OT-Mike Dunleavy's coaching

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by RW#30, Nov 13, 2008.

1. RW#30

RW#30 Member

I couldn't stand his match up approach with our team. He never exploited the opposing team, he matched up. We should have won during his years in Portland.

Looks like Davis already fed up..

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke12-2008nov12,0,1946636,full.column

Whose movie is it, anyway?

Does it belong to Baron Davis, the leading man signed to a $65-million contract this summer in the Clippers' attempt to grab some leftover Lakers glitter?

Or does it belong to Mike Dunleavy, the ruler-tapping boss who believes all that glitters is cold?

2. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

I prefer coaches that force problems on to other teams, because when you are a matchup coach like Dunleavy, you are allowing the other team to dictate the strength of the game. They put in their best players at certain positions, and you may not match up talent wise with them. I prefer coaches who say, "no, we are going to make you stop us at what we do best." Dunleavy is a good coach in many ways, teaching the game and such, but when it comes to being a court general and deciding who goes in and out, he sucks.

This reminds me of Avory Johnson losing in the 1st round of the playoffs to the Warriors, coached by Don Nelson. Don Nelson would go small. Avory Johnson would try to matchup, and Golden State would play to their strength, being a small team. Avory Johnson has the same problem as Dunleavy.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. RW#30

RW#30 Member

I agree. Keep eye on the Knicks this year. They will be in the playoff this year, even tough their #6 overall pick suck or never play.