Overrated?

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Blitz, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Blitz

Blitz NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I mean ya they got a miracle out of big ben that most teams dream for but i just dont think there as good as they "ACT" im pretty sure this season there going to get showen up by multiple teams

2. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

I got pissed, on madden, Rothlesbuger was a 91 with updated rosters.

3. Fox

Fox BBW Member

There is no way the Steelres are gonna go 15-1 again, but they will win the division and get back into the playoffs.And hopefully win the Super Bowl.

4. Bled11Harr3

Bled11Harr3 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think Big Ben with experience the growing pains this year that he somehow skipped as a rookie last year.He started slowing down towards the end if I remember right... He is now a receiver short too. Burress is gone, and Randle El will have to replace him. I mean, he's extremely fast, but he doesn't have the height working for him like Plaxico did. We'll just have to wait and see.

5. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Big Ben is a good QB. He won't have a year like last year's and neither will the Steelers, but he is not really overrated.I expect the Ravens to win the division though.

6. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Yeah I say the Ravens win it too but Roethlisberger shouldn't be 91 on madden and I think with the lose of Plaxico Burress Big Ben will struggle, the Steelers have tougher competion this year with the Pats, Colts, Ravens and Jets. The Jets would have beat them if it wasn't for Doug Brien.

7. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Roethlisberger is a great quarterback. You can't take that away from him. But I can't see him improving after last years miracle season. They lost alot on offense and defense. Plax, Alan Faneca, Kendrell Bell...

8. M2D

M2D NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I don't think Roethlisberger is good number wise, or for fantasy purposes. He is just good at taking over the game, and making the big plays.Roethlisberger is not one of the leet QB's in the league by any means.

9. Karlos

Then by the point you just made, neither is Brady or Vick.

10. M2D

M2D NFLC nflcentral.net Member

You are correct about Vick, that is for now he is not a good QB number's wise. But you cant argue he's a playmaker.But Brady is great number wise and playmaking wise man. I mean he threw for 3600+ yards last year and had 28 td's and 14 ints.While Big Ben had 2600+ yards and 17 td's and 11 ints in 14 games. For Ben to match his stats, if he played the full 16 games...In 2 games Ben would had to have averaged 500 yards and 5.5 Td's.I never said Brady wasn't good number wise. Because he is good number wise [​IMG]

11. manaleyo

manaleyo BBW Member

vick still needs time, if you look at steve young it took him quite a while to get used to the wco, but i dont think the wco fits vick because its based on timing and accuracy which is not something vick is really good on right now. But yes he is a great playmaker. Big ben has lots of talent around him and great recievers.

12. Karlos

Actually, I think Vick's passing game is underrated.

13. rams28

rams28 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

as far as QB's go, I reckon Brady is a good QB. ups or downs he knows how to play and he knows how to recover from deficets. I'm sure people are gonna argue this point i'm making, but go for it, I'm just saying what I believe is a great QB.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

The steelers are not overrated because nobody expects them to go 15-1 again. But I do see an 11-5, 12-4 type team that will make it to the playoffs. Their running game and their defense is amazing so they do not need Rothlisberger to throw the ball too much. Thats just my opinion though.

15. Drew

Drew BBW Member

The Steelers aren't overrated. They went 15-1 didn't they? They showed up and they put up and that created the Big buzz. Can Ben lead them to 15-1 again? I don't think so but I think they'll go 11-5 or 10-6 and thats still a damn good season.

16. StreeTBallTacTics

StreeTBallTacTics BBW Member

yea, they are

17. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

They're not too overrated, they're pretty good, and will continue to be good, its just Roethlisberger was horrible in the playoffs, and hopefully will learn this year, and become better. I see maybe 12-13 wins from them.

18. rams28

rams28 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If Big Ben did it once he can do it again. BUT in reality I don't think he'll do it this season. Pittsburgh are a good team, and they can work the ball on both sides. OK so against Phili in pre-season that was a good game and they disgraced McNabb in play #1 of the game but that's pre-season when it becomes regular season, I'd have to go with a realistic win-loss record of lets say 11-5, but I could be wrong.

19. jms

jms NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think they aren't over rated, BUTbig ben probably wont have a crazy year like he did las year, bettis is another year older and they lost one of their better WR's to FA. but on the flip side, they still have a really powerfull D.

20. StreeTBallTacTics

StreeTBallTacTics BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superbowlhome @ Aug 17 2005, 07:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think they aren't over rated, BUTbig ben probably wont have a crazy year like he did las year, bettis is another year older and they lost one of their better WR's to FA. but on the flip side, they still have a really powerfull D.</div> agree, something will happen or they wont overestimate him this year