Our Offseason

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by playmaker15, Apr 29, 2007.

1. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Now that we got embarassed by the Baby Bulls. What do you think we should do in the offseason? I say get rid of J-Will, he is too injury prone IMO. We also need to keep Posey because of his defensive and hustle play. Walker has come on late and I'd like to keep him. We should sign one of those big FA's on the market but we need a way to make cap room.

Draft-wise, we need another strong inside player or a solid perimiter defender with our pick.

What do you guys think?

2. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

first we need to drop some guys that we're just dragging along, such as doleac, simien, and barron. that gives us the room to pick up other guys that we can actually use. i wouldnt get rid of chris quinn b/c hes young and still has a lot of time to improve. trade 'toine for someone a bit more valuabe. keep posey for his defense, athleticism, shooting, and hustle. im hoping that we draft either roy hibbert or acie law, or at least someone like that. hopefully we'll work with dorell wright and make him get more time and make an impact.

3. playmaker15

Could Jameer Nelson be an option in Free Agency? Is his contract even up? I like his game more than Jason right now. I like Simien and Barron because Barron is long and athletic with a nice mid-range jumper. I can live without quinn. I don't value Simien as much because his game is similar to Udonis. We need a good draft and free agency period.

4. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

I say first of all, concentrate on developing D Wright rather than trying to sign some young athletes. We are already over cap and I think we should concentrate on DWright who belongs to us.
    I really don't know who we can sign tho. I don't want another old veteran. We gots too many of those. Full of experience but no energy left.

5. playmaker15

^^Agreed, but I think trading J-Will would be a great move for us. Cap-wise as well as getting rid of an old guy.

Maybe this could be our lineup in 07-08

Wade
    Kapono
    Wright/Posey
    Haslem
    Shaq

Maybe add Jameer in there so we can start Wade at the 2 and have k come off the bench.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Why would Jameer bolt Orlando? They've got a brighter future than Miami does. Miami is over the cap and they're not getting any better. Miami, on the other hand, has the best young player in the league.

7. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

I say first of all, concentrate on developing D Wright rather than trying to sign some young athletes. We are already over cap and I think we should concentrate on DWright who belongs to us.
    I really don't know who we can sign tho. I don't want another old veteran. We gots too many of those. Full of experience but no energy left.

8. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Jameer's contract is up after this season but he's most likely staying in Orlando.

9. playmaker15

Oh well, any other ideas for the offseason?

10. bbwSwish

If you need a point guard, what about Mike Bibby? Maybe Riley can pull off a sign and trade since he's a free agent.

11. playmaker15

True, but he's getting old as well, I believe he'll be turning 30 next season. A young PG would be good but Bibby would work well with Dwyane and Shaq. I think the key is to develop Dorrell.

12. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

We got to let go of Walker, Jones, Williams, and get some young energetic guards that can play defense. Kapono and Posey are free agents now, but I think both will stay (hopefully). Also Zo is probably going to retire, so a solid big man that brings energy to back up Shaq would work. But most importantly we just gotta start getting rid of these old people, and replace them with young and athletic players.

Wade/Dorrell Wright/Haslem are the future of this team, hopefully D-Wright can get his deserved minutes next season.

13. playmaker15

Bibby sounds like a nice option, but what would sacramento want? I wouldn't trade a first rounder for him because we need youth and especially in this draft being so deep. A guy like Acie Law would be great for us IMO.

14. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

Wade is young enough to start rebuilding. So, I think getting rid of your older players is a priority.

Your PG situation needs to be addressed imo. Over the off season you'll have some choices: Mo Williams, and Steve Blake stick out the most to me. As both a Laker and Magic fan, I want them. They do their job running the offense through the point, they don't look for a lot of shots, and they do a decent job on defense.

In terms of bigs to back up Shaq, Desagana Diop and Chris Mihm would be decent pick ups. However, from what I understand, Mihm likes it in L.A. and wants to stay. If you guys want to develop Barron though, he'd be your best bet backing Shaq.

On a side note, I think you guys should resign Eddie Jones. He has been an unsung hero off the bench on both sides of the court.

15. playmaker15

^He's a choker in the playoffs but I love Eddie so yeah I'd like ihm to come back. Mo Williams could be a nice option but I don't know if he's reliable defensively. We still need a way to get rid of Walker and Williams. Who is gonna want them?

16. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">Playmaker15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^He's a choker in the playoffs but I love Eddie so yeah I'd like ihm to come back. Mo Williams could be a nice option but I don't know if he's reliable defensively. We still need a way to get rid of Walker and Williams. Who is gonna want them?</div>

From my understanding you won't have to worry about Williams. He is an FA this off season. Walker, however, is your problem to solve. [​IMG]

Mo Williams being a defensive liability isn't true, as far as I know anyway. Statistically it shows that the Bucks were better defensively when he was on the court.

http://www.82games.com/0607/06MIL3D.HTM

17. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

If you guys are gonna get younger you got to packege Williams and Haslem together for smush, turiaf, radman

wade
    Wright
    radman
    Turiaf
    Shaq

damn on second thought that kind of sucks. Oh well! at least you guys till have a great GM in riley.

18. bbwSwish

Smush = NBDL Star if he's lucky.
    Udonis Haslem > Ronny Turiaf
    Radman is overrated.

That is a rip off for the Heat.

19. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

keep:
    Wade
    Shaq
    Haslem
    Posey
    Kapono
    Walker
    Mourning

get rid of:
    anyone else

20. playmaker15

That would mean we get rid of Jones, Walker, Barron, and Quinn.

I would like having Mike Bibby. What would you guys consider a reasonable offer for him?