OT - Should Draymond Green be suspended?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BoBoBREWSKI, May 23, 2016.

?

Should Draymond Green be suspended for Game 4?

1. YES

62 vote(s)
    95.4%
  2. NO

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

No brainer.

If the NBA does not suspend him, they have bigger issues than we even knew about with regards to accurate and unbiased referring.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Two players (should be) on suspension for low blows in the conference finals. WTF?

4. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

Yes you have to suspended this guy you going to suspend one you got to suspend all. To me it does look intentional especially when this second time against the same guy you do it to. NBA quit standing on your hands with this guy and do the right thing get his attention by give him one game suspension.

Red Rooster and BigGameDamian like this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Yeah...and maybe kicked in the nuts repeatedly while suspended until he understands what pain is

Spud147 likes this.
  6. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    I can get the argument that he is flailing trying to get contact and the nut kick, not the throwing his leg into adams widely, was incidental. If they hadn't just suspended someone for the same thing then that argument might get Green off. Now it should not and if he isn't suspended then that is going to bring a lot of heat on the NBA because it will be viewed as the only reason he wasn't suspended is because he is one of the best players left in the playoffs.

7. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    To paraphrase Sheed, "Balls don't lie".
    Green has to miss the next game or the NBA has no credibility.

8. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

If Jones was...then Green has to be.

What really irritates me most is that Green was flopping when he did it. Making sure the refs knew he was fouled. Even if he didn't mean to hit him where he did.....if he wouldn't have exaggerated the foul....it would not have happened. It was a CP3 move..

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    blue9 and PtldPlatypus like this.
  9. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Green should have been ejected in the Blazers game when the refs didn't have to guts to eject a second Warriors player in the same game, and should have suspended by the league upon reviewing the video of him hitting the ref. He should have had at least six more techs in the Blazers series too, and been sitting for those. Fuck Green and fuck the league.

10. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Since Green claimed his leg just went up on its own since his core isn't very strong, someone came up with this suggestion:

rasheedfan2005 and Red Rooster like this.
  11. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

First off he's full of shit.

Secondly, yeah he should be suspended. I am all about bringing the physicality back into the game, but kicking dudes nuts is bush league.

12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Seriously?
    I do a workout for an hour a day, combine cardio, core, weight. I am a 61 year old woman. I am not in the same league, literally or figuratively, as a 20 something professional athlete, male or female. I can categorically say I have never accidentally kneed someone in the nuts. I'm the world's prize klutz, if there is something to trip over I trip, something to walk into, I walk into it. I have enough body control so I can right myself and not land on my bad knee, like I used to before I started working out and lost 51.2 lbs. Still, no comparison and if I have that amount of core strength/body control Green sure as fucking hell does!

13. Boise Blazer

Boise Blazer Thread Lightly

14. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Of course he should be suspended. The question is will he be suspended. Will the NBA have the "balls" to make the right call? A precedent was set just hours before the incident when Dahntay Jones was suspended for a far less severe violation. And that wasn't the first. There have been many other precedents of players suspended for a blow to the groin of an opponent. Intent was never factor, because it can't be determined and no player will ever admit they intended to hit/kick an opponent in the nuts. They ALL deny it.

I get that Steve Kerr is lobbying against one of his key players being suspended for a critical playoff game, but this quote is absolute bullshit and caused me to lose a lot of respect for Kerr:

"[Russell] Westbrook kicks his feet out on every 3, and there is contact. I mean, that's just part of the game. So I don't understand how that can be deemed a flagrant 1. I think it should be rescinded."

Seriously Steve???? I don't think you believe that for one second. I know I'm not that dumb and you're a pretty smart guy. It's not even close to the same thing. What Westbrook does, Harden does, and so do Klay and Steph and many, many others. They extend a leg outward while in the air in an attempt to draw contact to get a whistle. They don't shoot the ball, land on both feet and then kick an opponent in the nuts.

What they do is similar to a punter on football trying to draw a roughing the kicker flag. They hold that leg out there and hope a defender, attempting to block the punt, lightly grazes it on the way by, at which point, they pirouette, like a well trained ballerina, fall to the ground and grab their knee. I'm pretty sure if a punter, got the kick off, landed on both feet and then kicked a defender squarely in the nuts, there would be a flag alright, but it wouldn't be for roughing the kicker.

There should be ZERO question about this. Green should be suspended for one game and there should be ZERO debate. Intent should not be a factor, as you can never really know someone's intentions. Green's actions were reckless, unnecessary and put another player at risk for injury. END OF STORY.

The fact that it's Draymond Green, it's the Warriors and it's the playoffs should not be considered in the decision - unless they are considering a two game suspension instead of one based on Green's history. I HATE situational officiating. I HATE superstar calls and I hate that the game is called differently in the last minute than it is in the first minute. A foul is a foul is a foul, no matter who the player is and when it happens. And, if the NBA does not suspend Green, that's exactly what it is, considering the situation, not the act. It ruins the integrity of the game.

BNM

P.S. Congratulations to Andrew Bogut. You are now officially no longer the dirtiest, most hated player on your team.

Red Rooster, dviss1, BBert and 2 others like this.
  15. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

And also... way to go with the with the weight loss and over all bad assery! :pumpitup:

Red Rooster likes this.
  16. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That was perhaps the most useless interview I've ever heard. He literally gave zero insight into anything.

Wizard Mentor and GriLtCheeZ like this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I felt the same way exactly...lip service interview at best

18. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

"Now we have dead ball contact."

Interesting choice of words!

BNM

19. Boise Blazer

Boise Blazer Thread Lightly

I agree and the reason I posted is because this is an indicator to me that they arent going to do anything

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

If Adams had clamped his legs together and turned around quickly, he could've snapped Green's leg in two...wishful thinking but karma's a bitch!