Overtime should just be a freethrow contest

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by EGame, Mar 26, 2019.

1. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

Ok so obviously my thread is a bit of a joke and obviously Im posting emotionally like most of you and this thread will probably be closed lol, but based on what happened tonight does anyone at all think OT should change based off of tonight? Are people ok with the play until some wins rule as opposed to something like the NFL where in the regular season you do one OT if it is still a tie the game ends as such. NFL has controversy with teams potentially not being able to even touch the ball and someone winning but NBA is different. Teams have 5 minutes to play solid basketball offensively and defensively and if that still means its a tie should it stay that way or do people prefer the play until someone wins way? Generally just curious and maybe the results maybe biased based off of tonight, i dont know. But Id like to here peoples opinions.

edit: and obviously this is different in playoffs. Then you play until someone wins even if it takes 100 OTs

2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Maybe a 3 point shootout, but it has to be one of your starters, with no "moneyballs" and players from both teams go simultaneously.