OT-Livingston turns down deal

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The_Lillard_King, Oct 2, 2008.

1. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Ramona Shelburne of the Los Angeles Daily News: "I've had a chance to speak with a few more people about the Shaun Livingston situation in the last few days and get a better sense of just how serious the club is about bringing him back. The last conversation the Clippers have had with free-agent guard Shaun Livingston came in the beginning of August, when it offered him a two-year deal and Livingston passed on it. That deal was for a minimum salary and was guaranteed. Livingston would've had an option for the second year. While that deal isn't officially still on the table, the door is more than open. Though I'm told that it's Livingston and his agent who would need to re-open talks."

Posters were trying to guess what kind of contract Blazers would offer if they were interested in Livingston. I obviously don't know, but above is one contract that was offered to him.

2. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Interesting. I really do wonder what we considered offering him. In fact, it may have been that we offered him a deal roughly along the lines of what the Clips offered him and he turned it down.

3. BlazersBlood

BlazersBlood It's flowing within me.

Was it made official that he turned us down? Or did we not offer a contract due to our knowledge of his asking price?

4. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I have no idea; I was just posing the question. I'm always interested in the backstory and I hope we get it sometime in the next couple of months.