the rest of the boys that came only yesterday to the big leagues, signing those contracts, one says, 'that's why we're here.'"

Read more http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...tiz-boston-red-sox-working-one-year-extension

2. mlbfan

mlbfan New Member

No brainer here sign him to his extension and let the best DH in the history of the game retire Red Sox and wait for his day in the Hall Of Fame!!

3. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Yeah let him become the only player connected to PEDs make the HOF. Compliments of his pal Bud (full of shit) Selig.

4. mlbfan

mlbfan New Member

lol......................... that's all I got for a clearly disgruntled Yankee Fan!!

5. Rick2583

Let me guess, you live under a rock & never heard that he was part of the 102 names linked to PEDs. Time to remove the blinders.

6. mlbfan

mlbfan New Member

Good thing you don't get paid to play the guessing game. Everyone knows he was on the "List". How many of those 102 names were punished? You base your decision making on who should and should not get into the Hall Of Fame off of a list how about basing your decision off of the facts? He was never suspended has never since that "List" came out failed a PED test and has never since then been linked to any PED's except for you disgruntled Yankee fans of course. You all get pissed off because Your Prima Donna Aroid not only got bagged for using them while with the Yankees but even admits to using them when He was Ranger. And your wonderful GM who is suppose to be this brilliant front office guy goes and signs him? Perhaps it is you who should take off the blinders? You Yankee fans gloat about your 18 or whatever championships to which 90% of them you weren't even born to watch.............What has your team done in the past decade.........................Yeah exactly they have just gotten older that's it. Amazing that Your Afraud got suspended for 162 games which all you Yankee fans wanted from the get go so some would say you had MLB and Selig in your back pockets..............Think about it before you come back with such rubbish.

7. Rick2583

Not all the names were released num-nuts. Reality check: And forget about A-Rod. Very few Yankee fans are rooting for this loser. As a matter of fact most of us would rather see him gone for good. So this is not about being disgruntled about one of our own but hey, that was a nice try.

He was nothing as a hitter until he joined Manny in Boston. You remember Manny don't you? He was another player most Red Sox fans claimed to be clean. OUCH!!

8. bern_baby_bern

bern_baby_bern Member

Are we betting that the boycott against PED users will be lifted by then? I hope so. Bonds and Clemens should be in there, no matter how you slice it.

9. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    I love how Sawk fans throw Arod into Yankee fans faces....you would have taken Arod back in the day and you know it. How Ortiz gets NO scrutiny being on the list of POSITIVE banned substances is beyond me.

10. Rick2583

Yeah sometimes I think that if you look in the dictionary under the word delusional you'll see a picture of a guy wearing a Red Sox hat.

11. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Are you high mlbfan? not only is Edgar Martinez far and away a better DH, he was also CLEAN

12. Rick2583

I'm guessing MLB Fan got chased off the family computer when dad came home from work. Which explains why he stopped posting. Either that or he's just licking his wounds after getting bitch slapped.