OT-ish: "Move it or you die"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by B-Roy, Oct 13, 2015.

1. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nbas-next-shooting-revolution-has-already-been-televised/

A great article on how the assist is the most important quality of a good offense. There's some really good information here.

It seems the Blazers are moving more and more towards this philosophy as well. I think the last two years, we were inching towards this as well but Aldridge was a horrible ball-stopper that was being coddled and enabled by the entire franchise. Sadly, I feel like Pop is going to get Aldridge to buy into the team concept and he'll probably be better because of it.

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I love that they found a way to tie that shot to that acronym. I will now post that in the game thread any time I'm watching and see one.

3. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

I'm okay with that, because LMA leaving Portland lets both Portland and San Antonio improve. LMA staying lets neither team improve.

4. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Yeah it is interesting. Teams are shooting way more threes, small ball and passing offense. These changes have been undeniably successful. I'm glad we've had these changes, there's far less scrub stiff big men clogging up the court than 10-20 years ago. I'd rather see a small ball wing than unskilled plodding centers. Makes the games more interesting to watch.

The way the game is played is always changing though. At some point there will be a new counter strategy that an innovative coach will implement and take advantage of these trends.